• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First official Sony released Resistance 2 shots

ZeroTolerance

104514.jpg

104515.jpg

104516.jpg

104517.jpg

104518.jpg

104519.jpg

I can't believe I am actually posting something from PSU ..

Now all you trolls, go troll somewhere else.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Fuck the graphics.

Resistance turned out to be a surprisingly awesome (for me) FPS, and I'm all for anticipating a fully realized sequel not held back by launch game status.

Amir0x

Banned
sonycowboy said:
I can't think of more than 2 or 3 games that match what we're seeing in these shots. They may turn out to be bullshots, but if not...

really, just one or two

well this conversation can only end badly so - whatever you say, champ! :<

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Posted in the other thread:

Why are there Chimera coming down the ramp of what looks like a human transport plane in the first pic?

Also, looks like the Chimera have some sort of flying drone in one of those pics.

Looks like Chimera have tongues now too - that's the power of a 3rd gen engine for you!

Wow thats a nice upgrade from Resistance 1

Great scale and those big mechs look awesome. Resistance 1 is a rare game that starts good and steadily improves all the way to the end. The game doesn't have dips and it peaks right at the end.

I have high hopes for this sequel. I think it could be really really awesome

Snah

Banned
ZeroTolerance said:

Apparently those clouds have some neat special effects in the background and aren't just plastered on there.

I really hope we see this game in motion and SOON
NOW

Also looks like they're using some nice DOF for the objects way in the background.

madara

Yikes I dont see alot of uncanny yet and there is decent looking beauty in backgrounds without the over the top dark tones, are we sure this is a shooter? I feel so dirty for saying it but it looks interesting so far.

Slavik81

Every day it makes me sadder that there's still so many games I don't buy just because the controls suck. Resistance 2 looks awesome, but I won't be buying it. Wish I was, though.

Support keyboard and mouse.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm personally way more excited for this than Killzone 2... and I don't even have a PS3 yet :(

ZeroTolerance

kay said:
believe :(

You serious man ? How can you compare these two ? I would not be heated if it was even an official pic...but a fucking scan ? a mothefucking scan son ? ..come onnnnnnnn...:lol

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Yeah, like the PS3 can do that much AA. :(

Hmmm... Its a huge leap up from the last game. Very impressive. The lighting looks much better too. That annoyed the hell out of me in the last game, horrible weird diffuse lighting.

Oh, huge alien walking tank things are always good in my book. :lol

Wollan

Absolutely incredible looking. Best looking console game considering the scale.

The shot with the two Goliaths... pure beauty. Nordic flora & fauna no less.

Snah

Banned
I don't think I'v seen image quality look this good. Seriously. Insomniac are image quality GODS. Everything in the background looks so smooth and clear. Ratchet kicked it up a notch, and R2 looks to kick it even higher.

Dante

Router said:
Bullshots, as usual. :(

Hmmm... Its a huge leap up from the last game. Very impressive. The lighting looks much better too. That annoyed the hell out of me in the last game, horrible weird diffuse lighting.

Oh, huge alien walking tank things are always good in my book. :lol

I remember similar things being said about the first Ratchet shots :lol

Top Bottom