• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weebos

Banned
Had enough randoms lying around to make a decent Zephiel. Death Blow 2, Threaten Attack 3, and Swap. He seems solid, and I need another good red.

Scum

It's great that all the heroes you can battle for and receive are Neutral. Imagine if they came with random IVs....

Roman

In what world? This guy naturally beats SI Lucina, Hector, and only loses to units that every other armor unit is going to have issues with anyways. Draug has lower stats in everything except Speed. Except his base speed is 32. You know what you are doubling with 32 speed? Nothing. You know what you are stopping from doubling you? Still less things than Wary Fighter.

As far as SI goes, pull Life and Death off of him and slap on Distant Counter and Threaten Attack? He beats Linde. He beats a good SI Linde even. Unit is nuts.

In this world. Outside of Armor Emblem, Zephiel isn't even up for debate, because Hector and Effie exist. As I've pointed out, Xander can do the role you are describing better and doesn't even require a Hector sacrifice.

Inside Armor Emblem, Draug is an amazing unit who benefits greatly from Spur and Hone Armor. His speed reaches 42 with these buffs. Outside of Zephiel he also currently has the highest Def stat in the game at 39. He doesn't even need Wary Fighter whatsoever because he doubles you. Add Wo Dao or even Killing Edge and Bonfire and his matchups are frankly astonishing.

Armor Emblem has been my dream for at least a month and I have done extensive calculations. Zephiel is useless for this.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
4752 deathless run. I think this is about as far as this team goes without either getting lucky with match ups or merging units.

I pulled on the new banner and got a +spd -res Hana. Wonder what I can do with her.

TA3 would have to come from my Roy! He's been with me so long. He is falling out of usefulness lately though.

I wonder if I can just cover her Res bane for now with Res 3 and put Quick Riposte on her. Falchion units haven't been as prevalent lately and I have Bunnicina to cover that weakness. With fortify dragons and Quick Riposte she can still take a hit and even kill a few green melee, and boosting Res can help her in trading with other dragons and blue mages.
Don't kill Roy. :( I don't think it's worth it for Nowi, especially if you have other answers to Falchions.

My Nowi runs Fury + QR2 + Reciprocal Aid. I didn't have spare triangle adepts to pass out, and Fury is good in general and also helps the blue vs blue matchup. I figured being able to beat Falchions is not a priority because I have other units for that.

Nowi can beat some Lucinas if she initiates and is buffed, anyway. Lucina just has very little res. She can certainly beat Lucina on attack if she is positioned to hit Lucina with Threaten Res.

Weebos

Banned
Struggling to get a good arena team going this week. I don't have any 5 star bonus units, so I've been swapping around the 40 4*s I do have looking for a decent fit. Started with Sharena, but she wasn't really pulling her weight, I moved onto Cecilia and she is more successful, but still not excellent.

4752 deathless run. I think this is about as far as this team goes without either getting lucky with match ups or merging units.

I pulled on the new banner and got a +spd -res Hana. Wonder what I can do with her.

Don't kill Roy. :( I don't think it's worth it for Nowi, especially if you have other answers to Falchions.

My Nowi runs Fury + QR2 + Reciprocal Aid. I didn't have spare triangle adepts to pass out, and Fury is good in general and also helps the blue vs blue matchup. I figured being able to beat Falchions is not a priority because I have other units for that.

Nowi can beat some Lucinas if she initiates and is buffed, anyway. Lucina just has very little res. She can certainly beat Lucina on attack if she is positioned to hit Lucina with Threaten Res.

I'm not. Sounds lame for an A slot but I am going to go cheap and put Res3 on her to make her more viable against mages. I could put Fury 2 on her but I just don't like the loss of health.

kewlmyc

Will never get this lucky again. Still hoping for a Cain or Abel since I need their abilities for Azura and my new neutral Nowi. Might sacrifice the +Def -Res Nowi to give my Tiki Lighting Breath.

QV1lIno.png

Firemind

In this world. Outside of Armor Emblem, Zephiel isn't even up for debate, because Hector and Effie exist.
Zephiel has higher stats than both besides attack and speed. Armads is nice, but with a type disadvantage it doesn't really do that much. Being green is more a liability than a boon in my opinion. Most blue units besides Nowi are weak or exploitable. Effie is weak to Nino and Julia. Eckesachs debuff is also pretty nice.

Scum

Will never get this lucky again. Still hoping for a Cain or Abel since I need their abilities for Azura and my new neutral Nowi. Might sacrifice the +Def -Res Nowi to give my Tiki Lighting Breath.

This is just disgusting!
Congrats!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'm not. Sounds lame for an A slot but I am going to go cheap and put Res3 on her to make her more viable against mages. I could put Fury 2 on her but I just don't like the loss of health.
Res3 might work too, yeah. I think Nowi wins against red mages easily, but is dicey against both Linde and Reinhardt. I think Fury 3 Nowi beats vanilla Linde, but it's too close for comfort. I've put her against Linde before and she sometimes barely dies due to buffs and/or SI on the Linde.

Fury 3 does really hurt. I almost feel like Fury 2 is the sweet spot where it benefits the unit quite a lot without DoTing it too badly. I have Fury 3 on two of my three main units, and it does burn them down real fast. Sometimes I Reciprocal Aid someone just to counter the Fury burndown. Thankfully, most matches end before I run out of HP to burn.

Nowi *can* counter and kill Takumi with QR2, but I use MRobin for that most of the time because he won't burn himself with Fury. I save my Fury units for the meatier stuff that MRobin can't handle.

Zephiel has higher stats than both besides attack and speed. Armads is nice, but with a type disadvantage it doesn't really do that much. Being green is more a liability than a boon in my opinion. Most blue units besides Nowi are weak or exploitable. Effie is weak to Nino and Julia. Eckesachs debuff is also pretty nice.

Hector has Quick Riposte through Armads (much more useful than threaten Def in Eckesachs) as well as distant counter in his A slot. Zephiel also only has one more def than Hector and that's assuming he's neutral Def. Effie is a significantly better offensive tank than Zephiel thanks to having Death Blow and Wary Fighter out of the box, while not sacrificing that much in def and HP. Sure Zephiel has Wary fighter as well but he also has Life and Death which is detrimental to his stats.

Those factors by themselves make Effie and Hector much better than Zephiel. You could argue that he's still a decent unit but he comes nowhere close to Effie and Hector's level.

Edit: should also point out as Roman stated, Xander can do what you were trying to argue with Zephiel, and doesn't even require gutting a perfectly good Hector in the process.

sense

Lol just saw your post and figured I will roll my 40 orbs for a Reinhardt or Hana and got 5* Abel and Peri. Now to see how good Abel is even though I am overflowing with blue units as I already have nowi, ephraim, catria and now Abel and peri.

Firemind

Xander is blue. I'm saying Zephiel is less risky to run as a tank because he's red which has a lot of neutral matchups. Comparing him to Hector and Effie does him injustice.

StAidan

This GHB was much easier than the last one for me, but my roster was much better suited to it. I died the first time from a slip of the finger, but succeeded on the second attempt with a team of Tharja, Bunnicina, Hector, and Ninian. Took very little damage, too, but had to leave Ninian to tank a blue mage hit early in the round.

Regarding this banner, it's temping to pull for a Nowi since I've never had one. But I already have a +atk Reinhardt to work on, along with a quite good +atk Hana, so I might just keep waiting.

Res3 might work too, yeah. I think Nowi wins against red mages easily, but is dicey against both Linde and Reinhardt. I think Fury 3 Nowi beats vanilla Linde, but it's too close for comfort. I've put her against Linde before and she sometimes barely dies due to buffs and/or SI on the Linde.

Fury 3 does really hurt. I almost feel like Fury 2 is the sweet spot where it benefits the unit quite a lot without DoTing it too badly. I have Fury 3 on two of my three main units, and it does burn them down real fast. Sometimes I Reciprocal Aid someone just to counter the Fury burndown. Thankfully, most matches end before I run out of HP to burn.

Nowi *can* counter and kill Takumi with QR2, but I use MRobin for that most of the time because he won't burn himself with Fury. I save my Fury units for the meatier stuff that MRobin can't handle.

Huh, just ran Fury 2 with qr2 through the calculator and it generates more wins than using Res 3. I do have ardent sacrifice on Bunnicina to offset the loss of health somewhat.....🤔

Mupod

I should be okay to give Linde a Blarblade and still have feathers at least by the time Xander is a bonus unit, assuming I don't find something else with my slowly growing orb pile (I plan to burn everything on red). Celica might end up being a ranged counter red, and the lobster god may bless me with a Ryoma. But I want a backup plan because the Ninian banner taught me a harsh lesson about planning a team around RNG.

But yeah, Blarblade is costly but I think it'll be worth it. Even though my last 3 arena matches were easy, and I have 70-ish crests, this shit is too stressful and I need an ace in the hole. Hard to run more than 2 buffs on my team though. Maybe I can sneak something onto Lucina, she's creeping back up in SP again.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I wanted Lukas, got Clair instead in the pull. What team are you running? I'm struggling to get Alm involved in my games, unless there is a Hector. I run Nino, Effie, Azura and Alm.

I'm using Lukas, Nowi, Hector and Julia. Sometimes it's just easier to make the bonus unit a buff bot/Healer if it can't really have a role. That's what I did with Chrom last time and I loved him.

I think triangle adept is best in the A slot if you can afford it. It completely neutralizes the red class, and Nowi shouldn't be going near green units anyway.

I think being red is a far bigger liability than being a green by quite a bit. My matches have a ton of blue units these days, so much so that I sometimes run 3 green units.

Sushen

Congrats. I'm tempted to pull for Nowi or additional Reinhardt, but with my luck, I'll end up with Hana.

Ninferno

Dammit guys. What kind of insane luck are those? No, those pulls didn't happen. Two Nowis and a Lucina in a single pull? Totally did not happen. You can't trick me into wasting orbs just to get even more Gwendolyns and Oboros. You just can't. I have to hold on to my orbs; Celica... awaits...me....

commish

Dammit guys. What kind of insane luck are those? No, those pulls didn't happen. Two Nowis and a Lucina in a single pull? Totally did not happen. You can't trick me into wasting orbs just to get even more Gwendolyns and Oboros. You just can't. I have to hold on to my orbs; Celica... awaits...me....

I think this is one of the stronger banners we've had, as both Nowi and the Rein are great units.

Rodin

Xander is blue.

You didn't play Fates? Siegfried is a sacred sword. He's only blue with that carrot thing in the spring festival version, which was an extremely bullshit way of introducing a major character (not to mention, possibly the strongest one in the latest main game).

I think this is one of the stronger banners we've had, as both Nowi and the Rein are great units.

This banner is really good for blue orbs. Reinhardt is crazy. He has moved up to s tier in some Japanese sites. Nowi with skill inheritance has been considered to be S tier as well.

Theosmeo

Ninferno, mate. Cheers for waking me up. I have Eirika with Moonbow and Ninian with Luna. I was racking my brains as to why I could inherit Luna from Ninian but Ninian couldn't inherit Moonbow from Eirika. I've only just noticed that I do indeed have Moonbow for Ninian, I'm just 99SP away from learning it.

I'll hand in my Fire Emblem badges on my way out. #Embarassed

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

But the badges are practically useless lol

commish

So. What's everyone giving to their Nowi? Quick Reposte, Triangle Adept & Threaten Res, right?

I have TA3, QR2 and hone speed (but use whatever you want for that third).

Pulled a +DEF -HP Nowi, that's not great but also not bad right?

I would be totally fine with that.

This banner is really good for blue orbs. Reinhardt is crazy. He has moved up to s tier in some Japanese sites. Nowi with skill inheritance has been considered to be S tier as well.

Well I've been saying that I think Nowi is the best unit in the game :) I'd love to have a Rein but I'm out of gems. Maybe I can get 5 more before the banner leaves and pray to RNG.

Mupod

They'll have to put in a use for badges eventually, but I feel by the time they get around to it people will have truly absurd amounts. I already have enough that even if I never got another one, I could play this game for 10 years without running out.

So they'll need to make whatever badge sink require hundreds or thousands of them, which will be shit for new players. I always hate that kind of thing in online games/mmos. I remember Marvel Heroes being real bad for it, where something would drop too much, then they'd add in a hugely expensive sink for said item, then nerf the drop rate to nothing as an over-correction.

Weebos

Banned
I pulled a 4* Seliph awhile ago, but I thought the nature was trash. Randomly looked up some builds today and it turns out +DEF/-SPD is a solid nature for a tank build.

Mupod

I pulled a 4* Seliph awhile ago, but I thought the nature was trash. Randomly looked up some builds today and it turns out +DEF/-SPD is a solid nature for a tank build.

I used to think of -SPD as the kiss of death but there are a lot more heroes now whose speed simply can't be fixed. Arena is dragon ball z now and if you're not 44+ speed with buffs then you're not doubling shit. So giving up on speed entirely in favor of a brave weapon, breaker skill, or quick riposte makes sense. I've got a +atk -spd Lilina I might be able to do something with someday.

Bovine

Neo Member
I'd be a bit tempted by Reinhardt and Nowi, but I have too many decent 5* blues as is (Effie, Olwen, MRobin, Bunnicina) that I believe they would be lost in the shuffle. I'm saving for Celica and the summer units.

_Legacy_

What skills are people running on Nowi?

I'm keeping her C, Threaten Res. I'm thinking of Wary Fighter for B and TAdept for A and Moonbow special, maybe swap Rally Def for Reposition as well.

evangd007

Put in about 100 orbs to the banner, pulling only blues, and 1 white if no blues.

Notable pickups: Kagero, 4* Nowi, MRobin, Odin
5* pickups: Nowi (+atk/-def), Reinhardt (+hp/-atk)

I wanted to do horse emblem, but that Rein IV... why...

What skills are people running on Nowi?

I'm keeping her C, Threaten Res. I'm thinking of Wary Fighter for B and TAdept for A and Moonbow special, maybe swap Rally Def for Reposition as well.

Wary Fighter is armor only, so can't do that. Offensive build: TA and QR. Defensive build: Fury and Vantage. Do whichever you need/can afford/goes with your IV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom