• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Wii Screens of 007: Quantum of Solace - Eye Bleeding Commences NOW!

Bust Nak

tabsina said:
seems they are having some trouble photoshopping the 360/PS3/PS2 water into the wii screens
I prefer the carpet water vs PS2 water but I don't like how clean the HD water version looks, it's WAY too clean.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Clearly they're trying to follow the success of Mega Man 9.

gimmmick

Gazunta said:
2cz6lcn.jpg

:lol

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Oh man, I originally was viewing this thread on my iPhone and I honestly didn't think that the screens looked that bad. Now that we're back on an HD monitor... :<

scitek

Regardless of whether or not this game turns out to be shit, the sheer lack of Uncharted/Gears of War-like games, where you take cover and pop out and shoot enemies, is just a shame. The controller is perfect for it.

later said:
First ten minutes of the wii version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuXmDvGhOX0

(Looks better)
Needs direct feed footage to really tell. Off-screen footage can mask bad textures, and make the lighting look more impressive than it really is.

EDIT: Okay, the guy crouching behind the table looking around while the player is standing in front of him trying to do a melee move is funny. Don't forgot guys, this IS a licensed game.

EmCeeGramr said:
Needs direct feed footage to really tell. Off-screen footage can mask bad textures, and make the lighting look more impressive than it really is.

Yea, but you can anyway clearly see, that this is not the game that those screenshots from hell have predicted before....:D

CTLance

Those Ghost Squad lookalike close combat QTEs stay on far too long... breaks the flow.

Edit: Oh yeah, obligatory (Looks better).

The lighting actually looks pretty good, but as EmCeeGramr said off-screen footage can sometimes mask the truth.

Hopefully we see some direct-feed stuff soon for a more accurate judgement.

Even though the water throw rug caught my eye initially, going through this thread again, I noticed the guy lokking around the corner in the original looks like his gun is coming out of his eye :lol

markatisu

You mean a Wii game looks better in motion that via screenshots, surely all of you jest because that has never happened before (saying this as sarcastically as possible)

Makes you wonder if the people who release the screenshots even look at them before doing so, because its like they get paid to find the ugliest, nastiest ones possible or they add some much post-enhancement they look super fake.

DreD

ProfessorLobo said:
Game looks a lot better, but now I'm worried about the controls. They look Red-Steely.

The dev team apparently "retro-engineered" Medal of Honor Heroes 2 controls.

Pseudo_Sam

Survives without air, food, or water
Scrubking said:
All the people who filled up the first 7 pages have mysteriously not shown up anymore.

I see no reason why anyone would have to take anything back. Those screens were pure ass.

Ydahs

Game looks much better! The difference is phenomenal.

One thing that surprised me was the lighting and shadowing. It seems rare to find a Wii game with good shadows these days.

KevinCow

Banned
Um. Am I the only one who thinks the game still looks like ass? I mean sure it looks better, but it's still pretty bad. Water's still a blue rug, for instance, an effect that is considerably worse when it's a lake instead of a pool.

Jethro

There is some serious awesomeness in this game. One of the 7 MP-Maps is Facilty! Basic structure is the same, but got some advancements.

Someone had posted his impression on the Wii-Version of the game on a german board.

Top Bottom