• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First vendor with custom PS5 plates

Rossco EZ

can’t lie it does look really fucking good in matte black :messenger_smiling_hearts:

pRuLK4u.jpg

swh9pwx.jpg

jOfYDEi.jpg

jigglet

Banned
can’t lie it does look really fucking good in matte black :messenger_smiling_hearts:

pRuLK4u.jpg

swh9pwx.jpg

jOfYDEi.jpg

Gloss is and has always been utter dog shit trash. You ever realise how the first gen of many consoles has gloss all over it, then the 2nd and subsequent versions all revert back to matte? Gloss = looks better in marketing / hype / promo shit. Matte = better in every other scenario. Fuck gloss. Fuck capacitive buttons. Fuck all these fancy-pants crap that they KNOW well in advance is going to be ripped out the moment they have the opportunity.

Last edited:

Rossco EZ

Gloss is and has always been utter dog shit trash. You ever realise how the first gen of many consoles has gloss all over it, then the 2nd and subsequent versions all revert back to matte? Gloss = looks better in marketing / hype / promo shit. Matte = better in every other scenario. Fuck gloss. Fuck capacitive buttons. Fuck all these fancy-pants crap that they KNOW well in advance is going to be ripped out the moment they have the opportunity.
yeah i agree, i think on my OG PS4 it got scratched just by me placing my controller on top of my console a few times.

turtlepowa

Banned
With that much plastic real estate on this beast, it might be tempting to actually wait for a special edition system with an interesting design. The base design is pretty hideous.
I don't think we will see many special editions. I think Sony made the base models ugly on purpose to sell plates like these. But maybe i'm wrong and Sony won't sell plates at all.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
Nice.
I want matte black but need to find a UK supplier. I'm glad the plates are easy to swap. Will want a black controller as well though.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
It’s amazing takes the Internet mins to fix PS5 ugly design, what proper color selection can do for ya.

They say they are shipping November 12. Do they already have the dimensions? How can they release well fitting plates without precise measurements before the physical PS5 release?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
They say they are shipping November 12. Do they already have the dimensions? How can they release well fitting plates without precise measurements before the physical PS5 release?

maybe they got the CAD for the original plates? iPhone cases show up before iPhones are out

turtlepowa

Banned
Maybe they know the PS5 manufactorer, maybe it's even made in the same factory, maybe they got their hands on a PS5.

Last edited:

Iced Arcade

Man this system is going to make it easy for Sony to do special editions easy.

Love the idea of custom plates, I had dozens for the 360.

FrankWza

a few people have answered but I’ll add that this is the reason I’ll wait for something official or for someone else to test. The faceplate design on the PS5 is built a certain way with cooling in mind. Any messing with that may lead to somehow blocking airflow.

MiguelItUp

It'd be funny if Sony was planning on revealing officials ones and these guys stole their thunder, lol.

Cool nonetheless. The matte black is solid.

Kokoloko85

is it ok to want both of these options? Is that too greedy? I want both. I want a GT7 LE plate that makes the PS5 look like a car. Chrome and black with a GT stripe

If they are easy to remove why not have both? And more lol
I hope they have official ones based on games they release/ limited edition etc

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
PS5 is still huge, but it will look SO much better with one of those custom faceplates. That bright white plastic is so ugly & cheap looking. It will be much less obtrusive in black, but the chrome one is kind of cool looking too.

Top Bottom