• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Warriors |OT| Now Everyone Can Ougi!

Duffk1ng

If you guys ordering from Amazon still have issues, I got it a day early from TheGameCollection, looks like they still have stock.

Velcro Fly

My amiibo from Best Buy and my special edition from Amazon both going to arrive today.

Now I have taken the day off work and plan to spend it with my mom because it is her birthday, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to play this game today too.

Navi

Going to go pick up my copy at GameStop around lunch time today.
Ready to join you cool kids in the battle.

Shengar

Three Kingdoms is just a general cultural phenomenon in all of asia. Also dont forget that the protagonist Liubei is the heir of the han-dynasty and the two other warlords are also Han-nobility
The massive difference between Asia nobility in general (except Indian Hindu nobles for obvious reason) is that their status is more fluid. Unlike western nobility that impossible to had their title abolished in the past, numerous families and individuals rise and fall throughout the ages. While nobility status still oftenly used as token to trust their credentials, nobility in itself was not something infallible and a rights that given by God as it was in the West after the rise of Holy Roman Empire. That is why it is common to find wuxia story where the protagonist is up against or even trying to overthrow tyrannical emperor. Meanwhile in Western fantasy the theme "return of the rightful king to the throne" is much more prevalent, and the only instance where monarch ruler got replaced or overthrown is when it involved revolution that resembling the modern world.

Peasants rebellion in China breaks dynasty. Peasants rebellion in England only lower taxes at best.

Played for an hour and first impressions are good! Feels great to play and the attacks have impact.

Only small complaint: the game bombards you with information in the beginning instead of easing you into the mechanics.

Can't believe I purchased the game and season pass, just to realize I don't even have enough free space to even download the game. I'd have to delete Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Monster Hunter XX to free up enough space and that's not happening, so I need a microSD card lol. Which one(s) is best for the Switch?

Budget of $150

For the most part, I'm really enjoying this game, but god damm do all the clones make it tough to love the game.

Like I can accept clones in my musou games, but some of them really don't work. Having only three spear characters and literally all of them sharing the same moveset is insane. It also just doesn't fit some of the characters, like Hinoka's Japanese aesthetic just doesn't work with the Pegasus knight moveset

Planning on getting this for the switch and I saw that there's local co-op. Also hadn't realized until last night that it's also coming out on the 3DS, which my step-sister will surely be picking up. Is there any sort of cross play between the two versions at all?

Mark L

I loved Hyrule Warriors for two reasons: The brightly colored and creative enemy and world design, and the unique variety between player characters. I have no feelings about Fire Emblem one way or the other. Is this a game I would enjoy?

Ridley327

Planning on getting this for the switch and I saw that there's local co-op. Also hadn't realized until last night that it's also coming out on the 3DS, which my step-sister will surely be picking up. Is there any sort of cross play between the two versions at all?

No, they're treated as entirely separate games, and the 3DS version doesn't even have multiplayer to speak of.

Kinsei

Banned
I loved Hyrule Warriors for two reasons: The brightly colored and creative enemy and world design, and the unique variety between player characters. I have no feelings about Fire Emblem one way or the other. Is this a game I would enjoy?

There is enemy variety but I think you'd be disappointed in the character variety. There are more characters but a lot of them share movesets. For example all three of the pegasus knights have the same moveset. HW actually had more unique movesets at launch despite having fewer characters.

Gradivus

I'm up to Chapter 12 so far in the English version. Besides Hinoka, the voice acting isn't as bad as it was made out to be during the old trailers.

Same here too. There must have been some issue with the SE. It's really bumming me out.

I was buying the game digitally so I only preorderd the Chrom amiibo. It was release date delivery until this morning, also delayed until tomorrow. I think best buy just goofed up with all of it

Such is whim and the presence of spare eShop credit that I bought it on 3DS. Haven't been very excited about it or the dlc...but Fire Emblem. Not very pretty on the small screen but runs well, lots of enemies to send flying as per the genre, and entertaining special effects. Lissa is a lot of fun, like a wild little tornado that knocks herself on her own tail after a bunch of swings lol.

Kouriozan

No I was just listing stuff. Anna is essentially post-game because you have to collect "Anna's Memories"...you'll understand when you play the game.
Just finished the game's story myself, made sure to collect all of them so far and more just became available.
Want to get Lyn now but don't know how strong I should be for that.
I'm up to Chapter 12 so far in the English version. Besides Hinoka, the voice acting isn't as bad as it was made out to be during the old trailers.
Tiki sounds kinda weird, but I'm so used to her JP dub after TMS.

Upto like chapter 4 at the moment and the English VA has been better than it was looking in some of the earlier trailers.
Also the music is fantastic, conquest is definitely my favourite then again it has been for a while now.

Josephl64

Just finished the game's story myself, made sure to collect all of them so far and more just became available.

I wouldn't know exactly since I'm grinding to max out everything Sheeda has, but I remember that next to each unit in history mode is the unit's "level", so I'd probably use that as a benchmark.

Gradivus

Tiki sounds kinda weird, but I'm so used to her JP dub after TMS.

I'm just about up to Marth and Co's entrance so I'll find out soon.

For Lyn, Level 35-40 is good enough to go.

I invested about 200 hours into Hyrule Warriors before I got burnt out. Does this game offer enough of a fresh take for me to enjoy it or do you guys think it'll feel like a chore?

Is everyone's late order from Best Buy shipping from Fed Ex? This is the first time I've ever seen them use Fed Ex over UPS, and sure enough my Tiki and Chrom will be late. I've had a lot of issues in the past with Fed Ex shipments missing target dates. Even if something is shipped the day before with UPS, I always get it on time.

Thankfully I started picking my games up instead, because UPS never shows up till after 5 anyway, but still, sucks for everyone else.

Gradivus

I invested about 200 hours into Hyrule Warriors before I got burnt out. Does this game offer enough of a fresh take for me to enjoy it or do you guys think it'll feel like a chore?

I'm about 80 hours in the Jpn Version, got S rank on everything but still need to unlock supports/max the stats/etc. Once DLC arrives that should boost it up more.

I must have put over 200 hours into HW as well. I'm only like 4 chapters deep so far but I think it'll hold its own rather well for me. Having that slight tactical aspect with moving around your characters to hit up enemies for you feels kinda fresh. And pairing people up is fun when it comes dual attacks.

I'm interested to see where the end game goes, because I feel like the majority of the time I poured into HW was in the Adventure maps. Not sure FEW will offer the same meaty side/post game.

BluWacky

I am feeling spectacularly dumb and so this is going to be a bit GameFAQs-y, apologies...

Are all your character rosters completely determined in Story Mode (until you unlock Free Play for each level)? I'm at a point where I have a variety of characters, many of whom appear on the battlefield with me; however, I can only cycle in playable terms between four of them or so, while the others can join up with me as supports but still aren't playable. I would like to be able to play as some of the other characters, but can't work out how to make them active party members.

If I can only play as them when the story dictates, or in Free Play mode, then that's fine - I can stop wasting time trying to work out how to change so I can play as other characters then. As I wasn't sure, however, I thought I should check.

LAA

Don't know what happened with Amazon UK. Not shipped yet, Still says delivery date pending.
I did get the Chrom amiibo today though.

God I hate how wildly inconsistent Amazon's shipping service is.

It brought me Persona 5 at like 9am and it looks like I won't get to play this before work :mad:

Jealous of ya'll playing right now.

ViciousDS

Banned
can't wait to pick this up after work from best buy......I love all warriors games. Loved the fire emblem characters but never could get into the strategy style of games they present.....so this is a perfect mix for me.

How many missions in the story do I have to do before I unlocked the non story stuff? Like the missions, amiibo, costume settings, etc.

I did the opening and got to the world map for the first time and had to stop until this evening

Rmagnus

Banned
Played for an hour and first impressions are good! Feels great to play and the attacks have impact.

Only small complaint: the game bombards you with information in the beginning instead of easing you into the mechanics.

I hate the leveling up part... It breaks the pace of the game besides that I am enjoying it.

GSR

God I hate how wildly inconsistent Amazon's shipping service is.

It brought me Persona 5 at like 9am and it looks like I won't get to play this before work :mad:

Jealous of ya'll playing right now.

You and me. Will be delivered before 8pm today.

Considering that mine apparently never made it to USPS because they insisted on using their internal delivery service to my post office... Y'all don't get to complain about Amazon flaking out. =P

(They're estimating it'll show up sometime between Saturday and Monday, so it's not that bad, but I was hoping to have it tonight to play co-op with a friend.)

I am feeling spectacularly dumb and so this is going to be a bit GameFAQs-y, apologies...

Are all your character rosters completely determined in Story Mode (until you unlock Free Play for each level)? I'm at a point where I have a variety of characters, many of whom appear on the battlefield with me; however, I can only cycle in playable terms between four of them or so, while the others can join up with me as supports but still aren't playable. I would like to be able to play as some of the other characters, but can't work out how to make them active party members.

If I can only play as them when the story dictates, or in Free Play mode, then that's fine - I can stop wasting time trying to work out how to change so I can play as other characters then. As I wasn't sure, however, I thought I should check.

Don't have the game in English so forgive me if I get a few terms wrong, but...

On the battle preparation screen, press X over a unit, then Swap them with another fielded character (Note: Blue tiles indicate playable, green tiles indicate AI-controlled only) or Change Character (Note: For Ch. 6 - 11, character selections are limited for story reasons; 12 onwards you have a large selection).

Oh, not sure how many know this, but you can order units to Pair Up or Heal someone else too by using X when commanding them. Feels a bit weird though, using buttons that aren't A and B in an FE. Also a little annoying because I don't want to give a Defend order every time but that's all A does when you command someone to go to another unit. :x

Only a few missions in but enjoying it! What mode is everyone playing on? I'm on performance atm. I'm usually pretty uncaring about resolution, but woof you can see the hit in performance mode, but damn the 60 fps is nice.

dimmer

I don't know much about Fire Emblem characters sooo.. after hearing Marth's voice in this game ... is Marth a woman???

Top Bottom