• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First official off screen gameplay for From Software's Bloodborne (PS4)

So, do we throw duckroll to the werewolves?

Results are only viewable after voting.

duckroll

eternally grateful for this ridiculous tease of gameplay footage but have to complain about the ineptitude of the demonstrator

i mean maybe lock-on targeting isnt implemented yet but ffs could he have at least hit his one shotgun blast

dude playing like everyone does their first few minutes with a souls game

I'm pretty sure that was recorded from Miyazaki's demonstration earlier for the press. If that's the case, then he definitely is the terrible Souls player he has always said he is in interviews. Lol.

What hitbox example are people complaining about? Him killing the first enemy?

His scythe clever thing seems to have a pretty wide swing animation and it clearly hits him.
I have no idea. I didn't see any attack miss that should have hit, in fact I saw attacks hit that should have missed due to whoever was playing completely sucking at aiming their attacks.

Ragdolls are back!
Ragdolls never left, you just couldn't kick them around in DkS2.

seabass0

With all the work they put into this guy's cloak animation, it makes me wonder if the character customization will be more stats based and less appearance based. Or maybe they just have a great cloth physics system and it wasn't that much work to pull off.

The Cloth physics in DkS2 was much improved, and varied across a bunch of different armor sets. I'd be surprised if there weren't different armor sets in Bloodborne. Maybe not as many as Dark Souls, but...

Need dat Fashion Souls.

With all the work they put into this guy's cloak animation, it makes me wonder if the character customization will be more stats based and less appearance based (i.e., this is always your outfit). Or maybe they just have a great cloth physics system and it wasn't that much work to pull off.

(Disregard this if I missed explicit confirmation that there will be lots of different clothing sets.)

Just bad ass cloth physics

sublimit

Banned
Thank God the walking and running animations are like Demon's/Dark 1 and have nothing to do with the shitty animations of DS2.
The leaked footage hinted at that but this basically confirms it.

To those criticizing the quality of the enemy A.I. based on 5 seconds of footage -

Torch guy doesn't get the chance to attack because he got staggered by the first hit, then finished with the second. And the clip was far too short to see what the other guy was about to do. Some enemies across all three games have fairly deliberate swings.

This game is not the only one guilty of this by any stretch of the imagination, but should enemies really be dying by a hit to the ankles?

Fighting games are the worst about this, getting knocked out by a little jab to the knee.

Kieli

2015 is going to be downright disgusting.

Bloodborne, Persona 5, Witcher 3, LoZ, Bayonetta, Pillars of Eternity (no way it doesn't get delayed), and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Hnnnrrggg.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This game is not the only one guilty of this by any stretch of the imagination, but should enemies really be dying by a hit to the ankles?

Fighting games are the worst about this, getting knocked out by a little jab to the knee.

video games

hitbox

hurtbox

Shin

Banned
Thank you.

The wet street and the cloth animations/physics on that character look really good.
And world looks pretty detailed.

Yeah I was staring at the floor while he was moving about, it really looks amazing (despite capture/YouTube/stream and all that).
They nailed the atmosphere in the game and still 8 months more to go...goddamn!

Osaka15

Banned
They should have added decapitation. And I did not see any blood splatter in the gameplay :(. Anyway, looks like a soul game.

Nevermind i saw blood. Bad quality video

chadboban

2015 is going to be downright disgusting.

Bloodborne, Persona 5, Witcher 3, LoZ, Bayonetta, Pillars of Eternity (no way it doesn't get delayed), and Xenoblade Chronicles.

Hnnnrrggg.

Bayo is October. I agree though, 2015 is looking amazing!

I'm not liking this "no shield" aspect, seems like an unnecessary departure from the "Souls" amazing combat; also not liking that it looks like there is no lock on and it's just random swinging...
There will be shields. People are just describing the game in the wrong ways, as if there is a pre-set character who only has a shotgun and a scythe type weapon to use.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
back to the vanilla polls :D

VICI0US

yeesh, framerate looks pretty rough in the in the first half when he's climbing the ladder and running around up top

hopefully they can optimize the game better by launch and we don't wind up with another DS2 situation

Primeau31

i have seen the future. and it is good.

should we throw *alpha build* or *work in progress* to the OP Title to ward off the concern trolls who arent going to buy the game anyway?

Hitting someone in the leg with a cleaver will hurt a lot, probably incapacitating them and, without medical attention, killing them eventually.

Gt preview said godmode was enabled to get through the demo.

Top Bottom