• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Viva Piñata shots and info! TOO CUTE!

Akira

I hope the pinatas in the game don't talk like in that promotional video. The horse is already the one I hate the most. The crocodile and the duck are cute. :D

Akira said:
I hope the pinatas in the game don't talk like in that promotional video. The horse is already the one I hate the most. The crocodile and the duck are cute. :D

The show characters are not on the same "half" of "Pinata Island" so, hopefully, we won't have to deal with them. Just the same specieses of them.

Xdrive05

Akira said:

I think you're supposed to hate the horse, like he's supposed to be the annoying character of the bunch. But it's hard to tell as they pretty much all seemed wierd and annoying to some degree.

I kind of expect the game to turn out really good, but as far as the show goes... well, we'll see I guess.

Foil

f_elz said:
So the game might launch with the show in Sept.?

IGN says November. Which will make it 3 games on the 360 from Rare in a one year. Never thought I'd see that, though we'll see if it actually makes it's release date.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I like those shots a lot.

Is it wrong to say I'd love to see a next-gen Donkey Kong game look like that?

qcf x2

The game looks pretty interesting, but the show is aimed at kids? There was some rather suggestive stuff in the video, and I don't think parents of elementary school kids are going to want them running around and saying "oh fudge."

Also, the game's colors look a bit dark for a happy fun adventure island thing.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
What?

What the hell?

Rare goes straight from "WE KNOW NOT THIS "ART" YOU SPEAK OF!" to /this/?

I fucking /love/ the look of this thing. Holy shit.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks killer, i really dig the underlaying ecology theme (hope its fairly complex), but i'd be embrassed to play this :p

wait a sec... this is going to be free!?

7Th

Art design, concept and graphics look pretty good, the personality they're trying to give the franchise... not so much, even for a kids targeted show I really don't expect it to be big. I have hopes for the game though.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
People saying there aren't any kid games on Xbox should, like, GO BUY A PS2! Do we really need this game from Rare? Answer = no.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
KDups said:
People saying there aren't any kid games on Xbox should, like, GO BUY A PS2! Do we really need this game from Rare? Answer = no.

ummm, isnt that the point MS is addressing? if there arent any kid titles on the system, MS doesnt want those people buying a ps2. jesus man, think!

BuG

Hmm, and what's the deal with the incest in the video... the first time that little thing lost his "candy" and his grandpa walks in and eats up his "candy"? The little guy even admits as to how messed up it is.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ha, I thought this was some kind of GAF-in joke thread name, but to see the actual game was a nice surprise. Very nice looking indeed! I love the "paper shading". In fact my initial thought was that the visual style somehow has more character to it than characters themselves (if that makes any sense). I have no idea what the game will end up to be, but it has me visually intrigued for sure.

I liked the video. Its teh matuure! "I didnt know what was happening. I was going to lock my room so my parents could come in, but then my grampa did. And he ate my candy."

Ew.

Also:

"Donkey Kong Racing/Sabreman Stampede"

What? When was it anounced that the game wasnt completely canned?

Also, I want the damn GBA/DS team to anounce something. Whats the last game they worked on?

Donkey Kong Country 3 and Its Mr Pants right?

Gigglepoo

KDups said:

You realize Rare has made significantly more "kids" games than "mature" titles, right? Or do you only know about Perfect Dark? Viva Pinata is realy what Rare is best at - take ideas from other games, mix in their own graphic style and humor, and serve. This is what I, as a Rare fan, not only want from them but expect.

Who the hell wants sequels anyway?

jamesinclair said:
"Donkey Kong Racing/Sabreman Stampede"

What? When was it anounced that the game wasnt completely canned?

It wasn't a question of whether a game was canned, it was a question of what this "team" (whether it's even a team anymore) is doing. I think the Kameo credits reference help from the "Stampede" team, so there is still some relevance to the name maybe.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Gigglepoo said:
Who the hell wants sequels anyway?

I'd trade a hundred original Rare titles for a JFG sequel. I want a new DKR and B-K too. Others would ask for Blast Corps. People never shut up about KI.

So...lots of people.

M3wThr33

Banned
I look at these and all I see are a nice engine. Rare's never had an issue making stuff look nice. Conker and SFA had great fur-shading effects.
GAMEPLAY is where it suffers and as of right now I have no clue what the hell you even do in the game.

Edit:
Gardening?
Sorry, I like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossng, but this doesn't seem to jive with that.

M3wThr33

Banned
Link is 404. It better be a hell of a lot like Animal Crossing, or I hate all of you for calling anything non-violent, Animal Crossing.

I dunno, game looks good.. looks like kameo engine mixed with the engine used on conkers furry tail :p

(whatever that means.. :))

I just hate the concept somewhat.. :/

M3wThr33

Banned
I don't get it. This isn't a GOD DAMN BIT LIKE ANIMAL CROSSING. ARGH! What the HELL is it with you people?
If anything it's like a Harvest ZOO.

this looks SO awesome!!

microsoft is smart to at least try with games like this. the kids market is HUGE and i'm surprised that only nintendo seems to focus so strongly on them up until now.

Suerte

Isn't this a slight modification of the concept they were going to put into the XBox 360 dashboard? Something like you grew a garden and the more game saves you had, the bigger it got? I think Nintendo were also going to do something similar IIRC...

Suerte said:
Isn't this a slight modification of the concept they were going to put into the XBox 360 dashboard? Something like you grew a garden and the more game saves you had, the bigger it got? I think Nintendo were also going to do something similar IIRC...

sonic_screen009.jpg

sonic_screen031.jpg

Top Bottom