• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First AAAA game released in january 2011: video !

Perkel

Banned
I was in store today and look what is on top of TOP 10 PC games list:

8132377774_95bc969620_b.jpg

1. Euro Truck Simulator 2
2. X-Com
3. Fifa 13
4. Sims3
5. Dishonored
6. Fifa 12
7. Diablo 3

I know Poland is weird.

Nimajneb

I downloaded the demo thinking it would be good for a laugh, but ended up actually enjoying the game. The map is a good size, it doesn't get boring driving between cities, while still having a sense of distance. The streaming radio feature is genius, it's like I'm actually driving around Europe listening the German radio stations.

My only major complaint is the collision physics. Slamming into a car at 50 miles per hours does minimal damage, and scraping a guard rail will bring you to a complete stop, requiring you to backup to get moving again. I don't like how your level restricts what trucks and accessories you can buy either. I'd prefer it if it was just a matter of saving up the money.

$40 seems a bit steep, since I'm not sure how long it would keep my interest. If it ever gets on Steam, I might pick it up on sale.

Perkel

Banned
I downloaded the demo thinking it would be good for a laugh, but ended up actually enjoying the game. The map is a good size, it doesn't get boring driving between cities, while still having a sense of distance. The streaming radio feature is genius, it's like I'm actually driving around Europe listening the German radio stations.

My only major complaint is the collision physics. Slamming into a car at 50 miles per hours does minimal damage, and scraping a guard rail will bring you to a complete stop, requiring you to backup to get moving again. I don't like how your level restricts what trucks and accessories you can buy either. I'd prefer it if it was just a matter of saving up the money.

$40 seems a bit steep, since I'm not sure how long it would keep my interest. If it ever gets on Steam, I might pick it up on sale.

At beggining you don't have your own truck. You must buy it first and then you will play how you want

Trike

"

yeah, but it really question normal games market. How it is possible that this game has 60 HD towns ?

Because this game won't sell anything close to mln units. a) they are mafia coverage and they laundering money b) farm simulator sold more than CODMW3 c) Aliens

And it is Germany they earn more than in US.

In times where you can't do another Okami or Mirrors Edge 2 they are just like that creating game about driving trucks all around europe with grapic that can rival any racing game even AAA titles and it's open world with no loadings, day/night/weather you name it.

Square-Enix to buyout the developer and then dissolve them confirmed. Also it is from Germany? They probably do whatever Uwe Boll does to stay afloat.

SLV

Square-Enix to buyout the developer and then dissolve them confirmed. Also it is from Germany? They probably do whatever Uwe Boll does to stay afloat.

Well..

The game has made it to #1 position in Best-selling PC games in full-priced category in Germany for the last week, based just on 3 days on sale (source: Gamona).

In the UK, the distribution machinery took a few days longer to gain full speed, so the official street date was conservatively set only to today. Out of the gates things look optimistic, the game has climbed to #6 in on Amazon.co.uk PC Best-selling chart.

I guess there is something more to it afterall ;)

Source

This is actually very appealing to the inner gta adventurer in me who sometimes drives like he would in real life, until a taxi driver rear ends my car.

By the way, the game has been greenlit on Steam:

Greenlit!
2 December 2012 - SCS Software
We would like to extend a huge THANK YOU to the big family of Euro Truck Simulator 2 fans! Your help was fantastic - our game is coming to Steam!

We'll be working hard to get ETS2 on Steam as fast as possible, but we have yet to take care of paperwork and handle all the technical details to make the Steam release happen, so please have patience with us.

SLV

Watching the " guick look" they are so bad at this lol, every time he looks somewhere he just leers of the lane, and the gear shifts..... he could just be skipping a gear every time, there is so much torque, sigh....

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Traffic jam bug, lol... The cars just wouldn't stop coming. They ALL turned that way and the dude in front of me didn't cut in.

When you quit and load a game the road is mostly empty for a while, but yeah, that was an aaaargh moment. Lol.
I wish the game performed better though, the mirrors are way too demanding and you can't turn them (or at least the less important ones) off (though with ini settings you can reduce their draw distance it can't be eliminated 100% and it looks worse than if you disabled it altogether and gave it a specular effect) so the cabin camera, the only right one is at times rough to use for lower end computers like mine (when at the same time I play actual AAA games - OP is a joke I take it, this isn't one - fine on this with few recent exceptions). It doesn't even look all that good (but never mind the screens, I was testing low settings).

Also, maybe change the thread title to OT or something, it was hard to find a place to post this...

My impressions of the game so far.

Also I bought my first truck after this job, it seems jobs for your own company are more involving, having to take your truck from the garage all the way there, pick up the trailer, and get it wherever. The distances are way larger so I guess this is where the endurance stat you can level comes into play. But you also get paid more so while they take way longer to complete they probably make up for it, as long as you don't smash your truck. You need to watch your gas too of course!

Top Bottom