• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Direct - January 18th, 4PM CST (Japan confirmed, FE Mobile unveiling)

I'm just praying we get some kind of info on fire emblem for Switch. Whether that's a port of the 3ds games or a brand new title I don't mind. I just want something.

Forkball

Yeah, the Japanese tweet just confirmed Fire Emblem for smartphones will definitely be shown.

Oh my.... but expected.

My predictions:

FE Mobile
Warriors
Revelations Switch
New FE tease
Smash 4 Switch but all characters are now from Fire Emblem
Lucina in Mario Kart 8
FE Clothing for Animal Crossing New Leaf
Marth sword DLC for Breath of the Wild
Donnel amiibo

Dystify

Well Japanese Twitter user seem excited about it. The announcement tweet got 3000 retweets in 10 minutes and it's still increasing rapidly.

isn't mario kart 8 deluxe the same game (+dlc ) with only the arena mode and the frame pacing glitch fixed ?
No new races is a serious bummer.

As for fates , Nintendo only has to restore all those cut support conversations and i'll maybe come back to this game.

New items, new characters, new mechanic (double items)

DJIzana

Need new Fire Emblem Switch game announcement.

As much as I'd love this I don't see that happening (outside of rumored Revelations port and Musou game). To me, we're likely to see the above two + mobile game. Anything more than that and I'd be pretty impressed. If we do get a new FE, it'll likely be one for 3DS, unfortunately. :(

m4st4

So can we expect a similar Direct in February, dedicated to Animal Crossing mobile/Switch? I hope so. And then another one for system UI and VC closer to launch.

Maiar_m

Fire Emblem Fate remaster, all three storylines on Switch (each sold separately)? :D I tease. I'm looking forward to this, mobile part of it included.

So can we expect a similar Direct in February, dedicated to Animal Crossing mobile/Switch?V I hope so. And then another one for system UI and VC.

If Nintendo want to please the investors that they promised two more mobile games by March to, they'll have to speak out on AC Mobile soon.

Mihos

Gold Member
I have zero interest at all in a mobile version, but announce something for Switch and I am all ears.

As much as I'd love this I don't see that happening (outside of rumored Revelations port and Musou game). To me, we're likely to see the above two + mobile game. Anything more than that and I'd be pretty impressed. If we do get a new FE, it'll likely be one for 3DS, unfortunately. :(

ppl still talk about that lol revelations port from that website template mistake? hah

R0ckman

Probably going to be Warriors focused, judging from how they handled Mario Run info they probably know the core Nintendo base doesn't give a damn about supplementary mobile games.

m4st4

If Nintendo want to please the investors that they promised two more mobile games by March to, they'll have to speak out on AC Mobile soon.

Exactly. They promised FE and AC both in March. So why not give us a hint on AC Switch as well in another Direct. I imagine it looking like AC MK8 assets + New Leaf - it's going to be glorious.

Predictions:

-Fire Emblem Mobile
-Fire Emblem Fates HD 3-in-1 this summer/Fire Emblem Radiant Collection
-
New Smash Character From the 3DS games

I thought the start of Fire Emblem's global success was because they introduced waifu's to a series that was on it's deathbed.

They always had waifus

IT095n413jkeEjd6wrH3aHobBCtbtX5rSsLfsQhHWDNxWtbO9E73SZu8JqgZGqGhXo6ofsQ3x3tODtDdE4NePs01Xx6x7K5ZUcMK7GnP0v-qqIB2Of7BL7NoCvgWFSli9f5ic4rpMB7Wv4f-AeDVB_xNuM7Vp3wwL54Dp_uA-Q=w297-h495-nc

I have zero interest at all in a mobile version, but announce something for Switch and I am all ears.

Nintendo is using mobile as a gateway drug.. like pokemon moon they will have a follow up to mobile FE and animal crossing and i dont think it will be 3DS

Ganondolf

so a direct in each region at the same time. this is not just DLC. they are showing the switch warriors game (and maybe the mobile game).

What if they show a teaser trailer to a new main FE Switch game?

Hoping for:
Fates for Switch
New "console" style FE (Radiant Dawn was the last)
VC Switch clarity (SNES translations would be instabuy)

Here we go. Maybe.

I like Lucius, too bad he's the only unpromoted light magic user tho. I like him, but I wish FE7 had more light. And dark.
Compared to 6's gigantic cast 7 is a pretty big reduction in size. I would trade the cast size for varied map objectives any day though.

rhandino

Banned
I thought the start of Fire Emblem's global success was because they introduced waifu's to a series that was on it's deathbed.
Series always had 'waifus'/supports.

The most likely reason for the series reaching new audiences is the introduction of a TON of QoL features and Casual Mode.

so a direct in each region at the same time. this is not just DLC. they are showing the switch warriors game (and maybe the mobile game).

What if they show a teaser trailer to a new main FE Switch game?
Japan confirmed they're showing the mobile game.

My dream (and staying realistic) Direct would be

-FE mobile
-FE Warriors for fall release
-new console style FE game tease for 2018

L95

Compared to 6's gigantic cast 7 is a pretty big reduction in size. I would trade the cast size for varied map objectives any day though.

Yeah, true, both Lucius and Canas are cool dudes anyway.

But now.... it is time for me to go back to worrying that warriors has way too many fates characters

Nerazar

Excited for Warriors, I loved Hyrule Warriors!

If we are able to play it splitscreen with the joycons, I'll happily take the game with me. :) Fire Emblem is an even better match than Hyrule Warriors, I think. They might go crazy with Pegasus riding, all those different classes and weapon classes etc.

The Japanese tweet also indicates that next to the smartphone entry, a lot of / various news regarding the series itself will be included in the broadcast.

So my prediction would be:

Fire Emblem Warriors for 2017 / early 2018
Fire Emblem Smartphone Game
Fire Emblem Switch (3DS upport "Deluxe Edition" of Fates)
Fire Emblem Virtual Console on Switch

I'm not that interested in the smartphone game, but I think this might be the first true core experience from Nintendo on smartphones. Fits the devices perfectly, as well.

-FE mobile

I think this is the absolute most we should expect. Warriors and mobile on their own could get lengthy segments, since we know nothing about them. A tease about the new entry being in development for Switch seems fair game, though.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
It would be typical Nintendo to tease a Switch FE not even a week after their big Tokyo Switch blowout.

DJIzana

ppl still talk about that lol revelations port from that website template mistake? hah

Never realized it was a mistake. Maaaybe, hopefully, we'll get a Switch game announcement then? I feel that would have been shown during the Switch presentation though... if we were to get one.

wrowa

-FE mobile

It'd be rather bizarre if they had a teaser for a proper new FE ready, but decided against showing it at the Switch event.

Well, except if it isn't a Switch game, I guess.

They could still say "the next mainline Fire Emblem games will be on Switch" without showing anything. Remember how Smash 4 was announced?

L95

Never realized it was a mistake. Maaaybe, hopefully, we'll get a Switch game announcement then? I feel that would have been shown during the Switch presentation though... if we were to get one.

I agree, if FE15 were ready to be teased I feel like that would have been in the stream announcement with Warriors being announced in the direct.

Though I guess they could say "it exists" and nothing else... but eh.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I agree, if FE15 were ready to be teased I feel like that would have been in the stream announcement with Warriors being announced in the direct.

Its Nintendo. Shrug.

Warriors is likely coming this year. FE Next is likely mid-to-late 2018 at best.

somehow I kinda wish fe15 is genealogy+thracia remake... but eh low chance of it happening
it's bizarre that sites posted that hours after the original gaf thread got locked and didn't update with (I guess) the debunk proof

edit: bleh bottom page

It's possible they could consider giving the series its own direct as a bigger deal than just announcing it in a presentation about Switch and its games, but who knows really.

Top Bottom