• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Official Image from Luc Besson's 'Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkeband

Banned
Dane DeHaan was great in Chronicle.

Cara DeLevigne was great in that awkward interview where they hung up on her because she was being so moody.

cLOUDo

FcMdbax.jpg

Cara:"I've made a huge mistake "

Bit apprehensive of Cara Delevingne's acting but then will see if I'm sold by the trailer.

I really hope Luc Besson brings A-grade action sequences cause Lucy was disappointingly boilerplate.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/25/valerian-first-look-luc-besson?iid=sr-link1

srjsfgjiluil.jpg

hiljhilhiljodgsd.jpg

So we have this photo of the two of them, Valerian and Laureline, and they seem to be on the run. What’s going on there?
Luc Besson: "It’s a part of the first mission. Beginning of the film. Like when you see James Bond, there’s always that one mission first. It’s the James Bond-style pre-story mission. They are in the middle of this big mission, and they’re disguised, so that’s why they’re dressed that way. They try to escape. It's pretty funny how they have to escape."
tksydkt.jpg

And who is this big black robot character?
Luc Besson: "His name is K-Tron. He’s a police officer. You can’t even deal with him. You don’t argue with him. He’s not really important in the film, but he’s just like the the military police. Believe me, I have hundreds of these characters like him."
sjfhsfhfshsjethk.jpg

Looks alright.

I just found out about this today. Looks awesome!

-Mass Effect fan :p

Is there a good place to start if I wanted to check out the comics?

Alx

I just found out about this today. Looks awesome!

-Mass Effect fan :p

Is there a good place to start if I wanted to check out the comics?

The earlier albums are standalone stories, I would suggest starting with those. Some of them were even published in English :
Ambassador of the Shadows (one of my favourites)
World Without Stars
Welcome to Alflolol
Heroes of the Equinox
The Living Weapons

There is a continuity background story starting with Métro Châtelet / the Rage of Hypsis, the albums afterwards may refer to it but it's not always necessary to know about it to follow the plot.

DOWN

Banned
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/25/valerian-first-look-luc-besson?iid=sr-link1

srjsfgjiluil.jpg

hiljhilhiljodgsd.jpg

So we have this photo of the two of them, Valerian and Laureline, and they seem to be on the run. What’s going on there?
Luc Besson: "It’s a part of the first mission. Beginning of the film. Like when you see James Bond, there’s always that one mission first. It’s the James Bond-style pre-story mission. They are in the middle of this big mission, and they’re disguised, so that’s why they’re dressed that way. They try to escape. It's pretty funny how they have to escape."
tksydkt.jpg

And who is this big black robot character?
Luc Besson: "His name is K-Tron. He’s a police officer. You can’t even deal with him. You don’t argue with him. He’s not really important in the film, but he’s just like the the military police. Believe me, I have hundreds of these characters like him."
sjfhsfhfshsjethk.jpg

Looks alright.
The male actor looks awful and the suits look fake overdesigned BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom