• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

I for one is looking forward to the new meta of wtf that is going to be. These new seals should shake things up drastically.

Rein/BLyn meta was getting tiresome. Sure I didn't have any problems dealing with it but the problem was seeing it all the time.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What's stopping me from Reining everyone but the seal guy and cleaning up with whatever? I get offense is easier?

Sciel

What's stopping me from Reining everyone but the seal guy and cleaning up with whatever? I get offense is easier?
idk, it balances the meta a little bit but all the cheers that the rein-lyn meta is over seem a bit premature.

If anything we will probably see the seal used on DC+Vantage armor builds? I'm expecting very disgusting Hectors/BKs soon. Actually more interested in the Hardy Bearing 3 seal lol.

spiritfox

I think the bigger effect might be on Desperation mages. A lot of them require the 2 hits to kill. With the damage reduction they'll now be open to retaliation.

Shinypogs

My Soren won't appreciate this as desperation is Important to him but it just means a little extra work for kills.

Does quick riposte get lowered by urvan or is it considered a counter and not an attack? I only recently got it on my Brave Ike and haven't dualed another yet to observe.

If so that means the melee deflect on other units us gonna be super annoying since B!is all about enemy phase and seeing an aether get reduced by 80% would suck

OVDRobo

It might not eliminate them outright but having more ways to counter some of the more prolific strategies is always welcome, particularly when there's Arena Assault to consider.

Now all we need is something to hard-counter Firesweep weapons.

Tripon

Datamined images.

DLquaxLUMAAEm-N.png

Chapter 14 with Alphonse
https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/status/917237359975981056

DLqt1OdUEAA5JOT.png

Bound battle with Minvera and Maria.

https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/status/917236677428486144

DLqtXDHU8AESJpm.png

Sacred coins are used to upgrade seals. You can upgrade seals to their 3rd level/gold level.
This is pretty much how the team allowing you to fix your banes, or boot your attack/defense. I suspect you'll see a lot of players going for +3 defense on already bulky units like Xander and Brave Ike.
https://twitter.com/FEHeroes_News/status/917236313106948096

Sterok

New Squad Assault. After the breeze of last round, this was a bit trickier to handle.

*Map 1: Nowi/Julia/Anna/Luke. Just get someone who can reliably tank and eliminate Caeda. The rest fall easily.
*Map 2: Lucina/Sharena/Cordelia/Summer Tiki. Tiki needs precise positioning to lure Roderick without being killed by Katarina. Even with her Brave Axe+, she needs Lucina's Spur Attack to kill Roderick. Everyone needs good positioning to avoid Katarina. From there it's a mop up, though Lucina + Cordelia can barely kill the archer without any damage to spare.
*Map 3: Amelia/Black Knight/Effie/Olivia. Poison Dagger means it's time for Armor Emblem. Pretty simple to select the right counter, with Olivia as filler. Have to make sure she isn't cornered though.
*Map 4: Hector/Celica/Nephenee/Performance Inigo. Annoying. Corrin is hard to kill, so Hector was a necessity. Otherwise she'll get caught in a Reposition loop with the other flier. Who is stupidly bulky on the Res side. Elise is really fast, so she's annoying as well. Thank goodness raven Inigo trivializes the archer.
*Map 5: Xander/Cecilia/Reinhardt/Azura. Horse Emblem still got it. Pretty easy for them to just run around murdering everyone.

explodet

My friend has gotten a whopping eight 5* from this banner with about 130 orbs, but only two have been focus units.
They were about ready to uninstall the game when the second P.Azura showed up instead of Inigo.

Sushen

Genealogy banner will be the first real test of will before the Halloween banner. I'll skip it unless there is a must have.

Sciel

Team 1: Takumi, Roderick, P.Azura, Marth (lol).

Azura tanks Summer Caeda and its straightforward from there.

Team 2: Nino, Azura, Ephraim (with TA+ Reposition), B.Roy (Reposition).
Position Nino so she is on the left square in aggro range of roderick. Azura should be positioned above her. Ephraim and Brave Roy should be behind the middle wall. As long as she doesn't get doubled, roderick will bring Nino down to low HP but won't kill her. Attack Roderick with Ephraim then Dance him using Azura (bring her behind the wall), kill Roderick with Nino. Now bring Ephraim one tile in front to block Katarina. Straightforward from here. You can use any horse unit that is able to survive a hit/not get doubled by the archer.

Team 3: I used Black Knight (default skills), Amelia, B.Lucina + Olivia.

Pretty straightforward. You don't really need B.Lucina, I just used her for buffs for quicker kills. Amelia is used for Armor March.

EDIT

Team 4: Tana, Julia (Reposition+ Green TomeBreaker) + Cecilia (Gronnraven+) + Fae (TA)

Fae initiates and tanks summer corrin. Kill the Archer/Green Tome User using your own units. The Archer should die to initiation to Cecilia and then you can reposition her with Julia, next turn Julia can kill Summer Elise.

If Summer Corrin + Red Flier are caught in a reposition loop, simply move Fae to any square thats out of range of the red sword user but in range of summer corrin.

Team 5: Reinhardt, Brave Lyn, Adult Tiki, Ninian.
I still have the two meta units left, how do you think this went?

Ninferno

There's now a quest (scroll icon) indicator for maps that are required for quests, for example the monthly quest involving chapter 2, 5, 8 clears. Oh, and there's a "Go" button in the quest list too. Neat.

Using Sacred Coins to upgrade seals is exactly what I expected; hopefully it won't cost hundreds to upgrade to lv3. lol

Anyway, look forward to a new "update 1.8 celebration" log-in orb series later after the reset. It has to be the case, right?

45 coins for this round of the voting gauntlet. A full week for half that doesn't seem that worth headache. We'll be getting coins in TT too

OVDRobo

Well, blew out my coins on getting Deflect Magic and Deflect Melee.

These things are expensive

Did the same. Wouldn't be very interesting or fair if everyone who has been playing any moderate amount of time could get all the seals and a number of upgrades instantly.

I'm fine with the rate of coins. Makes getting upgrades more meaningful and there's no way for people to pay to increase the rate they earn them.

I really love that the powercreep in this game is mostly coming from sources other than unit stats. Sure, base stats have been slowly increasing but it's still viable to use a lot of units from release with inheritance, support and seals - something you can't say for many other gacha.

Sciel

Upgraded Distant Defense and prob gonna buy Deflect Magic.

Hardy Bearing doesn't seem to change after level 2. It ignores hp requirement at level 3 though.

Spoit

Well that was embarrassing. An olvia wiped my whole team.

Anyone going fae? I need an OP friend to autobattle through this. 5488 582 229

Kettch

Picked up my second Brave Ike and a Shigure today, I'll happily take that for my 4% pity rate.

Who do you guys think is the best target for Steady Breath? Black Knight?

Only missing Indigo now. Already have 2 Azura, so hopefully I don't get more. :/

_Legacy_

Dammit, I'm stuck in a loop. Game is telling me to update and takes me to the app store but FE is not appearing in the update section. Weird.

ChrisD

Dammit, I'm stuck in a loop. Game is telling me to update and takes me to the app store but FE is not appearing in the update section. Weird.

I had this problem. Delete the app and re-download it. That downloaded the latest version. Just got to re-link your Nintendo Account afterwards.

redcrayon

The seal I've been levelling up is distant defence- having def/res+6 (depending on which is applicable each battle) opens up a lot of options for heavy counters on units with already high def/res and distant counter. I can see my Xander, Hector and Titania swapping it around a lot.

Sciel

The seal I've been levelling up is distant defence- having def/res+6 (depending on which is applicable each battle) opens up a lot of options for heavy counters on units with already high def/res and distant counter. I can see my Xander, Hector and Titania swapping it around a lot.
I'm contemplating leveling it up to max, but that means having less seals to play around with for a few weeks.

Top Bottom