• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Honestly, Nino is obliterating everything even without buffs. Fast enough to one round most threats I need her to kill, hits reds decently hard, and can tank one non-red hit if I need her too. She might be my best investment, even more than Male Robin.

Mupod

My 5* Cordelia served me really well since launch, but I found out she was -Atk and then I started building around Nino. Lately I've pondered sacrificing her to Ninian for Triangle Adept 3.

yeah this one is +atk -spd. I have other things to promote but I won't be feeding her to anyone any time soon.

2/15 on flying units 10th stratum and I don't even have everyone at 40 yet. I may stick with Narcian after all, with Cordelia and Subaki. I'll abuse their triangle advantage weapons and abilities while having Caeda buff everybody. I'll just avoid green units.

Turn in your membership card on your way out.

he already lost a unit and should've surrendered anyway

1C1JhDq.png

Mupod

Jesus christ. Fuck 10th Stratum Azama and his stupid god damn face. 39 defense and threaten attack meant none of my units aside from Cordelia could damage him, and when she was debuffed she would do 0 damage even with Astra. So I had to trap him in a corner and swap Caeda and Cordelia every turn in order for Cordelia to avoid the threaten attack debuff. It took like 40 fucking turns. The things I do for 3 orbs...

2uKmCGq.jpg

Sushen

It's a matter of buffing her as much as possible with as many different stats as possible. Eirika is the textbook example because she comes built in with an attack and a speed buff, and it's trivial to give her Rally Defense from Oboro or Rally Resistance from Cecilia. That's three of four from one character, which is hard to get.

But technically you just need to surround Nino with characters that can give her those buffs. If one of them is a dancer, all the better.
You mean all these types of buffs stack on top of each other? Spd+Atk+Def all at once? I thought only one gets applied at a time.

alcheim

Darn it... put in a total of 80 orbs during the past 2 weeks or so trying to get a Sanaki/ Ryoma/Leo (or any 5* red). The drop rate was already around 8% or so.

Did a single pull after accumulating 5 orbs, and ended up with 4 blues, and 1 colorless... ended up getting a dupe Ninian with +atk/-spd IV --Drop rates back to 3% :(

I think the game has gained sentience, and is actively trying to troll me.

Darn it... put in a total of 80 orbs during the past 2 weeks or so trying to get a Sanaki/ Ryoma/Leo (or any 5* red). The drop rate was already around 8% or so.

Did a single pull after accumulating 5 orbs, and ended up with 4 blues, and 1 colorless... ended up getting a dupe Ninian with +atk/-spd IV --Drop rates back to 3% :(

I think the game has gained sentience, and is actively trying to troll me.

Nah true trolling is giving only 3* chars that give an animation. And its all 5 slots.

Cerium

You mean all these types of buffs stack on top of each other? Spd+Atk+Def all at once? I thought only one gets applied at a time.

One of each type will stack, not multiples of each type. Unless we're talking combat buffs but those are different.

And every one of those buffs gets converted to pure damage on Nino's Gronnblade+. Attack counts double.

From buffs alone my Nino gets 17 additional attack for a total of 66. Fury will bring it to 69. I then rely on her to vaporize almost anything, with Ninian providing dances.

That's what it means to build a team around Nino.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I wonder when other characters will get weapons like Gronnblade. It isn't a unique weapon or anything, even if only Nino has it at the moment.

Cerium

I wonder when other characters will get weapons like Gronnblade. It isn't a unique weapon or anything, even if only Nino has it at the moment.

Tharja has one too. Nino also just happens to be very fast, so with the right nature and skills she can double pretty much anything.

Ursula has 29 base Atk
  • Blarblade+ (+13~37 Atk)
  • Hone Cavalry (+6 Atk)
  • Death Blow (+6 Atk)

Which adds up to 78. This isn't even including Goad Cavalry (+4 Atk), the fact that she'll double a good chunk of the cast with her 38 (42 with Goad Cavalry) Spd, and her Threaten Res 3.

Vena

Ursula has 29 base Atk
  • Blarblade+ (+13~37 Atk)
  • Hone Cavalry (+6 Atk)
  • Death Blow (+6 Atk)

Which adds up to 78. This isn't even including Goad Cavalry (+4 Atk), the fact that she'll double a good chunk of the cast with her 38 (42 with Goad Cavalry) Spd, and her Threaten Res 3.

Yes yes we know about Horse Emblem, but not many people have the components to maximize it yet.

Time to use FRobin!

NawtKool

Neo Member
Not just the orbs from that preview event, but also orbs from a new quest chain?
Time to pull again!
And fail to get Ninian

chrono01

Man, are we EVER getting the voting banner? I've been waiting since launch to pull on that one specifically and I'm nearing 300 orbs. It's getting difficult to wait, but I want to go "all-in" on a banner I really want to increase the odds of getting a 5* as much as I can (since I know I'll have terrible luck).

Have they mentioned the banner at all? I'm starting to think it'll never come. :/

ggx2ac

Yes! 10 stamina potions.

I'll get to finish the stupid tenth stratum quests today and work on those new lunatic quests.

Cerium

My Nino now has Moonbow.

I'm debating whether to give Nino or Ninian the first Fury. Nino will probably get more mileage out of it, but Ninian has more immediately disposable SP right now. Might take a while for Nino to actually learn Fury 3.

edit: Put Fury on Ninian, immediately got a 4430 Arena run without breaking a sweat. The stat boost definitely helps the Arena score, and Ninian was particularly useful against Ryouma. Nino completely disintegrates everything with Moonbow.

alcheim

Lol at the Takumi who spammed Ardent Sacrifice to trigger Vantage 3. He shot first, but left my Niles with a lot of HP. Niles proceeded to take him out in one shot.

ggx2ac

I lost to a Vantage Hector, it was ridiculous. I just need 9 more SP and I can give Triangle Adept to my Eirika to deal with that.

Also, when I decided to replace Eldigan with Ninian for my Defense team, I was laughing when I checked my defense wins.

I remember having 3 wins with Eldigan in there on the first day of the season, I check now and I see 10 defense wins in total with 272 points as the minimum.

PK Gaming

Get me out of Effie hell

Getting another 5 * is nice, but I really just want Ninian. I wasted too many orbs on her as is...

Cerium

A case study in why my Nino kicks ass.

screenshot_20170323-0cozsw.png

This Hector right here would normally kill my Nino on the counter. In some situations this can be a big problem! With my build, however, he's dead twice over.

screenshot_20170323-0rwyfh.png

If the bonus Moonbow damage didn't one shot him (it did) then Desperation would have taken over and I would get my double in before he could counter.

Result: Hector, Extra Crispy, and a perfect Arena run.

Sölf

5k feathers! I upgraded my Nino now, pushed her to level 29 using crystals and she is now level 32. Sadly, she is +HP/-DEF, but eh.

That aside, I got my first perfect arena run, but only 4458 points. My team doesn't have that many points (Young Tiki, Ninian, Kagero, Julia), but it works suprisingly well. I also use the same team for defense at the moment, at least that got me 1 win so far, which is more than I got last season... xD

Also, I am at 9/15 cavalry quest. I won't use stamina potions I think, since I won't be able to do the flier and armored one anyway. I am also nearly done with the lunatic quests, only the last 3 remain, but eh. It really gets ugly now, I especially dread 9-5. I think the other 2 are somewhat possible, but 9-5 will be hell.

With all those orbs I am now back at 59 orbs. The next good banner can come, I am prepared!

Cerium

Just realized that Wings of Mercy would be the absolute ideal B move to give to my Eirika so that she can warp to Nino for buffs.

Unfortunately my Palla had to be sacked for her Moonbow and I don't have a Cain.

Need a Cain.

ggx2ac

All my stamina potions used up.

All I have left is 6 more wins for armoured tenth stratum.

The 9-5 lunatic quest isn't hard at all when you are used to how the AI is, it's easy to exploit it. If it's still hard, inherit some skills to give an advantage.

Mupod

can you use a light's blessing to cheese the orb quests?

I don't think I'll have much trouble but my best dagger and bow users are level 2. I've given up opening colorless orbs because I just get Wrys.

Not one 5 star from this banner smh

Not gonna pull again until Ike

I should have stopped on this one a long time ago...well over 100 at this point with nothing. And I mean nothing, I've got lots of feathers so I'd be happy a good 4*, but the best thing I found was +atk -hp Subaki. I'm considering cutting my losses and focusing on the Minerva one while it's up, but I'm over 4% appearance rate.

Ninferno

can you use a light's blessing to cheese the orb quests?

Yes, you can. That's exactly what I want to mention just now. Any quest with "All four must survive" can be done with Light's Blessing, this includes both the training tower quests and main story mission quests. I'll say whenever you are frustrated with any of this, use a light's blessing bring yourself back to sane level. Believe me, it's worth it:)

It's really just the Hero Battles that you can't use light's blessing.

MiTYH

Did some summonings today, got Young Tiki 5-star! That was fun

Any ideas on what to give her for skill inheritance?

woopWOOP

Screenshot_2017_03_23_12_20_11.png

You know, I felt kind of special scoring a Corrin (F) early on at first...
Atleast I have a bunch more seal resistances to pass out now.

I also got a SPD+/DEF- Ninian in another batch so I'm pretty much done with this banner for now.
(When's Ike?!)

Ninferno

Decision time: with 5000 free feathers in, I'm at 20K again and can now promote a +Def –Spd 4* Effie I pulled a few days back (was chasing Ninian but got this instead. Not complaining). However, I've also pulled a 4* Eirika after I gave up on solely chasing Ninian and started opening red orbs as well...

I have been running a Nino-buff team since weeks ago and have adapted to that particular play style (still don't have any dancer except the two free Olivias though). My offense team has always been Math, Nowi, Nino and an arena bonus deadweight. I wanted an Eirika but didn't get one so after the SI update I've snapped Fury 3 and buffing skills on Marth. Should this 4* Eirika come earlier I would have promoted her and given her all the goodies, but I'm now a bit too invested in Marth.

So, I'm now thinking about the unthinkable, promote Effie and go all BST crazy with her replacing Nino, my previous MVP who has already inherited Darting Blow 3 and Moonbow. Is this a wise choice? I will need to change my play style a lot to use a full melee team and I bet I will have a much tougher time with team positioning. Also, BST is going to matter a lot less when the April update comes, but again, Effie is a great unit in its own right.

Damn. NEED.TO.MAKE.A.DECISION.NOW

I should have stopped on this one a long time ago...well over 100 at this point with nothing. And I mean nothing, I've got lots of feathers so I'd be happy a good 4*, but the best thing I found was +atk -hp Subaki. I'm considering cutting my losses and focusing on the Minerva one while it's up, but I'm over 4% appearance rate.

Yeesh. I sniped some more blues because the itch was too strong with all those orbs. Still nothing

I'm tossing up upgrading Anna to 5* since my green pool is still awful this deep into the game but she's melee and mages just seem better 99% of the time. Only green mage I've pulled is Cecelia (awful IV ones at that). Not even freaking Merric!

Cerium

Decision time: with 5000 free feathers in, I’m at 20K again and can now promote a +Def –Spd 4* Effie I pulled a few days back (was chasing Ninian but got this instead. Not complaining). However, I’ve also pulled a 4* Eirika after I gave up on solely chasing Ninian and started opening red orbs as well…

I have been running a Nino-buff team since weeks ago and have adapted to that particular play style (still don’t have any dancer except the two free Olivias though). My offense team has always been Math, Nowi, Nino and an arena bonus deadweight. I wanted an Eirika but didn’t get one so after the SI update I’ve snapped Fury 3 and buffing skills on Marth. Should this 4* Eirika come earlier I would have promoted her and given her all the goodies, but I’m now a bit too invested in Marth.

So, I’m now thinking about the unthinkable, promote Effie and go all BST crazy with her replacing Nino, my previous MVP who has already inherited Darting Blow 3 and Moonbow. Is this a wise choice? I will need to change my play style a lot to use a full melee team and I bet I will have a much tougher time with team positioning. Also, BST is going to matter a lot less when the April update comes, but again, Effie is a great unit in its own right.

Damn. NEED.TO.MAKE.A.DECISION.NOW
Effie is most effective with Brave Lance+. If you can get that onto her she's worth building around. However it sounds like you're pretty heavily invested in Nino.

A possible yet unconventional solution: It sounds like you've already given Marth the necessary buffing skills. What you could do is promote Eirika to 5* and then transfer Sieglinde to Marth. If he already has Hone and Rally buffs, Sieglinde will give him every advantage with Nino that Eirika has.

kewlmyc

Effie is most effective with Brave Lance+. If you can get that onto her she's worth building around. However it sounds like you're pretty heavily invested in Nino.

A possible yet unconventional solution: It sounds like you've already given Marth the necessary buffing skills. What you could do is promote Eirika to 5* and then transfer Sieglinde to Marth. If he already has Hone and Rally buffs, Sieglinde will give him every advantage with Nino that Eirika has.

Only problem with Effie getting Brave Lance+ is that it takes 750 SP to unlock it. That's a lot of sacrificed 4* Effies or a lot of grinding.

Cerium

Only problem with Effie getting Brave Lance+ is that it takes 750 SP to unlock it. That's a lot of sacrificed 4* Effies or a lot of grinding.

They really do need to address the SP situation. The current system is not going to cut it.

Mupod

Yeesh. I sniped some more blues because the itch was too strong with all those orbs. Still nothing

I'm tossing up upgrading Anna to 5* since my green pool is still awful this deep into the game but she's melee and mages just seem better 99% of the time. Only green mage I've pulled is Cecelia (awful IV ones at that). Not even freaking Merric!

Merric is all I've got, found him while going after Julia a while ago. I'll be upgrading Nino most likely but I wanted to try and pull some greens to see what I found, first.

Merric's godawful attack stat has screwed me over so much. I just had to use a blessing on 9-3 because he was doing 4 damage to Ursula and 0 to the green mage. Stamina's tight right now considering I only have a week or two to clear the 10th stratum 10 more times, Grand Hero Battle coming up, and these new orb quests. Glad I got all my leveling out of the way yesterday.

160 orbs and not one 5 star.

Yeah i think i might done with this game now. That's just insane.

My record is over 200...but I'm around 100 on the current banner and 30 on the previous. It's crazy to think that even if I'd bought $100 of orbs and spent those instead of these free ones, I'd have come out of it with almost nothing but a pile of Subakis, FCorrins and Oboros. Inheritance has made getting 4* units less painful but I wish there was a better safety net.

er, I can't check myself as I do not have Eirika, but I thought unique weapons could not be transferred.

kewlmyc

er, I can't check myself as I do not have Eirika, but I thought unique weapons could not be transferred.

You're correct, but Brave Lance+ isn't a unique weapon. Only weapons with special names (Sieglinde, Binding Blade, Falchion, Sol Katti, Fujin Yumi,etc) are considered unique weapons.

EDIT: Read the thing you were quoting more carefully. Yeah, you can't transfer Sieglinde.

MANUELF

Banned
I pulled thanks to the free orbs and got 5* Catria, too bad she is +SPD -ATK but she is still my first one and I have struggled against her in the past so Im happy I got her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom