• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First list of Xbox One backward compatibility games revealed

There are 1159 games on 360

My apologies, two years, that's still a long time to wait for a game to be Backwards Compatible. Within a year and a half 85% of the Library should be there and the only games not on there should be the ones stuck in licensing limbo.

Chris1

My apologies, two years, that's still a long time to wait for a game to be Backwards Compatible. Within a year and a half 85% of the Library should be there and the only games not on there should be the ones stuck in licensing limbo.

A lot of those games will be arcades or games that nobody wants anyway (who wants fifa 10 for example?)

As long as they can get most of the big AAA's on it quickly I'll be happy.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Dreams and wishes, meet harsh reality. Harsh reality, this is my friend dreams and wishes. He gets easily disappointed most of the time nowadays.

I guess I won't be selling my 360 anytime soon, but I hope this gets to a reasonable list sometime in the future and is not abandoned like Xbox BC was on 360.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I don't have GWG and never will. Wanted to use the 360 version...

You can find the DE on Xbox One for less than $20 (possibly $10), just get that if you are dead set on playing the first game.

Otherwise, you are going to have to wait and see, but since the DE is available I can't imagine that there is a huge incentive on MS or the publishers part to make it available.

Naked Lunch

So cool that the Sega Vintage Collection games are there from the jump. I have Streets of Rage but I will buy the Golden Axe one now.

Ditto, I really wanted to replay N&B on Rare Replay but the Showdown Town framerate was just too much of a turnoff. Desperately hoping they ironed those issues out.

As for the Bottles glitch, that's an issue with the game itself and not BC, at this point I don't see it ever getting fixed unfortunately.

The original Xbox 360 release had a patch that fixed it though. The release currently in Rare Replay is pre-patch. I was wondering if backwards compatibility patches hadn't been implemented yet and that's the reasoning for it.

There's quite a few good games on there that I wanted! Now I hope they just add Skyrim, oblivion, and all of the call of duty games soon. Borderlands 2 would also be great because I don't want to buy the handsome collection, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

The 1100+ library is still counting for a very large number of seasonal franchises, which are pretty unlikely to get approval from publishers. For instance, would EA approve of Madden '13 to get backwards compatibility when they're still releasing Madden '16 for 360 and Xbox One? Probably not.

So, if you're expecting to get Madden '06 - 16, Fifa '07 - '16, NBA 2K6 - NBA 2K16, and down the line (about 30 games just from those 3 franchises), then you'll probably be disappointed.

I knew it was going to be a while before I could unplug my 360 completely, but damn that's anemic. The arcade card games seem like padding based salt in the wound.

Drago

The original Xbox 360 release had a patch that fixed it though. The release currently in Rare Replay is pre-patch. I was wondering if backwards compatibility patches hadn't been implemented yet and that's the reasoning for it.
Whaaa? I never knew that it got fixed back then. Then yeah I certainly hope they make that patch available.

I'm pretty sure the version of Banjo N&B in Rare Replay is a patched version though (comic sans font) so idk.

03sho

So when the update hits I can just pop in my copy of Mirrors Edge let it install and I'm good to go?

Also, will online work on the games listed available or is it just single player?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
So when the update hits I can just pop in my copy of Mirrors Edge let it install and I'm good to go?

Also, will online work on the games listed available or is it just single player?

if you didn't know it will actually downloads the game, it doesn't install it off the disc. You'll still need the disc to start the game though.

and yes, online works. You play against people who are on the 360 and those playing it bc. There's no difference. It actually boots a full 360 OS so you can even press start + select to get the 360 guide

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
So cool that the Sega Vintage Collection games are there from the jump. I have Streets of Rage but I will buy the Golden Axe one now.

Honestly, I've spent more time with Golden Axe than any of the other SVC's (although Revenge of Shinobi and Monster World IV come close)

The arcade version of Golden Axe is delightful

I love how ppl think the first list revealed is their endgame. That they won't add more games to the list. Smh

Lol something positive now a negative. How does this happen. Wtf

Lima

I think of this as the original Xbox backwards compatibility on 360. Work on getting the good games running. You know all the fan voted games etc.

Also makes games that came out during the last two years a priority. Games like Splinter Cell Blacklist come to mind that people might not have played cause Xbox One came out a couple months later.

No one needs half the garbage that was released on 360.

statham

I wonder if they can court some 3rd party to join by making their games GWG, since MS pays for GWG, I can see some jumping onboard for free money.
Whats with the delay on Reach? so disappointing. Maybe it runs like shit so far and they need to fix some issues?

I'd imagine they want to stagger the first party releases so every month had a couple of big ones. And from what I understand is most games are compatible unless they maybe coded something to the metal, highly doubt Reach is one.

Syriel

Games are starting to become available, just downloaded Castle Crashers

Nothing new here. And my SVC: Streets of Rage copy still doesn't work. Just asks if I own it.

Ah well. Two more days, then time to give BC a solid once over.

I think of this as the original Xbox backwards compatibility on 360. Work on getting the good games running. You know all the fan voted games etc.

That was the most half-assed attempt at BC and if this is similar it will be incredibly disappointing.

Top Bottom