• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my highest arena score ever!

JCI2WGHl.jpg

I need to put an A skill on Ephraim to boost up my points but I don't know what's good for him.

fek

With Xander as bonus unit I was able to change my team to get more points and instead of dropping to tier 16 I will actually go up to tier 18. I should probably make him +1 to see if I can get to tier 19 next week.

Tensa

Neo Member
Is anyone else in tier 16 having trouble getting a successful defense? Usually I manage to get at least 1-2 by now but this week I've gotten nothing.

I've tried out a few different teams to see if I can catch anyone out but can't catch a break.

Is anyone else in tier 16 having trouble getting a successful defense? Usually I manage to get at least 1-2 by now but this week I've gotten nothing.

I've tried out a few different teams to see if I can catch anyone out but can't catch a break.

I couldn't do it with the bonus unit, because Shanna is too weak. I swapped her out, and I got 281 from a defender. 500 is better than 0, so I'm just doing what I need to do.

I got 900 Feathers with Zephiel last season. When Sharena comes back one week from now, I think I'll be getting 900 again.

Zafir

I haven't gotten one either this week, though I'm in Tier 15.

I had a underlevelled Xander on my team through quite a bit of it, guess my other units couldn't pick up the slack.

Not too bothered honestly. Sad I'm missing out on some feathers I guess, but I'll live...

Wichu

I'm in tier 16 - I don't have enough points to move up, but I'm not dropping either. I had a single death in the seventh battle, to Flier Emblem (lossless up until then). Green Tomebreaker Spring Camilla + mountain map + no red mage on my team = pain. I can't be bothered to spend crests to have a chance of getting +50ish points, so I'm leaving it at that.

I managed two defenses this week. Their leads were Marth and Tharja - going to assume Robin put in some serious work :D

Mupod

looks like T17 should have around 27,000 people in it next week, if I'm correct. Ranking in the top 50% of that shouldn't be hard for a ~4800 team.

I was going to upgrade my Cecelia to 5 stars but I was thinking about upgrading my +Atk/-HP Nowi instead. I don't have any blue mages so she seems like the next best thing. With triangle adept and quick riposte she melts everything red and barely loses any health. I'd have Sanaki for Falchion users since they generally don't have distant counter and I could easily dispatch them with Swordbreaker.

My horse team can wait until I get Reinhardt I guess. Don't really want to run 2 blade tomes

This seem like a good idea?

Theosmeo

I was going to upgrade my Cecelia to 5 stars but I was thinking about upgrading my +Atk/-HP Nowi instead. I don't have any blue mages so she seems like the next best thing. With triangle adept and quick riposte she melts everything red and barely loses any health. I'd have Sanaki for Falchion users since they generally don't have distant counter and I could easily dispatch them with Swordbreaker.

My horse team can wait until I get Reinhardt I guess. Don't really want to run 2 blade tomes

This seem like a good idea?

Yeah nowi is fantastic

Just came to realize my jeorge I've waste time training is -spd,+ def and thusly is isn't getting my feather, a shame too because I really wanted an Archer.

Oh well guess I can give them to my neutral Corrin, I could use another good blue unit.

Spoit

I personally am just going to go for a 4*+10 cecillia. More for clearing out box space (and because she's poor inherit fodder) than saving feathers

Scum

I personally am just going to go for a 4*+10 cecillia. More for clearing out box space (and because she's poor inherit fodder) than saving feathers

4*+xx seems like a bloody good idea nowadays. Something I've just started doing. There are some 3*/4* characters out there that are good fun to hold onto, like Donnel and Hana. I want to blow things up with my 14+2 4* Hana and it keeps my character barracks from constantly filling up.

WhyMe6

Are arena teams that you verse from your friends list? I got a great defence that put me in the top tier immediately and I've been paying it forward ever since. I've already got my rank done so if you pass over your friend details and I see you in the arena (if that's how it works) I'll purposely lose.

Edit: Hold on, it always asks if I want to send a friend request. Guess it doesn't work like that after all :(

WhyMe6

Speaking of which, for cecila, -hp or -res?

Depends on abilities you want her to use, I guess. But according to the mass duel simulator, with the build I'm using, one extra win comes from -RES with HP seal than -HP with any other seal. I didn't choose a boon as I'm not sure which yours is.

So really it's much of a muchness.

It's what I did. I had 5 of her at 4* so I merged them all and took a crappy IV 3* Nino and threw Gronnblade on her. It is essentially the same as a single 5* at that point and with pony buffs she wrecks.

Spoit

Depends on abilities you want her to use, I guess. But according to the mass duel simulator, with the build I'm using, one extra win comes from -RES with HP seal than -HP with any other seal. I didn't choose a boon as I'm not sure which yours is.

So really it's much of a muchness.

Attack, as a Horse-nino

Sushen

Vortex mode or whatever it's called is better be something that we can repeatedly play. GHB is great but once I beat it and that's it. Even challenges can do so much. Beyond training tower, there is nothing else that I can keep playing when there is nothing else to do. Getting bored.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Vortex mode or whatever it's called is better be something that we can repeatedly play. GHB is great but once I beat it and that's it. Even challenges can do so much. Beyond training tower, there is nothing else that I can keep playing when there is nothing else to do. Getting bored.
Then don't play?

This game isn't meant to be played like the way it sounds like you want it to be played.

spiritfox

I don't know why people are treating this like a full fledged 60-hour game when it's a F2P mobile game. If you want more Fire Emblem go buy Shadows of Valentia.

Theosmeo

Well I'd recommend getting Echoes then, it has the same min maxing/grinding focus of heroes with a pretty good story(or at least well presented).

Edit oh wow everyone came down hard on this guy lol. Chill people he's allowed to want more stuff to do

Sushen

Then don't play?
I'm pretty amazed at many quickly point that I'm wrong for asking for more feature.

I like the game enough to spend hundreds and what's wrong with wanting the game you like to have more features you like? I'm sorry for having an opinion. I just wanted some discussions on this slow day.

Ninferno

Alright, turns out I will indeed barely proceed to join the Tier 18 shit fest after all. Seriously thinking about skipping the arena altogether next week and just sit back and relax. Granted, I got a whole week worth of dueling sword and can certainly cherrypick and only fight 692+ matches but I think even that isn't going to be enough to get promoted to T19.

Sorry to ask but has anyone actually got demoted before? Do you get the reward from the lower tier? I'm hoping it is the case but I can't be sure. It must be weird to receive rewards (albeit less) for doing badly.

I think T17 -> T18 shouldn't be an issue later on as more people moves up; the problem is T18 -> T19, that's what you need to be reliably doing to stay in the 4-orb land.

Don't have a free Fury to SI right now and just noticed that I never gave a A skill to my +SPD Ninian. Any idea of a decent A skills to give her? It's mostly to boost Arena score.

Edit: Also, anyone ever sacrificed a GHB unit for SI? I really want Threaten RES 3 for Celica and I have no Nowi anymore and no plan to pull Blue for a while. We have 3 Ursula, I use one in Horse Emblem for now. Will it really ever make a huge difference if I make her +1 instead of +2? Don't think so but using a GHB character for SI just feels wrong...

Ninferno

Don't have a free Fury to SI right now and just noticed that I never gave a A skill to my +SPD Ninian. Any idea of a decent A skills to give her? It's mostly to boost Arena score.

You can certainly give her TA3 if you got any 4* Roy lying around, especially if she's the only blue you plan to field, makes her much better in handling reds.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm pretty amazed at many quickly point that I'm wrong for asking for more feature.

I like the game enough to spend hundreds and what's wrong with wanting the game you like to have more features you like? I'm sorry for having an opinion. I just wanted some discussions on this slow day.
If you are getting bored now, I hope you're ready to get bored over and over and over again, such is the cycle for mobile games. Vortex is not going to save you and change the direction of the game.

Jims

I think the "problem" is that once everyone has setup, there isn't really a point to grind 4* characters anymore. At least back then, you could finish your GHB and be like, well, I guess I can level up this 4* Catria I just got. There's SP grinding, and finishing more characters, but with feathers the way it is, finishing characters are as staggered as orb pulls. It becomes exponentially more difficult for Nintendo to keep rolling out busywork when everyone already has dozens of Level 40 characters.

That being said, the loss of the 2 daily orbs really hurts the game for me. The roster really stagnates. :(

I think they're just starving us because they're tacitly telling us we should be playing Echoes right now. I know my Heroes playtime has fallen off since then.

Ninferno

In that case, maybe consider things like HP+5 or Def +3 to get a bit more durable? Depending on whether you have more Donnels or Stahls. lol

A few useless MCorrin 4*. Will go with DEF+3 for now, will at least feel like one of my MCorrin will have ever served a purpose. Thanks! Now to decide if I kill a Ursula for Threaten RES 3 for Celica...

Syntsui

I understand your point, but that's not really the point of Gacha games.

Gacha games are gambling softwares designed to look like a franchise people love enough to spend their money on it. It's not designed to be repayable or very dense, they just want your money and will balance things out in a way to keep you interested to keep spending money.

I understand your point, but that's not really the point of Gacha games.

Gacha games are gambling softwares designed to look like a franchise people love enough to spend their money on it. It's not designed to be repayable or very dense, they just want your money and will balance things out in a way to keep you interested to keep spending money.

Lol ain't that the truth

Did they hand out any Blessings of Light this month?

Now that you mention it, I don't think so.

Would you guys use one of the 3 Ursula for Threaten RES 3 on Celica? Could give Threaten RES 2 through Oboro for 2k feathers, same cost as Ursula but Oboro is not as limited. Just don't see myself getting another Nowi soon. Feels weird to not go all in when I already gave her stuff like Life and Death 3...

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
Finally pulled a Tharja, letting me put together a triple nuke team of Tharja, Nino, and Linde with Eirika buffing from the back line. Everyone's got Fury, Desperation, and the movement abilities to advance or retreat as needed, and I can switch one nuke out for whoever the bonus hero is that week.

It feels pretty much unstoppable? Blade tomes are nonsense OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom