• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Uncharted 2: Among Thieves review (bet you can't guess the score)

Thrakier

Hurhur, U2 is so good that even ze Edge and ze Eurogamer will be forced to give a 8 out of 10. Hurhur.

- best Graphics
- best cinematics
- coolest characters
- great gameplay and sp campaign
- best online-modes coop and comp
- tons of features

Game of the Gen. For sure.

tehbear

I have raised my own standards past these divisible rating systems. I only buy games that are 10 / 0 now. No error, no sale.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Thrakier said:
Hurhur, U2 is so good that even ze Edge and ze Eurogamer will be forced to give a 8 out of 10. Hurhur.

- best Graphics
- best cinematics
- coolest characters
- great gameplay and sp campaign
- best online-modes coop and comp
- tons of features

Game of the Gen. For sure.

Coolest characters? Oh man, I'm sold.

StuBurns

Banned
As stupid as it initially sounds, it's not insane. If you think of something like MGS4, that got reviewed as stand alone game, as did MGO in a couple of applications, in those cases as a single game it would have broken the scale.

stuburns said:
As stupid as it initially sounds, it's not insane. If you think of something like MGS4, that got reviewed as stand alone game, as did MGO in a couple of applications, in those cases as a single game it would have broken then scale.
but in MGS4 case, wouldnt that have hurt it......

ElFly

McLovin said:
Its not stupid... what do you score a game if its way better then the last 20/20 game you reviewed?

20/20

With your "reasoning", by the time Uncharted 3 drops, it will receive 22/20

eznark

Banned
ElFly said:
20/20

With your "reasoning", by the time Uncharted 3 drops, it will receive 22/20
Are you saying Uncharted 3 won't be the pinnacle of what man can create? Fucking x-bots I swear.

eznark

Banned
Leam said:
Dont be a fool, what about Uncharted 4? Starring Old Drake
Our brains, in our current evolutionary state, cannot handle a 4th Uncharted game from the flawless super-beings at Naughty Dog. President Obama will cancel the game citing national security reasons.

slipknot2009

Neo Member
"I'ma let you finish, but Uncharted 2 is gonna be one of the the best games of all time."

I wouldn't be surprised to see IGN's review up in a few days. Wouldn't surprise me if it's a 10.

Calcaneus

Its reviews like this that make me long for the day that scores stop dominating game reviews. 21/20 is a joke and people are still defending it.

What kind of grading scale goes to 20 anyway?

Not one I'm interested in, that's for sure! :p

Nah, but I will wait to review the game myself! Any other review is bull crap!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I dunno how Naughty Dog continues to do it time after time, but this has me incredibly hyped, even if it is a cheesy score.

McLovin

Calcaneus said:
Its reviews like this that make me long for the day that scores stop dominating game reviews. 21/20 is a joke and people are still defending it.
No one really takes that score seriously.. I see it as a 20/20. It's funny that you have to go out of your way to point that out.

You just know one of the major U.S. game critics and/or Eurogamer is going to give Uncharted 2 a 7 or 8/10 now just because of this review. There is always one critic that has to take a piss on the consistently reviewed titles every year. I'll enjoy reading their slanted and nitpicky reviews though. What will be even funnier is watching some of the usual suspects randomly show up in the Uncharted 2 threads defending the critic backpedaling. But on-topic: FUCK YES Uncharted 2 is living up to the hype it seems.

Top Bottom