• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Musou/Warriors announced

Amani

Though I'm gunning for at least Hector and Lyn, I'd like for some of the NES and SNES folks to show up. Sigurd, Alvis, and Alp are the only ones that come to mind. Honestly, I just want any General, Warrior, Sage, and Assassin from the GBA titles. Those battle animations deserve to be in more games man.

4e4931c56c81c788bfa94ac98eb83fdc.gif

Fire_52ab60_5866352.gif

Dreavus

I'm excited for this, although I have a feeling a lot of the fan service will be lost on me compared to Hyrule Warriors (which was half the fun of that game!)

I've played Awakening, "Fire Emblem" on GBA (I think that's actually #7 in the series?) and a bit of Sacred Stones. Other than that, I'm AWARE of Marth and that's about it.

Veedot

What are the chances of me getting Rinkah? I don't play FE games but I like her design and would buy this game if she was playable lol

Draxal

Who are our best chances of magicians? Other than Robin of course.

Micaiah has a pretty high chance. If they go only the DS games and further, I'd say Leo is guaranteed (and still has a decent chance of there are more titles involved).

If you look at Hyrule Warriors which had 29 characters after all its DLC. It ended up with an equal amount of male and female characters, one of the characters was Toon Zelda (Female) with a Knight (male) to even it out. A section of them was "evil/bad" characters. They did add other characters via weapons such as the great fairy. These are the characters I would think are "guaranteed" for this game currently

-Marth (Male)
-Roy (Male)
-Ike (Male)
-Chrom (Male)

-Robin (Male/Female)
-Corrin (Male/Female)

-Lucina (Female)

7Th

What's this talk about Amiibos? Hyrule Warriors didn't get any exclusive Amiibo. At best it will be compatible with the Lucina, Marth, Roy, Ike and Robin Amiibos.

What's this talk about Amiibos? Hyrule Warriors didn't get any exclusive Amiibo. At best it will be compatible with the Lucina, Marth, Roy, Ike and Robin Amiibos.

Hyrule Warriors was released when they were still focusing on the Smash waves. I could see this getting amiibos.

SkyOdin

Who are our best chances of magicians? Other than Robin of course.
We are going to get a wind mage at the very least. Between Merric, Sety, and Soren, the wind mage is a pretty major recurring archetype. Merric is Marth's best friend and the main love interest for Marth's sister. Sety is the most broken character in Fire Emblem history. Soren is one of the leads of the Radiance duology. At least one of them is getting in.

Micaiah is another good candidate, since she is a Lord character and representative for the "mysterious silver-haired girl with special powers" archetype. Linde from 1 and 3 is another candidate, since she is the original user of the Aura spell and is always a good candidate to use the Starlight spell to take down the original evil wizard Gharnef. Dierdre and her daughter Julia from 4 are also candidates for playable Light magic users.

Javier

I stand by my prediction that the base game will be Archanea/Ylisse/Hoshido/Nohr focused with the rest of the universes represented on DLC sidequests.

I'm expecting something like this:

Base Game:

Archanea:
- Marth
- Caeda
- Merric
- Minerva
- Gharnef

Ylisse
- Chrom
- Robin
- Lucina
- Tharja
- Tiki

Hoshido/Nohr:
- Corrin
- Azura
- Ryoma
- Xander
- Hinoka
- Camilla
- Takumi
- Leo
- Sakura
- Elise

Extra
- Anna
- 3 Original characters (An Avatar and two villains)

DLC Packs:

Gaiden Pack:
- Celica
- Alm
- Mycen (I guess? I'm not too familiar with the cast of this game)

Genealogy Gen 1 Pack:
- Sigurd
- Quan
- Arvis

Genealogy Gen 2 Pack:
- Seliph
- Julia
- Julius

Thracia Pack:
- Leif
- Nanna
- Finn

Binding Blade Pack:
- Roy
- Lilina
- Zephiel

Blazing Sword Pack:
- Eliwood
- Hector
- Lyn

Sacred Stones Pack:
- Eirika
- Ephraim
- Lyon

Path of Radiance Pack:
- Ike
- Soren
- Black Knight

Radiant Dawn Pack:
- Micaiah
- Sothe
- Sanaki

I'm probably being too optimistic with the DLC, but considering for how long they supported Hyrule Warriors with extra content between the versions of the game, I can see this lasting a while.

Classes fits fire emblem so much better.

Do we know any more specifically when the Direct is? All I remember from Treehouse was that it's sometime this week.

My vote is for both. Make a bunch of the main characters/lords from various games as unique characters, but also include a lot of the common generic classes with skins for a wide range of characters from throughout the games.

That is, have your Marth, Corrin, Hector, Black Knight, etc. Then also have like a General, Swordmaster, Druid, Berserker, etc etc that can let you use many of your favorite characters.

I think they're more likely to go mostly unique though, even for the less prominent characters. And if I had to pick one way or the other, I'd prefer the smaller roster of more individualized characters anyway.

The more characters the better, I'm easy like that.

Destiny Warriors 8 like. Move set by Class/Weapon. Maybe legendary weapon special moveset. So many possibilities!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
is the small part at the end in-game, in your opinion?
what the 5 gems contain: different Falchion forms (from 5 different games) or 5 different weapons - so warrior classes?

I figure there's two ways they go about this:

A. Focus on Fates/Awakening along with Marth and his buddies
B. Focus on entire series.

I would assume that anyone in Smash is making it in (base game if B, DLC is A). Characters used in Mirage Sessions are also likely (the FE characters, not the original ones). Whichever focus they decide on will determine how deep the roster goes. If they focus on newer guys, characters like Cordelia or Owain could conceivably make it in. If they're going through the whole series they won't. Remember that there was only one big deep cut for Hyrule Warriors (Agatha) while everyone else was a prominent player.

One thing I'd be concerned about is that it's unlikely for them to do Japan-only characters as DLC (or, at least, packs of JUST Japan only characters) as that would presumably hurt their profits in the rest of the world.

I hope the Gaiden remake means Alm and Celica are in :D

It would certainly help their chances, I think.
I did a quick look at the Fire Emblem wiki and the swords they showed in the trailer belong to Chrom, Corrin, Marth, Xander, and Ryoma. Presumably those are all locks (obviously we've already seen Chrom). I assume Lucina and Ike are locks too, with Roy and Robin a bit iffier. I'd like to think Tharja is a lock too based on her popularity and showing up in #FE.

It would certainly help their chances, I think.
I did a quick look at the Fire Emblem wiki and the swords they showed in the trailer belong to Chrom, Corrin, Marth, Xander, and Ryoma. Presumably those are all locks (obviously we've already seen Chrom). I assume Lucina and Ike are locks too, with Roy and Robin a bit iffier. I'd like to think Tharja is a lock too based on her popularity and showing up in #FE.
While Corrin's a 'lock' I'm hoping they include the female one, while the male one has his fans somewhere she's the one selling out merchandise everywhere and I feel she got somewhat shoved aside in smash, so I'm hoping they won't do the same or worse here :p

Fandangox

Witch do you guys prefere?

- Small cast with unique characters.

- Classes base moveset more characters with diferent Skills(specials), however more clones?

I think a good silver lining is that if this becomes very successful (i.e gets a few number of sequels) they could adapt what they already do on their mainline entries. Unique character movesets and generic officer movesets, with the difference being that the generic units are made out of the bulk of the support cast from the various games, maybe with each generic moveset (blades, spears, etc) having some small attributes to set them apart from the named characters, and the real generic faceless officers the game will most likely have.

I'd prefer all movesets available to be unique, but a big part of Fire Emblem is the large supporting cast and their supports, so I also want that to be factored in somehow.

Top Bottom