• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First AAAA game released in january 2011: video !

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
yeah, but it really question normal games market. How it is possible that this game has 60 HD towns ?

Because this game won't sell anything close to mln units. a) they are mafia coverage and they laundering money b) farm simulator sold more than CODMW3 c) Aliens

And it is Germany they earn more than in US.

These games sell extremely well in Europe. I'm pretty sure the budget on this game was fairly high.

Like a previous poster said, this is very similar to the Japanese bus driving games.

I don't understand the appeal of playing a truck simulator but if the locations are accurate to the real thing, I can see value in this for someone who plans to take a trip to any of these locations and would like to know their way around beforehand.

Perkel

Banned
I don't understand the appeal of playing a truck simulator but if the locations are accurate to the real thing, I can see value in this for someone who plans to take a trip to any of these locations and would like to know their way around beforehand.

I also did not know how that would be good game but then i found game Hard Truck (2 or 1 ?) That was one of first car games that had open world, you earned money which you spent on new trucks amd you could hire other drivers. Also everytime you started delivery you competed with other drivers. Oh and it had amazing soundtrack perfect for long roads

Believe me that this was amazing game. Other OST

Ok that's it, i'm buying this i didn't plan to but looks like game has rather big for this kind of game mod support. I'm physic freak and i feared that game will be crap actually (driving physic part) but i found some physic improving mod:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 Mods: Realistic physics mod v1 by Oscar Lee (nfshp253)

maybe there is some normal car mod ?

I'm gonna Logitech G25 this bitch. I wonder how it will go.

Derrick01

Banned
Have you seen gameplay vids? Game is slow as shit.

What does this mean? It runs bad or it's "boring"?

I saw the trailer in the OP so I'm not expecting a truck delivery sim to be the most riveting thing on Earth that I can't stop playing for hours at a time. Sometimes I just want to play a sim game though.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
There is a very extensive demo on their website:

http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/

It's actually the full game, but to progress beyond level 4 you need to buy the game and plug in your key. I'm pretty sure the locked game allows for saving up to level 4 as well, so you don't need to start over if you buy it.

Also, Green Man Gaming will have this on Friday for around $25 if you use the front page discount code:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/simulation/euro-truck-simulator-2/

They will just send you a code to unlock the demo to the full game.

Perkel

Banned
Damn i need to rip sountrack from Hard Truck 2 and put it somehow in this game and i can go as long as soundtrack go. I hope i can find game somewhere on shelves.

You need to listen to this :

OST2
OST 5
OST 8

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Damn i need to rip sountrack from Hard Truck 2 and put it somehow in this game and i can go as long as soundtrack go. I hope i can find game somewhere on shelves.

OST2
OST 5
OST 8

The game supports custom playlists.

Even better, the game has about 50 different streaming radio stations from all around Europe, so you can tune into local radio stations while you're cruising around the country.

It's actually a really awesome feature.

Perkel

Banned
The game supports custom playlists.

Even better, the game has about 50 different streaming radio stations from all around Europe, so you can tune into local radio stations while you're cruising around the country.

It's actually a really awesome feature.

Ima gonna add it to thread but nothing is better than Hard Truck 2 soundtrack.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
The game actually looks really nice. The lighting, reflections and shadows are top notch.

It's probably the nicest looking game that I'll never play.

Opiate

I know this thread is a joke, but I'm glad games like this exist. I don't personally want to play them, but a wide variety of niche products is part of what makes the PC environment so great.

Perkel

Banned
Ok i bought it ! now it's downloading. It's gonna be glorious !

btw holy shit :

57805677984684734378.jpg

is there any normal car mod GAF ?

Mr Swine

Banned
Hmm can you crash into cars/trucks/busses and drive on the railroad so you can collide with a train? Would Insta buy the game!

So you aren't into sims but wonder why they aren't fantasy? What. It's a pretty shitty simulator if ogres, trolls and lasers start to appear, wouldn't you think? Some people love simulators, they are mentally stimulated by a simulator and aren't into the usual pewpew drivel. It's a niche genre, not meant for everybody.

Maybe I explained myself badly...

I'm not into sims BECAUSE I'd rather play a game where you have no barrier for creativity.

I understand the appeal for some. You like planes a lot : flight simulator is for you, you like cars a lot : Gran Turismo is for you... I'm not into all this. Maybe that's why the only way I can enjoy a realistic game is when the story and characters are polished.

In a sim you expect everything to be the most close possible to real life (the real driving simulator isn't it?) but that's not what i expect from games. That's it. You buy some, I buy others... and some people are expecting 5-10 minutes quick play per day so they go casual.

Perkel

Banned
I know this thread is a joke, but I'm glad games like this exist. I don't personally want to play them, but a wide variety of niche products is part of what makes the PC environment so great.

I specially made thread like this because i knew that Euro Truck simulator 2 would get no hits but overall even if game is shitty is shows that all this talk about graphic and XXX milion budgets to deliver open world games with good graphic is just BS.

I know game is not per se open world completely but Germany has avarge pay above US standards and game is nishe product. It should not have any possibility to deliver that much of the game with graphics like that.

But it is you can buy it. Game physic maybe shit but i still can't believe what i saw in that trailer. And it wasn't even 2012 it was 2011 january. This crazy german low budget nishe game looks better than almost any racing game. I love to see this game world used to produce some outrun like game with one or two cars and 2p-4p multi. Just 4 cars at max with same specs and it would be blast !.

amar212

Okay, this was damn fascinating.

Someone should mod this into following:

- include only one vehicle based on F355 Challenge model - World Best Racing Car Ever Made™
- tweak physics and FFB to be as good as it can
- remove all traffic
- include way to make existing roads into closed circuits or point-to-point circuits
- find a way to perform multiplayer races with 6-10 cars
- pure profit forever

This game should be *DayZeed* to hell and back ASAP.

This game looks spectacular.

Why I don't have 100.000 euro to invest in this project?

Perkel

Banned
Okay, this was damn fascinating.

Someone should mod this into following:

- include only one vehicle based on F355 Challenge model - World Best Racing Car Ever Made™
- tweak physics and FFB to be as good as it can
- remove all traffic
- include way to make existing roads into closed circuits or point-to-point circuits
- find a way to perform multiplayer races with 6-10 cars
- pure profit forever

This game should be *DayZeed* to hell and back ASAP.

This game looks spectacular.

Why do I don't have 1 million euros to invest in this project???

F355 full recreation with cockpit view and super realistic physic. fuck yeah. I would kickstart it for 100$ with tears in my eyes.

Damn, amar do you know any modders collectives which can mod something like this into game ? Game is already moddable (there are already physic mods). I'm talking about racing games mods collectives. Also maybe there is a way just to write to developers and talk about it. One car is not that much to produce anyway and modders can resolve physic issues.

found some screens:

FUCK this game really looks amazing in my opinion

Perkel

Banned
Do you really think people want open-world driving games to have realistic physics?

I sure don't.

why not ? it's not like there is any game like that. And i could totaly see races like : From London to Berlin endurance races.

Same basic idea is applied to GT5 endurance races. I would totaly love race from London to Berlin in something like F355 or ZondaF

Gustav

Banned
why not ? it's not like there is any game like that. And i could totaly see races like : From London to Berlin endurance races.

Same basic idea is applied to GT5 endurance races. I would totaly love race from London to Berlin in something like F355 or ZondaF

No. I want a shoddy VW or something and just drive to work and shit.

Piano

Banned
You know it's a AAAA game when they can't even bother to keyframe the camera movement in their promo trailer.

diamount

Banned
I know it's a little sarcastic thread but fuck SCS or whatever they are known mostly from farm simulators , bus simulators and other high profile games but how can they achieve that good looking game with that amount of features with almost 0 budget ? Because it's not like farm simulator sold 10 mln coppies.

Leaving junk aside they did more with environment then most of games (even with AAAA budget) even if those cities are small it's still fucking big achievment. Hire some dude to program better physic render normal cars instead of trucks and voila Forza Eurizon.

I suppose if you put all your budget into rendering the veichile and making everything else look like shit then it should be doable, not to mention you probably have some hardcore enthusiast buying the DLC.

mclaren777

Do any of you play realistic driving sims like netKar Pro?

I'm just trying to imagine its physics model in an open-world game and I think it sounds awful. Most public roads are just too cluttered and bumpy for it to be any fun. Add in a realistic damage model and I doubt most people would even last 2-3 miles without fully crippling their car.

sikkinixx

Holy fuck that looks boring as shit. I can just picture some 40-something easing into his big chair, bag of chips on one side, beer on the other ready to do a 12 hour drive across France to deliver his "goods on time". Gotta stick to the speed limit though. Oh shit... stuck in traffic.

Looks pretty though, and the scale is very impressive. Can you score skeezy hookers form gas stations?

Perkel

Banned
You know it's a AAAA game when they can't even bother to keyframe the camera movement in their promo trailer.

Why to bother everythink is amazing in that trailer (beside truck part).

Damn i want some F355 on that world.

Also looks like game is not from 2011 it's preatty new game like from this month ! October 20, 2012 game was 2011 january

mods :

thread name change from 2011 to 2012 october ?

Do any of you play realistic driving sims like netKar Pro?

I'm just trying to imagine its physics model in an open-world game and I think it sounds awful. Most public roads are just too cluttered and bumpy for it to be any fun. Add in a realistic damage model and I doubt most people would even last 2-3 miles without fully crippling their car.

not netcar but rfactor and iracing. It's not like it needs full game to shine just some mod that changes physic and add F355 to game. Also games looks like don't have blocky roads because it is main problem with simulating racing in normal games.

As of most of roads thing. I don't know about you but driving on real roads fast even small ones is damn fun. Realistic driving model with just one normal car could really make this world shine.

Something like amar212 said. DayZ of racing games.

Perkel

Banned
shameless bump.

I can't find any email or anything to contact with devs. Someone can look with me (germans)?

As i said and as amar suggested I will try to reach them and ask if they can do mod to game with just one normal car and some updated physic for it. It's not terrible amount of work and i would gladly buy it even as DLC for 20-30$

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You people do realize that some folks like simulators, right?

Why is this so hard to wrap your heads around?

Myriadis

I wonder how huge the map really is. I mean, there are quite some towns, but I simply can't imagine that these are really big.

OST2
OST 5
OST 8

this is the best track from king of the road http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRXcI2K3a0Y

CLEARLY

IT'S EPIC

so epic it made it to one of the first rig'n'roll trailers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo2dbDCEAZA

although a lot of the kotr soundtrack overall is in trailers for rnr. not as awesome soundtrack in that game. but it's still an amazing game. too bad it failed pretty hard. would have loved to see actual patches and expansions for it as was planned. 1c is bullshit now :(

I wonder how huge the map really is. I mean, there are quite some towns, but I simply can't imagine that these are really big.

yeah, they're not super huge. but a few streets to each town, they feel bigger than they are. the distances between cities are obviously also shorter than in real life. hehe. but nowhere near as short as in ets1. the game is a huge improvement for the series, and probably scs' best game. excellent.

You know, less than 4 years ago people would be claiming this game to have had the best graphics of all time and they would not have been wrong.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Why is there an airplane on that highway overpass?

That's actually a pretty awesome location. I think it's in the Netherlands somewhere. In the game, you're driving along next to 747s taxing along a runway that runs next to the freeway. Then, all of the sudden, you see this huge jet landing on the overpass right above you.

Top Bottom