• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT|Natural Selection Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You don't. I know multiple top players who run full melee fliers with extreme success - including scoring above 5100 and winning matches within 2-3 turns. In the +0 metagame bulk is significantly lower so this becomes even easier.

Very true, you don't need a mage. In fact, you don't NEED anything for anything in this game. However, all else equal, I would argue that a flier team with a mage is better, i.e., more versatile, than a flier team without a mage.

lt519

I put up a 4762 without much effort and am at 11.6k rank to move up to T19. Do we know what next arena characters are?

Also my horse emblem team didn't get any defenses the last two weeks after completely dominating recently, so finicky.

Mupod

I put up a 4762 without much effort and am at 11.6k rank to move up to T19. Do we know what next arena characters are?

Also my horse emblem team didn't get any defenses the last two weeks after completely dominating recently, so finicky.

I've been looking around and haven't seen anything on bonus characters.

My cavalry team got 6 defenses last season and had 0 until today. Now they have 5, wut.

Defenses in general have been worse for me unless one of my main team is a bonus unit. I've had to settle for half-score defenses a couple times.

commish

I had 0 defenses until about 5 minutes ago. I switched out my horse team for a team with Delthea. I think horses work best on certain maps, else it's too easy to split them up.

Tripon

I got 4788, rank 4687. Also moving up to tier 19. I guess there's a lot of people with identical scores.

lt519

I've been looking around and haven't seen anything on bonus characters.

My cavalry team got 6 defenses last season and had 0 until today. Now they have 5, wut.

Defenses in general have been worse for me unless one of my main team is a bonus unit. I've had to settle for half-score defenses a couple times.

Yeah, I tried a 4* non-SI'd Cecilia for the first week and made my switch to my full Horse Emblem yesterday but I think later in the week == less opportunities? I'm guessing my score was too low with the 4* Cecilia to get matched often.

Also could be the maps like commish said.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Moving to T19 this week too, with something in the high 4700s.

T18 has a whopping 34k people in it this week.

Sushen

4780 here. I'm going down to tier 18 just like for over a month the 18-19 cycle continues.

With my horse team I don't see any matches above 684 making it impossible to go above 4800 without a whole bunch of fishing for higher scores.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am pretty sure House Emblem just isn't viable to getting at the top two tiers, their BSTs are too low, which is still a major part of Arena scores.

Does anyone have a link to the full formula for Arena scores?

I am pretty sure House Emblem just isn't viable to getting at the top two tiers, their BSTs are too low, which is still a major part of Arena scores.

No it isn't, the combined BST penalty of running full horses is the equivalent of running one more infantry mage over melee infantry.

The far more likely culprit is the tendency to slap budget skills everywhere, "Fury 2 is enough", "regular blade tome is enough", "Quick Riposte 2 is enough", no it isn't.

Akuun

Yeah, Horse Emblem is OP at fuck but it isn't great for arena score.

That's why it's so terrifying when you run into one in high tier arena. It's becaues you know every one of those horses in a high-tier arena team is SIed and merged to hell and back.

The far more likely culprit is the tendency to slap budget skills everywhere, "Fury 2 is enough", "regular blade tome is enough", no it isn't.
I'd love to give everything Fury 3 and Blade+ tomes, but there's no way in hell I can afford it. :(

lt519

I was in T20 easy with a full Horse Emblem team when Camus was the bonus character. You do have to cherry pick match-ups in the high end of your score range though (my range was 682-692 and I only took matches 686 or higher). I didn't even have full SI on Titania (Missing A, B, and Special). Could have done Cecilia this period too but didn't want to waste the feathers and SP grind last week when I was in T19. It is staying in T20 that is difficult without heavy merging, which isn't a problem specific to Horse Emblem.

BST isn't as important as having good SI (high SP cost SI too).

Scum

House Emblem? How do I build those?
FFMmr.gif

Mupod

I've fought 692s on my eldigan/cecilia/ursula/camus team. Rare though. And yeah, their SI is fully done.

I pad my score with Hector and an infantry team for the first few matches of my streak. Problem is even that is painful since arena teams above 684 are so obnoxious these days.

mjc

Fighting the urge to use orbs on the summer events to use on the hero banner next week...but I'm also wondering if it's worth holding onto them for that even.

DECISIONS

commish

I have the exact same score.

I've been fine with flip-flopping between 17 and 18.

I know I've said it before, but this is one of the best things they've done with FEH. I like the fact that they did not include a big disparity in pay outs between the top ranks. I don't particularly care if I am in 18, 19, 20, whatever. The difference is so small. Sure, over the period of a year it would make a difference, I guess, but not materially so.

Now, if they started to include things like exclusive seals, I would start to care more and it would really change how people approached the arena.

I know I've said it before, but this is one of the best things they've done with FEH. I like the fact that they did not include a big disparity in pay outs between the top ranks. I don't particularly care if I am in 18, 19, 20, whatever. The difference is so small. Sure, over the period of a year it would make a difference, I guess, but not materially so.

Now, if they started to include things like exclusive seals, I would start to care more and it would really change how people approached the arena.

Totally agree. As long as I'm over 4000 I don't care about anything else. If they started doing big rewards for higher tiers however..... Gonna have to try.

Draxal

MMhmm.

Akuun

Yup. I like how the game is totally playable and competitive even if you don't bust your ass with 5* SIs or merges. There's still whale country in high-end T20 for super whale units, but without whales, you can still be perfectly fine in the T18-low T20 end. And this range is arguably more fun too, since facing a super whale team with a team of four unmerged units gets old real fast.

I got 4721 going back to 18. See if I can make 19 stick next round. No defense wins this time despite trying different strong team makeup every other day. Anyway, arena is fine by me hovering around 18. Still requires good play and team makeup but less likely to suffer getting filtered through baleen.

I used Julia, Hector, Bridal Cordelia, and Sharena on defense for the whole season. I defended 4 times.

I struggled badly on Offense, so I'm going down to tier 18. It's becoming too hard for me to get perfect streaks, and there lots of cramped maps. I just didn't feel like unleashing the dueling crests.

jnWake

I'm reaching Tier 17 now. Been a quick climb since I started playing a few weeks ago, wonder if it'll start getting harder now.

Zafir

Had to use my 4* Cecilia(she's +5 but still a bit lower on BST due to being a mage/horse unit) this week so it meant I only got 4796. Not high enough to get back to Tier 20. :X

Oh well. Not that fussed really.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I got up to tier 18, but am fully expecting to drop down to 17 since I probably don't have any heroes that are competitive enough next season. Don't have time to bring up Summer Corrin or Elise and they both need such expensive mats (the usual L & D 3, Desperation, whatever + custom tomes as well). RIP the dream.

Also I hope Celica and Ryoma are in herofest. I'd like to pick up one of them via luck.

Ended up blowing my last few orbs (plus some Google Play Reward credit) for a final shot at Summer Tiki...nope. Pretty much every orb I got this month went towards that, and all I ended up with was (another) 5* Sheena, 5* Boey, Summer Robin, and a crap ton of Fredericks, Barsts, and Gunters. Oh well. Better luck next banner, I suppose.

What's a good setup for Summer Robin? Mine's neutral. Fury & Vantage seem like good choices, but I dunno.

Ondore

Also I hope Celica and Ryoma are in herofest. I'd like to pick up one of them via luck.

Celica will be in the Tempest Banner that hits at roughly the same time. It looks like the Hero Fest banner, based on the shadows shown in the Feh Channel, are:
Ike, Ninian, Julia and Genny

The Chapter 11-12 10-battle Chain Challenge on hard is kicking my butt. I'd been using a team of Lucina (Falchion medic), Azura, Nino (Desperation/Fury), and Bride Cordelia (Death blow/Desperation). They get me up to the 5th stage just fine, but I can't seem to bait out the mages from their defensive tiles, so they end up getting wiped or I run out of turns. Boey is a real pain in particular.

I've tried different teams to finish off that map, but the next map with Delthea in a fort on the right is hard to initiate an attack on. Sending a blue flyer to the right to bait the red flyer works, but then my units on the left get overrun easily.

My cavalry team (Xander, Reinhardt, Titania or Cecilia, Elise) can finish that and get to stage 9 but I can't get anybody by the upper right part with Sonya and Leon without getting wiped.

Now I'm trying to start with Lucina, Olivia, Nowi, and Nino and they're starting off better but I still need to work on a strategy for getting them through stage 3 (with the 2-2 split).

Any suggestions for a good team that can get through those last few maps?

Alucrid

Banned
Celica will be in the Tempest Banner that hits at roughly the same time. It looks like the Hero Fest banner, based on the shadows shown in the Feh Channel, are:
Ike, Ninian, Julia and Genny

i have none of those units. i also have none of the tempest banner units. i also have none of the nohrian summer units.

shiiiiiiiiiit

Chain Challenges left:
Ch.5&6
Ch.7&8
Ch.10
Ch.9&10
Ch.11
Ch.12
Ch.11&12
Par.5&6
Par.7&8

Can't finish them currently. I guess this is good-bye to Summer Gaius.

EDIT:
Barely beat Ch.3&4 by running around and cheesing Renewal/Reciprocal Aid. They should give you four teams for Lunatic.

Ninferno

There's no officially released or confirmed formula for arena scoring, but multiple sites and individuals have conducted their own research. I think I have read 4 or 5 of them, and while their conclusion might not necessarily be identical in terms of percentages, they do seem to agree on what are important to say the least. Here is one of the example from Game8, one of the Japanese gaming FAQ site.

Below is a brief translation of each item in the table, to get the total score, just sum it all up. Note that these scores are before arena bonus, to get the after bonus score, simply multiply them by two.

BST: 10 BST points = 1 arena point.
Level: 2 levels = 2 points, but everybody is at lv40 anyway.
Rarity: 5* = 20 points, 4* = 15 points, etc.
Merge: 1 merge = 1 point
Skills: No conclusion, but SP cost clearly matters, so legendary weapons > generic weapons, Aether > Luna, etc.
Sacred seals: No conclusion.

chogidogs

I just started and I knew about rerolling at the start to get good heroes. Now I got Marth and Robin. Time to actually start the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom