• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors: local multiplayer, Robin, Lisa & Lucina leaked, permadeath,more

Jesus christ, MORE sword characters!? I mean, I guess it was a given that Lucina would appear, but then why make all the OCs use swords as well? Some of the choices they are making for this game are mind boggling. And Chris's little sister is playable too? Why? There are so many more interesting characters to pick, even for staff users.

Because those are this games main characters. And FE mains use swords.

Duh.

NSESN

So if we assume there are indeed 20 characters, and all the royals from fates are in:

- Marth
- Chrom
- Robin (male)
- Lissa
- Corrin
- Ryoma
- Xander
- Lucina
- Rowan (original character do not steal)
- Lianna (original character too)
- Elise
- Camilla
- Takumi
- Sakura
- Hinoka
- Azura
- Anna
- .... we got only three left. Tharja has to be in, and so should Ike.

Frederick should be in too. The last one should be Tiki so no Ike.

Dad

The terrible roster and no online makes this an easy pass for me. Which is too bad because I was looking forward to it when it was announced

LordKano

They stated several times that they didn't want to have too much sword users in the roster, so I'm not worrying about that. It's probably just that the most popular characters, those they showed so far, happens to be all sword-users.

I also don't doubt one second that Ike will be there. Like someone said, he's literally the most popular FE character. I'm starting to fear for my boy Roy tho.

cacildo

I dont understand why they dont focus on local multiplayer with two switch units and one single copy of the game

Draxal

No Camilla, no sale.

she's going to be in, there's going to be a flyer blowout where they introduce her and Caeda (and probably Minerva).

They stated several times that they didn't want to have too much sword users in the roster, so I'm not worrying about that. It's probably just that the most popular characters, those they showed so far, happens to be all sword-users.

I also don't doubt one second that Ike will be there. Like someone said, he's literally the most popular FE character. I'm starting to fear for my boy Roy tho.

Tbh, don't think Ike will be in launch, but he will be first of the dlc to get in.

"TOO MANY SWORD USERS"

"WHERE IS *insert sword user from non fe1/awake/fates here*"

Ike will be in the fe9/10 dlc pack

Roy will be in with The fe 6/7 pack

Richie

Seriously hope this game pulls a 180 and unveils its most attractive qualities nearer to release, because so far it feels like a major step down from Hyrule Warriors in terms of variety and exciting potential. Played 400+ hours of HW between the Wii U and 3DS, too, come on Koei, resurrect the hype I once had for this.

They've mentioned archers before, so I imagine one of them is in too.

POS Takumi will likely be around, the game should start with a meteorite crushing him in his sleep before Setsuna takes over

ryseing

They could at least add the Smash bros character and the Valentia ones. Valentia in specific would be great to promove the last game they released.

I think all of this 3DS pandering will be a shot in the foot.

Alm and Celica even have amiibos. No reason not to include them.

Not sure why people are angry that the most popular characters from the most popular fe games are getting in over your niche favorite from a game when the series was declining towards death.

Nobody is asking for niche favorites? Ike is IKE, and Alm/Celica just had a game come out.

If people were asking for like, Joshua, or something that complaint would be warranted.

I love Joshua and want him to be in a Warriors game someday.

They've mentioned archers before, so I imagine one of them is in too.

Takumi is the only decent archer from 1/13/14, so I assume it would be him.

Xbro

"TOO MANY SWORD USERS"

Like I said earlier, I'm only annoyed at them including more sword users because that was literally their excuse for not including the lords from the other games.

Because those are this games main characters. And FE mains use swords.

Duh.

Ephraim says hi. And he thinks they're all scrubs.
Seriously, he does in Heroes, he thinks all the other lords are scrubs because all of them (except Hector) uses swords, whereas he uses a spear.

I dont understand why they dont focus on local multiplayer with two switch units and one single copy of the game

Im glad they aren't fuck that killed local Splatoon 1 multiplayer for me. Im not buying another console and probably another copy of the game just to play local multiplayer. Im glad a company is still supporting Local Split-Screen Couch Co-Op when many opt to just ignore it in favor of online.

NSESN

"TOO MANY SWORD USERS"

Ike will be in the fe9/10 dlc pack

Roy will be in with The fe 6/7 pack

The difference is that people care about Roy and Ike much more than Chrom, Xander, Ryouma or that original character that makes Alphonse look good.

So we should probably expect a sizeable roster then, right? Didn't they say that they didn't want to use too many sword users? Other than Lissa (low-key axe user, but I expect magic) that's all that's there. I doubt they will confine Robin to magic only either. We can probably expect the Fates royals. I think we'll get Tharja too. Outside of that, it's hard to predict who else might make it in.

Where the fuck is hector?

Hopefully makes it as DLC. Insta-buy for me if he does

Ogodei

More friggin' Awakening/Fates characters.

Is it seriously just going to be Awakening/Fates + Marth?

Gimme some craziness, like Hector, Joshua, Shinon/Rolf, Jill (please?), Lethe, Muarim, Ike, Micaiah, and Sothe, Soren.

And villains like Lyon, Nergal, Oliver, the Black Knight, Dheginsea, Petrine, and Ashnard.

LordKano

So we should probably expect a sizeable roster then, right? Didn't they say that they didn't want to use too many sword users? Other than Lissa (low-key axe user, but I expect magic) that's all that's there. I doubt they will confine Robin to magic only either. We can probably expect the Fates royals. I think we'll get Tharja too. Outside of that, it's hard to predict who else might make it in.

There will be at least 20 characters. The game's releasing this september in Japan so we should know about the roster soon.

PK Gaming

The roster isn't even bad (yet), but how they announced each character was pretty bad

Imagine if they started with Robin (magic user), Xander (horseguy), Marth (obvious), Camilla (fanservice), and Cordelia (Pegasus Knight)

I doubt people would complain as much

No one would be complaining about too many sword users if the devs themselves hadn't brought it up as an excuse not to have characters outside of SD/Fates/Awakening.

Then the roster would be

Marth
Alm
Celica
Sigurd
Cecile
Leaf
Roy
Eliwood
Lyn
Hector
Erikia
Ephiram
Ike
Micaiah
Chrom
Lucina
Corrin

Jee what a diverse roster of sword users and not much else :V

Gimme some craziness, like Hector, Joshua, Shinon/Rolf, Jill (please?), Lethe, Muarim, Ike, Micaiah, and Sothe, Soren.

And villains like Lyon, Nergal, Oliver, the Black Knight, Dheginsea, Petrine, and Ashnard.

Nope

It'll be awakening + fates + shadow dragon

Be excited for ceada, tiki, minerva, etc

Xbro

They've specified that there will be a focus on Awakening/Fates/Shadow Dragon characters. The reason they gave is that if they had the lords from the other games there would be too many sword users.

Honestly I doubt most of the devs of this game have even played the other games. Hyrule Warriors' story felt like a Zelda story made by people who didn't play Zelda games, and this will probably be similar.

Honestly from what we've seen of Xander I can't even be hype for a Pegasus Knight or whatever. It's gonna be Caeda with a sword and she's gonna play exactly like everyone else.

kewlmyc

Roster so far is :
- Marth
- Chrom
- Robin (male)
- Lissa
- Corrin
- Ryoma
- Xander
- Lucina
- Rowan (original character do not steal)
- Lianna (original character too)

So, 10 characters. We know there will be at least 20 characters due to some indications from the developers.

Considering Tiki is getting an amiibo, I'd assume she's in it too.

So far, Lissa is the only unconventional pick. Hope we get some more out there choices.

NSESN

The roster isn't even bad (yet), but how they announced each character was pretty bad

Imagine if they started with Robin (magic user), Xander (horseguy), Marth (obvious), Camilla (fanservice), and Cordelia (Pegasus Knight)

I doubt people would complain as much

Please no Cordelia. Or if she is in no Hinoka. We already 3 falchion users we don't need 2 spear wielding fliers.

They've specified that there will be a focus on Awakening/Fates/Shadow Dragon characters. The reason they gave is that if they had the lords from the other games there would be too many sword users.

Honestly I doubt most of the devs of this game have even played the other games. Hyrule Warriors' story felt like a Zelda story made by people who didn't play Zelda games, and this will probably be similar.

They probably haven't, with an excuse like that they probably don't know about Sacred Stones, who has a male Lord who uses a spear. His sister (also a Lord) uses a sword, mind you, but still. The wonder twins are pretty popular in their own right, too, Ephraim was 7th on the Heroes male popularity poll and Eirika was 6th amongst the females.

NSESN

I'm betting a character like Nowi is DLC. Along with Panne or something.

Lol. The game will already be full of Awakening characters, if they waste DLC with yet more awakening characters they realy don't care.

Better already accept it, Cordelia's a lock

I'm personally hoping for the Pegasus Sisters
I don't think she is. I am almost sure Hinoka will be the pegasus rider with maybe Caeda as a sword pegasus riger.

ChrisD

Don't forget that Anna is in the game, in some form or another.

I just read the 'roster is boring' comments to mostly mean 'no Tharja/Camilla' tbh

Basically in regards to the spoiler.

Hoping they add Alm and Celica with the same voice actors from Echoes. They were both idiots by the endgame, but the actors put in serious work, and I grew to really like the characters due to it.

Draxal

Yeah, that's true, but that comment made them much worse than in Smash.

Comment, plus making the three new playable characters all swords.

Is Lissa actually unconventional? She's like a main character in Awakening.

Yes and no.

She's not a particularly memorable 'imouto' type, Elise is alot more popular than her while serving a similar role. Her kid is more popular than her.

I think my biggest problem with this game so far is just how very safe it feels in comparison to Hyrule Warriors. I'm not even a remote fan of these DW games but I enjoyed HW largely because it tried to do some really crazy mash ups with characters, items, ect. which came together to at least make it seem like something all its own instead of just another DW clone.

This game on the other hand just looks so safe and boring. We already know most of the characters featured will be from Awakening/Fates, the maps we've seen don't look remotely interesting or special and the gameplay doesn't have the uniqueness or the charm that HW had. It really feels more like yet another DW game with Fire Emblem characters slapped on which just feels really lackluster.

I think theres a big missed opportunity to really dive into the strategy roots that FE is based on in the gameplay. Hell When I pictured FE combat playing out in real time I could really see it setup like DW is at times but every chapter/map in FE is generally so definitive and different with new types of units or mechanics thrown at you and you just don't even see a hint of that in this game.

Top Bottom