• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Official Picture Of Jared Leto's DAMAGED Joker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senoculum

Awesome look, fresh take, hyper-modern. I'm looking forward to it. The photography definitely looks like Clay Enos, who's worked with Zack Snyder for a few years (and recently captured Bats, Supes, Wondy and Luthor) .

Can't wait to see the other castmembers in their full garb.

Carnby

uRrCCkk.gif

Damage intensifies.

KingK

Ehh, that doesn't look very good to me. Not a fan of the grill or tats. Hopefully he's not shirtless the whole time. I was hoping for an Endgame inspired look. Leto is a good actor so I'll wait to see the performance before final judgment, obviously, but my initial raccoon is disappointment.

Carnby

If Heath Ledger's Joker looked like this, would it have worked? No, it would have still been stupid. Could you imagine this asshole walking into a gang meeting uninvited?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I imagine the Joker sitting in a chair telling someone what tattoo he wants to have, and waiting there as he does his job.

My guess is Harley Quinn is a tattoo artist in this.

thequestion

He looks like a guy trying really hard to be cool, hip and ironic. HAhaha. Funny joke. Look at me everyone, I'm CA--rraaaazyyyyyy!!!!!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, body and face tattoos are pretty common among criminals. Especially ones that directly or indirectly reference crimes.

I don't think peoples' problems lie with the Joker being tattoed (he's been in comics multiple times), but with the silly self-referential nature of the tattoos, showing all kinds of super unnatural quotes from the comics.

The ha-ha-ha is something Joker would write on walls, if even that. Mostly it would be actual art from the comic artists drawn onto a picture of him laughing. The mouths are somewhat silly and also comic references, especially weird since his actual mouth looks nothing like it. And the "damaged' would be totally believable as a 'jail tattoo' done by people without Jokers consent, but for that it's way too artistic and pretty.

These tattoos just don't make any sense at all.

If Heath Ledger's Joker looked like this, would it have worked? No, it would have still been stupid. Could you imagine this asshole walking into a gang meeting uninvited?

This isn't ledgers jokers and believe it or not ledgers joker is pretty Joker-lite. If anything this joker is more similar to the standard comic joker. The tattos are a little on the nose but still.

Vice

I don't think peoples' problems lie with the Joker being tattoed (he's been in comics multiple times), but with the silly self-referential nature of the tattoos, showing all kinds of super unnatural quotes from the comics.

The ha-ha-ha is something Joker would write on walls, if even that. Mostly it would be actual art from the comic artists drawn onto a picture of him laughing. The mouths are somewhat silly and also comic references, especially weird since his actual mouth looks nothing like it. And the "damaged' would be totally believable as a 'jail tattoo' done by people without Jokers consent, but for that it's way too artistic and pretty.

These tattoos just don't make any sense at all.

The Joker is often very self-referential though. The only quotes I see from comics are the laughter and even stuff like getting a literal smile tattoo'd on yourself isn't incredibly unusual. He's a character that's obsessed with crime, jokes and laughter. The tattos are dumb, but people get dumb looking tattoos pretty often. If the Joker were to get tattoos then stupid shit like HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA all over him and smiles on his hands would make more sense than a dragon.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
It is almost like Warner wants me to hate everything about the DC cinematic universe.

Bob White

"Because I'm really messed up you know?...I'm really messed up"

I hope that sticks. The mindset behind the tattoos show the creative team doesn't get Joker at all.

Those tattoos look terrible, like a band playing a concert and wearing their own band shirts.

He might be pretty good, but them tattoos look stupid as hell. Rather a fan of the joker than being the actual joker. Just seems totally silly.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is joker but u can call me t3h cL0Wn oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very damaged!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me _… im 43 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch gotham w/ my girlfreind its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO damaged!!!! shes damaged 2 of course but i want 2 meet more damaged ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein damaged again _^ hehe&#8230;toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

t3h cL0Wn oF d00m

Vice

Those tattoos look terrible, like a band playing a concert and wearing their own band shirts.

He might be pretty good, but them tattoos look stupid as hell. Rather a fan of the joker than being the actual joker. Just seems totally silly.
The Joker is a fan of himself though. It's a prt of the character and has been for years. Dude decorates half his lairs and calling cards with paintings of himself.

Bob White

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is joker but u can call me t3h cL0Wn oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol&#8230;as u can see im very damaged!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me _&#8230; im 43 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch gotham w/ my girlfreind its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO damaged!!!! shes damaged 2 of course but i want 2 meet more damaged ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol&#8230;neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein damaged again _^ hehe&#8230;toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

t3h cL0Wn oF d00m

Just so you don't think no one read this, I did and it's awesome.

Warning: comic book spoiler

I thought Joker was supposed to be an immortal god now?

I thought we were under the assumption that it was just a red herring. Like how The Killing Joke is only one of his potential origin stories. Sort of like the comic version of "Want to know how I got these scars?".

Robot Pants

I mean, I don't think it's great but I'm open minded about it. Everyone shit on Heath ledger before the movie was out. Let's just wait and see.

Heaths joker is so iconic, Leto's pretty much has to be this way in order for it to stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom