• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First vendor with custom PS5 plates

Klayzer

Gold Member
platestation 5...custom has no limits....

_tmeVa.gif
That's a tasty burger! Is he a bitch? Say what again mutherfucker! Classic Samuel, from a heavily quoted classic movie.

Fbh

It's renders so time will tell how the actual finished product will look like.

But just based on those renders...damn, pretty much all of them look nicer than the official design lol

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
lol @ anyone who orders these

Unless you are just rich and bored or something.

You have no clue what the actual end product will look like or if you'll get anything at all... good luck with your credit card companies. They don't even claim to have ever produced any other products on their web site, could be a 100% scam.

If you do get something, when do you think these people would even be able to produce something? They'll need both models to be able to create the 3d models they need to 3d print anything.. and who knows if they know WTF they ae doing.

INC

Gold Member
always black, now you see it, you realise how cheap white makes the ps5 look

theyre missing a trick, if they dont let you use a custom colour for the led as well (sony......please)

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Last edited:

Pallas

That black looks amazing... I also like the red and blue plates as well.

I can see Sony selling custom plates of their favorite IP’s, and potential content for collector edition of future games from first and third partydevelopers/publishers.

YCoCg

Gold Member
The plate itself looks easy to work with, if you don't like the white just get some sand paper and spray paint and make it whatever colour you want.

ZywyPL

Banned
yeah it’s very clean in that finish! did you not manage to get a pre order?

Nah, after PS4/XB1 generation I don't trust the consoles anymore, I need to see them first hand in the store, play a bit, read the press/user reviews, and then I'll make up my mind to either get them or not. I'll get a free XSX somewhere in December due to recent LG GX deal, but I don't even know if I'll keep it or sell.

Soodanim

These look really nice. Thanks for sharing.

It’s baffling that Sony isn’t releasing a black PS5.
Think of all the official faceplates they will sell! And they put a white one on to encourage sales.

How many will spray paint their panels day one?

kyoji

ordered the black matte plates, they are selling like hot cakes on that website, i hope they can/are ready to meet demand.

wipeout364

It’s too bad they are not official it would be nice to have PS5 etched in them. The Black looks so much better than the white. Especially with the blue light strip.

The Alien

Banned
The black almost makes this look decent.
(Actually the blue isn't bad either).

Anything other than white. Its almost like its throwing its privilege in our face.

Rossco EZ

Nah, after PS4/XB1 generation I don't trust the consoles anymore, I need to see them first hand in the store, play a bit, read the press/user reviews, and then I'll make up my mind to either get them or not. I'll get a free XSX somewhere in December due to recent LG GX deal, but I don't even know if I'll keep it or sell.
ah i see, that’s fair enough then. & that’s the deal in Poland right?

skneogaf

They will have to buy a ps5 then take measurements of the plates, then start the process of making them etc.

ReBurn

Gold Member
They only had renders on the site last time I looked so I figured it was a scam. But when I get a PS5 I would definitely put matte black faceplates on it.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I get that Sony was going for a visual brand, one that started with PSVR:

3xkDASW.jpg

But a single color swap should never make a system look this much better. They missed the target on this one, imo, even if it does look somewhat good in white (upright).

BTHR Zero X

So I sent the link to my friend (UK) and he order some, just got an email saying

"We're sorry, but we will be unable to fulfill your ordered due to design trademark laws in your country."

and they gave him a full refund.

Like WTF, I mean that sounds shady as hell.

Last edited:

saintjules

So I sent the link to my friend (UK) and he order some, just got an email saying

"We're sorry, but we will be unable to fulfill your order due to design trademark laws in your country."

and they gave him a full refund.

Like WTF, I mean that sounds shady as hell.

Well if he got the refund so that's good at least.

I ordered the Matte Black before their site went down. They were able to re-confirm my order so that's good at least. They had a trademark issue with Sony. Why that wasn't ironed out prior to launch is anyone's guess.

This is the team and they've been re-tweeted by some known people in the industry. So for now they're OK by me.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I made two orders from Platstation and they were both refunded.

"We're sorry, but we will be unable to fulfill your order due to design trademark laws in your country" United States

Last edited:
Top Bottom