• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Resident Evil : Darkside Chronicles trailer !

DAYYYYYYUM.

Love the RE2 setting, extra blood, the RE2 setting (there was a little bit of RECV and what could be the new scenario at the end of the trailer) and the Battlestar Galacti-cam.

Haunted

Someone set the bobbing cam sensitivity to 58.

Out of 10.

Looks pretty nice. RE2 scenario means it's already better than UC. :D

Ydahs

One of the best looking Wii games to date. Like a couple other upcoming games, it looks "next-gen" in SD.

Judging by graphics, Capcom is certainly putting effort into it, so let us hope the gameplay is up to scratch and is much improved from REUC.

zoukka

In once scene a zombie clearly cast a decent shadow on the wall. Nice.

But the RE2 scenario shows it's age. And the high poly baldy-nemesis doesn't look scary :/ Still looking good though.

Akai

zoukka said:
In once scene a zombie clearly cast a decent shadow on the wall. Nice.

But the RE2 scenario shows it's age. And the high poly baldy-nemesis doesn't look scary :/ Still looking good though.

Well that's to be expected...He's just a big bald guy in a trench coat... ='D

It's not until later on that he sheds his human exterior and you get more familiar Tyrant look with spikes and et cetera...

cvxfreak

The voice actors do sound like Paul Mercier and Alyson Court at times, but not in others. It's probably them, though.

I can't tell who's voicing Ada though.

Cimarron

Nice! Can't wait! Wish it was a non-shooter though. But then gain one of the reasons why I bought a Wii was for light gun games. Now if the would only give Code Veronica some remake love. While there at it for the love of all that is good in the world could we please get some damn Barry action. Just one damn side story starring at the very least. Geesh!

Davey Cakes

Xav said:
Is it wrong that as a Resident Evil fan I'm more interested in buying this than Resident Evil 5?
Not at all.

I played my share of Resident Evil 5. It's a good game, but it's not the end-all-be-all of Resident Evil games. I'd easily put REmake, RE2, and RE4 above it. And, since this new game is a retelling of RE2, even if it is in the form of a rail-shooter, as an RE fan I say "bring it on."

Not only that, but....Leon's in it. What more needs to be said?

BikoBiko

At first I was a bit skeptical about yet another railshooter, but I have to say it looks pretty nice, interested now.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/977/977159p1.html
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/1432...nicles/videos/redarksidechron_trl_042709.html

Tons of new screenshots: http://media.wii.ign.com/media/143/14328873/imgs_1.html

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-20090428064126610.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-20090428064130610.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-20090428064133016.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-20090428064138391.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-20090428064140688.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-20090428064144032.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-20090428064146547.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-20090428064148735.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-20090428064332187.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-20090428064337921.jpg

resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-20090428064346453.jpg

Man, maybe Capcom are using Darkside to fund RE2make for the Wii, of which they're partway done and are just using the assets in this game.

ezekial45

Banned
Mr. Pointy said:
Man, maybe Capcom are using Darkside to fund RE2make for the Wii, of which they're partway done and are just using the assets in this game.

They're just gonna make another light game if this sells well.

ezekial45 said:
They're just gonna make another light game if this sells well.
Why would they? Capcom have used all the RE games for their shooters, expect for RE4, RE5 and the Survivor games. Oh wait...

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
borghe said:
no. RE4Wii really changed the face of RE, even more than RE4 originally did on GCN. Even I haven't picked up RE5 yet, but I have no question that had RE5 come out for Wii I would have snagged it day one. On what is essentially a shooter (albeit it slower paced one), going back to dual analog controls is definitely a step backward. A game that goes back to the gun shooting concept, even if a light gun game only, holds more appeal to me then going back to a standard dual analog third person shooter.
RE4 Wii's controls were great but they made the game easy as fuck.

I'll admit that RE5 with pointer controls and enemies as fast, plentiful, and agressive as the first RE5 trailers let on would have been the best case scenario. Given what the Dead Rising port turned into, though, I have my doubts that the Wii could have handled that.

Taker666

Looks really great..

...and is yet another depressing reminder of what a real Resident Evil game could look like on Wii if they could be bothered to make one.

Shig said:
Though I have my doubts that the Wii could handle that much going on at once, given what the Dead Rising port turned into and all.
It was a shit port. Oneechanbara Wii can do more zombies on screen.

Blueblur1

Wow, the additional screens are fantastic. I'm starting to get excited for this.

I'm trying to avoid the term "hyped." Its ridiculously overused.
:p

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If that's the ingame framerate you can count me out. The horrendous FPS of Umbrella Chronicles was one of the big things that killed that game for me. If a game is going to revolve around moving a pointer on the screen, you need the game to be smooth and fluid.

That framerate is appalling.

cvxfreak

I've been looking at screens from Outbreak and the first UC, and the overall texture work of the RPD looks a bit different. If they're reusing assets, they're definitely not lifting them directly and unchanged.

Top Bottom