• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First official Sony released Resistance 2 shots

ukiraros

ZeroTolerance said:
You serious man ? How can you compare these two ? I would not be heated if it was even an official pic...but a fucking scan ? a mothefucking scan son ? ..come onnnnnnnn...:lol

I believe he meant that he hopes Final Fantasy XIII will come out this year.

Zeke

they look great I can't wait until they release some game play footage. Insomniac is really on the ball. I hope it plays as good as it looks.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Dante said:
I remember similar things being said about the first Ratchet shots :lol

Yeah, I removed the "Bullshot" part because it can turn things ugly. Just the AA and a few other things to make the screens look cleaner. It doesn't take away from the technical achievement they have kicked out though.

A few ugly ass textures though, game is still early so its not a problem.

Do we have a release date for this yet?

Ok, after looking through those shots again, they have to be touched up, right?

Logic is telling me these are in game (some low poly rocks, vegetation has an "ingame" look to it), but I can't really believe my eyes. There has to be some shenanigans, right?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Of course they are bullshits as in they probably have insane levels of AA and AF that won't be found in the final product, but the game will still look amazing even with some jaggies.

Dante

Router said:
Yeah, I removed the "Bullshot" part because it can turn things ugly. Just the AA and a few other things to make the screens look cleaner. It doesn't take away from the technical achievement they have kicked out though.

IQ is one area Insomniac seems to have nailed.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amir0x said:
really, just one or two

well this conversation can only end badly so - whatever you say, champ! :<

So, you pick up your PS3 yet?

Hrmm?

Hrmm?

ZeroTolerance

18lkbo.jpg

"Say what fuckers ? I iz coming"

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
FilosopherStoner said:

Logic is telling me these are in game (some low poly rocks, vegetation has an "ingame" look to it), but I can't really believe my eyes. There has to be some shenanigans, right?

Yeah, they have the usual stuff to make the screens look better.

Snah

Banned
Router said:

Ratchet looked pretty much identical to the official media.

Obviously, it's not going to be 1080p resolution, so that's the only main difference.

bud said:
the lighting's pretty nice. and the fourth pic does kinda look like artwork--the sky and the planes in the background look like they're painted.

I think that's just from the DoF effect. In the GI article they said everything in the background of that shot was geometry. Clouds are procedurally animated. Cant wait to see this sucker in motion.

kay

FilosopherStoner said:

They are all rendered at high resolutions like 3840x2160 or even higher, that's it. Ratchet was the same.

bounchfx

wow, good job overhyping the graphics in the other thread.

consider me let down.

still going to get this though, for sure.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Gears talk on page 2 and now it has moved onto "graphics am letdown total@!" talk. Good job GAF. Never disappoint.

michaeld

Banned
I hope the size of the level (pic of mountains in the background) isn't misleading like in Halo 3. I hated that. Before Halo 3 all we heard about was how huge the levels were, I hope R2 can deliver on that.

Zeke

Slavik81 said:
Every day it makes me sadder that there's still so many games I don't buy just because the controls suck. Resistance 2 looks awesome, but I won't be buying it. Wish I was, though.

Support keyboard and mouse.
Well that sucks for you then. I still can't believe people get hung up on the whole kb/m support.

Mifune

Mehmber
Yeah I really thought a couple of those were artwork. Because if they're not...WOW.

I know it's been said about a billion tiimes, but it really is amazing how one company punps out these great games every year.

xaosslug

kaching said:
Posted in the other thread:

Why are there Chimera coming down the ramp of what looks like a human transport plane in the first pic?

Also, looks like the Chimera have some sort of flying drone in one of those pics.

Looks like Chimera have tongues now too - that's the power of a 3rd gen engine for you!

from the MASSIVE reaveal thread pg. 62:

jstevenson said:

Top Bottom