• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors: local multiplayer, Robin, Lisa & Lucina leaked, permadeath,more

I wouldn't be so sure, but wouldn't mind it either. Hopefully Camus makes an appearance as well, even if as an enemy, since I'm a fan of his archetype

Speaking of Camus archetype, they could add in Reinhardt since he's semi-popular now thanks to his being ridiculous in Heroes.

Please?

StayDead

I'm going to say take out Minerva (don't recall her being in #FE). Add Abel (he did have a voice as he was cast as a villain in that game). Elise is def in. Take out Hinoka, add Oboro and Cordelia.

No way Navarre isn't going to be in. He's one of the most popular FE1/3 characters.

Yes. IntSys was noting that they were quite surprised that Adult Tiki was so much more popular than Young Tiki in the character popularity poll, and I noticed that the Fire Emblem Warriors amiibo for Tiki is Young Tiki.

Pulling the Top 20 in the survey from just those games plausibly results in a few things they would have never expected, like (as they've publicly admitted) Donnel being popular:

looking at the poll. it does have some surprises like that.
XwYxnGR.jpg
Aside from the obvious Dorcas.

Seeing Donnel , Henry , Lute ,Joshua so high in there was quite surprising

batfax

If they seriously only stick to the 3DS games I'm gonna love seeing the fallout from playable Priam over Ike.

Playable Leif using (almost) every weapon type in one ridiculous moveset never.

Edit: You know the one non-royal Fates character that would totally fit in a musou game? Reina.

Cryxok

Re-classing is actually what makes me more excited. Even if we go by the basic Heart/Second Seal options in Awakening/Fates, Master of Arms Ryoma and Dark Flier Lissa are already very appealing options gameplay-wise. Assuming the other Fates royals are in, both Hinoka and Takumi have access to the Kinshi Knight and the Basara classes etc.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
They said focusing, which is usually double speak, especially for ninre do that there will be other characters that's not from those 3 games, and even more likely, these will be a respectable season pass to get these other characters 👍 ike

LordKano

I hope there will be a lot of content like the adventure maps in Hyrule Warriors. So far I'm quite hyped for the game, despite not containing my favourite characters for now. Game seems to be more fast-paced than HW, looks sharper, will have more characters, and the integrated FE mechanics looks cool. And there's a lot of QOL improvments (switching characters, level-up directly in-game and all that).

my bet is the other games will be story dlc packs, still though I think they are gonna have a hard time if they can't shake the notion of "overlooking" or "abandoning" the other games.

ag-my001

looking at the poll. it does have some surprises like that.

Aside from the obvious Dorcas.

Seeing Donnel , Henry , Lute ,Joshua so high in there was quite surprising
If I recall that topic correctly, the PoR and RD characters had their votes split, making them more popular/higher ranking when combined.

One more time: no Nephenee, no sale.

Erheller

If I recall that topic correctly, the PoR and RD characters had their votes split, making them more popular/higher ranking when combined.

One more time: no Nephenee, no sale.

Pedant note: Micaiah didn't have her votes split because she's only in Radiant Dawn.

Awesome! Lissa's in!! :D And local multiplayer sounds fun. Next Awakening rep I'd love to see is Henry but given Robin and Tharja I'm not sure about his chances. Gaius and Cordelia are for sure lock-in as well. I'm more interesed in the Fates choices because of the cast's size.
"TOO MANY SWORD USERS"

"WHERE IS *insert sword user from non fe1/awake/fates here*"

Ike will be in the fe9/10 dlc pack

Roy will be in with The fe 6/7 pack
Basically haha at least pick Ephraim or Hector :p

Velcro Fly

Really sounds like they are going to gouge the fans of other games for non Fates/Awakening/FE1 characters. Pretty sad because based on that poll they know who is popular. Feeling less and less excited to play this game.

Having many characters from Awakening and Fates will likely cause higher sales and a better chance at DLC for the older games.

Putting a million Awakening/Fates characters is like dumping all your campaign money in Florida, it totally stops helping past a certain point.

...They're not putting in online multiplayer?

Are the only online compatible games currently developed by Nintendo?

I wonder if it is related to the rolled out approach with their online services that is causing Third parties to neglect online at the moment, or am I completely off base and about to get replies throwing my ignorance in my face?

Neoxon

Are the only online compatible games currently developed by Nintendo?

I wonder if it is related to the rolled out approach with their online services that is causing Third parties to neglect online at the moment, or am I completely off base and about to get replies throwing my ignorance in my face?
Super Bomberman R, USFII, Minecraft, & Puyo Puyo x Tetris say hi.

Ho_su

Neo Member
The argument of only Sword Users is so stupid.

I mean look what Final Fantasy Dissidia do wint the characters, and they have a lot of less materials to work in the begining.

I can do you your work IS, is not that hard, is a mossu fan server game.

Marth (sword standar)
Alm (ninja/stealt stille)
Celica(sage-magic sword)
Sigurd (tipical cavalry)
Cecile (Donny/Est, weak in the begining, strong in the end)
Leaf (HE CAN USE ALL WEAPONS AND MAGIC IN A HORSE, NO JOKE, THERE IS NO RESTRICTION)
Roy (Fire lord swordman)
Eliwood (heavy cavalry)
Lyn (bow/sword heck put it on horse)
Hector(General axe)
Erikia(Duelist)
Ephiram (Spear guy)
Ike (Heavy Axe and Sword)
Micaiah (Sage/heal)
Chrom (is ok)
Lucina(female Marth as always)
Robin (Tactics character, buffer and sword and magic)
Corrin (she is a dragon, is ok)

Fuck this game, it look so dull.

What if they end up putting Donnel in the game just because of Etika

I would be here for it. His playthrough and Lady Arieta sold me on the series. I returned to FE: Sacred Stones before getting FE: Awakening. Awakening is the series "Final Fantasy 7", so, it is natural that there are more fans of modern FE than seasoned/long-term ones. Also, some of us HATE permadeath!!

Really don't get the complaints about "too many swords", and wouldn't be worried about rosters at this point. Hyrule Warriors had lots of post-release support. It's possible that we could get DLC packs adding Healers, Magicians, Pegasus Knights, etc., or story modes from earlier entries, or free updates.

Xbro

I would be here for it. His playthrough and Lady Arieta sold me on the series. I returned to FE: Sacred Stones before getting Awakening. We

Really don't get the complaints about "too many swords", and wouldn't be worried about rosters at this point. Hyrule Warriors had lots of post-release support. It's possible that we could get DLC packs adding Healers, Magicians, Pegasus Knights, etc., or story modes from earlier entries, or free updates.

The complaint of "too many swords" comes mostly from the fact that the developers are using that as an excuse for not putting in characters from old games.

TreIII

Online multiplayer in a Warrior game dies so fast. It's not really all that desired by the community that plays them.

Yep. Maybe, just maybe, DW9 may change things. But for now, it's still very much a feature that barely is anything more than a nice bullet point for advertising.

mas8705

What if they end up putting Donnel in the game just because of Etika

I doubt Etika in all his glory has that much influence. Bare in mind that in terms of Donnel as a character, he is basically designed to be the ultimate underdog and if you do train him up, he can definitely be a beast. With that and his unique personality, he would be a nice addition to the roster (even though we haven't really heard much of "Non-Main" characters at this point since it has been purely the main heroes and their families thus far).

Xbro

I doubt Etika in all his glory has that much influence. Bare in mind that in terms of Donnel as a character, he is basically designed to be the ultimate underdog and if you do train him up, he can definitely be a beast. With that and his unique personality, he would be a nice addition to the roster (even though we haven't really heard much of "Non-Main" characters at this point since it has been purely the main heroes and their families thus far).

It's not a matter of Etika himself having influence over their decisions, but the fact that Etika coerced his followers into voting for Donnel in the voting poll.

novenD

Lissa is kind of an odd choice, if true; her starting class is healing only. On the other hand, maybe that bodes well for diverse characters for the rest of the roster?

I don't care either way, because Arthur isn't going to be playable.

0/10

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Online multiplayer in a Warrior game dies so fast. It's not really all that desired by the community that plays them.

If it's a co-op game, I would want to play with friends. I really wouldn't care how many randoms are playing in that case.

I don't know why Nintendo seems so averse to including online co-op in most of their games. They have tons of games with local co-op, but almost none with online co-op.

...They're not putting in online multiplayer?

Disappointing, but Online Multiplayer has always been pretty poor in Musou games anyway. With the vast majority not allowing you to co-op with someone until one or both players already complete the stage that you want to play. >_>

SkyOdin

If I had to make roster predictions:

The entire set of royals from Fire Emblem Fates is pretty much a given. So Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Camilla, Hinoka, Leo, Takumi, Elise, and Sakuya. Azura is highly likely as well. This a pretty balanced and diverse set of characters, many of whom have unique weapons or rare classes, so they would add a lot to the gameplay.

Shadow Dragon has a pretty specific list of major characters who are particularly prominant in artwork and such: Marth, Caeda, Ogma, Navarre, Merric, Linde, Minerva, Tiki, Camus, Nyna, and Gharnef. That is the list of characters for whom Nintendo commissioned promotional artwork for Shadow Dragon from Masamune Shirow. I would add Hardin and the White Wings in as also being likely additions (though I can see the White Wings just being called in as assist attacks by Minerva or something).

Awakening is a bit harder to guess at. Chrom, Lissa, Robin, and Lucina are all but confirmed and super obvious picks. I would say that Frederick is extremely likely as well, if for no other reason than to have an axe-using cavalry character. Virion is a likely pick, and so is Tharja due to her unfathomable and inexplicable popularity.

And that comes to 30 characters, which is probably on the high side, but not outside the realm of reason.

Luke_Wal

Do we still have no release window for this game at all? They said summer at the Switch launch event, and then Fall at E3, but if it's fall, they probably need to give a date fairly soon... Maybe another Direct in like August with release updates on stuff and Animal Crossing for 2018?

I don't mind the focus on Awakening and Fates characters, but they sure better toss in some fan favorites from FE7/9. Lyn, Hector, Ike, and Micaiah would be nice.

Ridley327

Do we still have no release window for this game at all? They said summer at the Switch launch event, and then Fall at E3, but if it's fall, they probably need to give a date fairly soon... Maybe another Direct in like August with release updates on stuff and Animal Crossing for 2018?

It's dated for September 28 in Japan and a non-specific "fall" release period in the US. As Nintendo isn't publishing the game in Japan, it does seem to be somewhat exempt from the usual WW release strategy that they've been doing, which makes me think that it's going to be an early October game in the west. I would wager that it will release no later than October 13, since that will give it two weeks to itself before Odyssey drops.

Netto-kun

Japanese release date is September 28th. So the Western release date shouldn't be too far behind. Unless they decide to do something similar to Hyrule Warriors and Legends.

Edit: lol beaten

NoKisum

The problem I'm having though is that the people I know who are also super hyped for this game live far away. Online multiplayer would aleve the problem of having to travel super far just to have a few in-person co-op sessions.

The argument of only Sword Users is so stupid.

I mean look what Final Fantasy Dissidia do wint the characters, and they have a lot of less materials to work in the begining.

I can do you your work IS, is not that hard, is a mossu fan server game.

Marth (sword standar)
Alm (ninja/stealt stille)
Celica(sage-magic sword)
Sigurd (tipical cavalry)
Cecile (Donny/Est, weak in the begining, strong in the end)
Leaf (HE CAN USE ALL WEAPONS AND MAGIC IN A HORSE, NO JOKE, THERE IS NO RESTRICTION)
Roy (Fire lord swordman)
Eliwood (heavy cavalry)
Lyn (bow/sword heck put it on horse)
Hector(General axe)
Erikia(Duelist)
Ephiram (Spear guy)
Ike (Heavy Axe and Sword)
Micaiah (Sage/heal)
Chrom (is ok)
Lucina(female Marth as always)
Robin (Tactics character, buffer and sword and magic)
Corrin (she is a dragon, is ok)

I agree with that, just would have Micaiah as an bishop (Light magic) instead of Sage (anima)

Lyn could be an hybrid of myrmydon and archer

And the 3 OCs have... Swords, the worst is that they look vanilla sword users.

Local splitscreen is AWESOME, no interest in online multiplayer, and the picks are obvious but fine. Still unhappy there is no Ike and the only thing not from Awakening/Fates is Marth, who I despise.

Also hope you can play as Lucina with her mask :eek:

LordKano

Local splitscreen is AWESOME, no interest in online multiplayer, and the picks are obvious but fine. Still unhappy there is no Ike and the only thing not from Awakening/Fates is Marth, who I despise.

Also hope you can play as Lucina with her mask :eek:

Actually the sprite that leaked Lucina was the one with its mask.

Top Bottom