• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors |OT| Now Everyone Can Ougi!

N30RYU

I never played a Fire Emblem game... game looks cool but I don't think I'll dig it not knowing the characters... I just hope it has good sales and they think of porting Hyrule Warriors.

Duffk1ng

Look on your map for key symbol, then kill that enemy unit to collect the key.

Is there any way to tell if I already have it? I think I killed them as I spotted the key symbol and killed the stuff there, but I don't recall getting any notification. It was right as I triggered the poison fog.

Edit: Oh wait I see it, icon on my HUD. Didn't notice.

ohh this game basically has the hyrule warriors weakpoint system but seemingly not as sloggy to deal with so far due to weapon triangle advantages, result!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
are there relationships in this game? I don't want to pick the guy but if I have to marry a waifu then I have no choice, he is really ugly though.

Considering that mine apparently never made it to USPS because they insisted on using their internal delivery service to my post office... Y'all don't get to complain about Amazon flaking out. =P

(They're estimating it'll show up sometime between Saturday and Monday, so it's not that bad, but I was hoping to have it tonight to play co-op with a friend.)
At least yours is getting delivered eventually.

Mine is currently sitting in limbo with no delivery date despite having preordered the normal edition last month.

I spoke with a rep on the chat and they're are telling me they don't have a release date for it yet. It's released everywhere but Amazon apparently. :*(

ChrisD

I'm assuming I can't change my Difficulty and Classic/Casual whenever, so I'm thinking of going Normal Casual. But I also don't want to be bored to death... Hard/Casual could also work.

This is not a roadblock I was expecting in a Musou.

Gradivus

I'm assuming I can't change my Difficulty and Classic/Casual whenever, so I'm thinking of going Normal Casual. But I also don't want to be bored to death... Hard/Casual could also work.

This is not a roadblock I was expecting in a Musou.

You can change difficulty, not sure about the other because I never changed that option before.

Velcro Fly

Luckily my special edition was not damaged. Amazon decided to ship it in a bubble mailer. Like seriously what the fuck.

ChrisD

You can change difficulty, not sure about the other because I never changed that option before.

Oh, cool. Hard/Casual, then. I don't think I could take Classic with a game series I'm not actually well-versed in hahaha. Only ever played Hyrule Warriors.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Is there any difference at all to casual/classic other than just the semi-perma-death? Like do you miss out on anything because of it? I figured it would be a toggle you can switch but it looks like you are locked into the option you choose.

Also, in terms of difficulty, is hard meant to be played with leveled up characters like some DW games? Or is hard fine for a first time through? It tends to be tough to gauge with these games because sometimes the difference is literally a large extra amount of time whittling down health bars because you simply don't have enough power.

How do you view support conversations? Just got a C between Lianna and Lissa and can't find the option. Does it unlock later or something?

My immediate regret upon choosing him as my lead.

And also Lissa is boss.

I kinda knew as such beforehand so that's why I picked Lianna, but man...just listening to him speak is painful.

How is the frame rate for split screen? Was just watching a Polygon stream and it looked real rough but that might have been the stream itself.

Gradivus

How do you view support conversations? Just got a C between Lianna and Lissa and can't find the option. Does it unlock later or something?

I kinda knew as such beforehand so that's why I picked Lianna, but man...just listening to him speak is painful.

Conversations happen once you hit A+

ngower

Is Best Buy/GCU the cheapest place to find this in the States right now? The new sticker smell of a Fire Emblem game has me drooling, but this game seems destined for a Nintendo Selects future, should they revive the brand.

Is everyone's late order from Best Buy shipping from Fed Ex? This is the first time I've ever seen them use Fed Ex over UPS, and sure enough my Tiki and Chrom will be late. I've had a lot of issues in the past with Fed Ex shipments missing target dates. Even if something is shipped the day before with UPS, I always get it on time.

Thankfully I started picking my games up instead, because UPS never shows up till after 5 anyway, but still, sucks for everyone else.

Yeah, it's FedEx with me, which is unusual. I'm pretty sure it was UPS with Metroid and Layton within the past month, and both of those showed up on time.

ryushe

JhxD68Z.jpg
Ahh yiss, my copy finally came!

Also, the Special Edition is worth it for the Sound Selection alone.

Tyeforce

Is there any difference at all to casual/classic other than just the semi-perma-death? Like do you miss out on anything because of it? I figured it would be a toggle you can switch but it looks like you are locked into the option you choose.

Also, in terms of difficulty, is hard meant to be played with leveled up characters like some DW games? Or is hard fine for a first time through? It tends to be tough to gauge with these games because sometimes the difference is literally a large extra amount of time whittling down health bars because you simply don't have enough power.
I’m also wanting some answers in regards to this here. Not sure if I should go with Casual or Classic, and I can’t start the game until I decide... .-.

Reknoc

I’m also wanting some answers in regards to this here. Not sure if I should go with Casual or Classic, and I can’t start the game until I decide... .-.

Classic is just permadeath. You're not locked in entirely iirc, you can change from classic to causal but not the other way.

Canucked

Well my limited edition didn't ship so I guess I missed out. I'll have to pick this up when I see the regular in the store sometime.

I played on Hard from the start, it was fine.

knkng

So I’ve been playing in Japanese a bit, but am thinking of switching back to English. It’s too difficult to read the dialogue spoken during battle, and the English voices honestly seem very good from what I’ve heard so far.

Also, great game so far!

Phew - this game is very... strategic. It's a little intimidating (I almost think moreso than regular FE!)

I picked Rowan at first but instantly regretted it.

Pundere

Maybe an odd question, but is there a way to use a usb headset/headphones with the switch while docked? I want the 60 FPS, but since I mostly play games at night I use a headset to avoid bothering people with the sound.

ryushe

Maybe an odd question, but is there a way to use a usb headset/headphones with the switch while docked? I want the 60 FPS, but since I mostly play games at night I use a headset to avoid bothering people with the sound.
You're in luck! The most recent update for the Switch makes it that you're able to use USB headphones now. I don't know if any and every one works, but the ones for the PS4 definitely do.

Pundere

You're in luck! The most recent update for the Switch makes it that you're able to use USB headphones now. I don't know if any and every one works, but the ones for the PS4 definitely do.
Oh that is fantastic. I remember trying to use a usb headset at launch and it just not working. Thanks a ton!

Persona7

Banned

Just plug the headphones in while it is docked.

Pundere

Just plug the headphones in while it is docked.
Kinda difficult when the dock is 6 feet away and most headphone cords are 2-3 feet max.

Also it seems the switch only supports wireless usb headsets and not wired ones like I have. Oh well, handheld mode it is.

Flintty

Same problem here. Amazon UK still says that the game has not been released and that they will contact me as soon as they have a shipping date.

The 3DS version seems to be sold out right now, but they have the Limited Edition in stock.

It’s weird. I was on the fence but this has made me drop my order. It will go on my Xmas list and I’ll make do with Odyssey.

Kouriozan

Got all pictures from Chapter 2 to 5, with the second one after you clear the game, and all from History Awakening map and yet I'm missing one.
I bet it's somewhere in the Story mode, and of course the one missing is in the middle of the picture haha.

Just wondering is it possible to switch between the male and female protagonists? I made a huge mistake picking rowan he might be the only in the Eng dub that is bugging me at the moment.
Well I've got used to it now I guess so I'm not too bothered anymore.

I'm ok with Rowan. Voiced as a bit of an excitable young fella, but that's fine. There will be a chance at some other time to play the other one. And in general, the voice acting is fine. Which is not much of a surprise.

Add: as indicated below, that chance to switch it up will come soon enough

STHX

Just wondering is it possible to switch between the male and female protagonists? I made a huge mistake picking rowan he might be the only in the Eng dub that is bugging me at the moment.

You can't switch, however after clearing Chapter 5 you unlock the twin you didn't choose and can play with him/her freely.

It doesn't matter much because in the next 8 chapters the party separates in 2 armies and you are forced to use certain characters regardless of who you picked at the start

Effect

Only started playing but like how the game feels. Looks a lot better on my TV then the streams and videos made it out to be. It looked better then Hyrule Warriors. That much was clear I felt but looks even better now.

Keeping it on normal until I hit the first boss. I want to see how much of a health sponge its going to be before I kick it up to hard. What this game doesn't seem to do that Hyrule Warriors did is give you credit for beating the lower levels if you beat it on Normal. I expected Easy to be cleared as well but it wasn't'. I wonder if that's something that needs to be fixed or if you get different rewards for beating the different difficulties.

Rowan has the most annoying voice ever, oh my god.

My girl Lissa putting in work! <33333

I've heard a lot worse. I was concerned at first but it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I would say its fine at this point. I'm not annoyed by it. That of course could change.

Quality and Performance. I like both to be honest but I think I'll be keeping it on Quality for now.

Top Bottom