• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Wii Screens of 007: Quantum of Solace - Eye Bleeding Commences NOW!

Roi

later said:
First ten minutes of the wii version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuXmDvGhOX0

(Looks better)

CrushedEsteem.gif

wtf that looks great! :D

bdouble

daCuk said:
Well, it seems some GAFers are looking for rocks to hide under...

as markatsui mentioned this happens with almost every single Wii game. I admit even I laughed at these ones though. They take such horrible shots and then in motion it all smooths out and looks much better. D:DoC was a huge difference.

Haunted

Wii screenshots make Gamecube screenshots look like perfect representations of the in-game action.

Never seen a console where the difference between screens and videos is consistently that large and noticeable.

Still a no-buy, since I thought the PC demo was shit.

Gwanatu T

That YouTube video at least makes it look decent though, WORLDS better than the screens. I'm sure a higher quality video would help, but still.

Yeah, game still looks like a huge, moist shitmop. The lighting in the green house level fooled me, cuz of the low quality youtube.

Nevar again.

Gwanatu T

The-Switcher said:
Yeah, game still looks like a huge, moist shitmop. The lighting in the green house level fooled me, cuz of the low quality youtube.

Nevar again.

Yeah, well, how's the gameplay?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I refuse to believe this is real.

Cipherr

Scrubking said:
All the people who filled up the first 7 pages have mysteriously not shown up anymore.

Hey my comment was completely justified, Ill admit the videos look like it might actually be fun. But I wasnt trolling the quality of the gameplay, I was having at the awful water texture, and Ill stand behind that till the end. Even Mario 64 had water that looked better than that outside of the castle back in the day. It looked horrid in that screenshot.

kinggroin

Banned
Quick impressions:

Online:
Multi is fun (especially playing on the old N64 facility stage wth a few other people).
Controls online are perfect, and the game runs at 60fps. It looks a little better than a dreamcast game though :p There was zero lag, but not that many options (like weapon set and such) from what I could tell.

Offline:
Crappy framerate (can go up to 60fps and as low as the teens) makes what otherwise would have been great controls, pretty sloppy. The audio is absolutely horrid (especially funny is the delay in death yells after an enemy is killed) and the graphics are all over the place. Sometimes it looks very nice (the intro garden, greenhouse and one night level), and then almost N64 in quality (inside mansion, basement and on rooftops). The QTE's are kinda cool, but look absolutely stupid because of the retarded audio (feels like I'm playing N64 Mission Impossible) and visual glitches (Bond's hands clipping through body parts and environments).

Forgot to check if there's offline multi btw, sorry.

Kibbles

I thought Treyarch was bragging about how good their games will look on the Wii... wtf is this?!

quantum-of-solace-20081031023749897.jpg

Call of Duty 4: Wii! Oh wait...

MiniDitka

donny2112 said:
Advanced Sensitivity has a freaking huge dead zone. What are the chances that Custom Sensitivity allows reducing the dead zone to well below Advanced?

uvs081104-003.jpg

uvs081104-004.jpg

This game(Wii version) is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

donny2112

MiniDitka said:
uvs081104-004.jpg

This game(Wii version) is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Thanks for the picture. Very disappointing. :(

On the bright side, it makes me even more look forward to The Conduit's custom controlling capability. :lol

donny2112

I finished watching the first 10-minute video on YouTube in hi-quality, and

* graphics are "better than typical 3rd-party GameCube and barely passable" except for the water
* really like the cover system
* lack of sufficient control options kills it

I was still considering picking this up for the eventual $20 until the lack of control options became so obvious. It's been two years since launch and over a year since Metroid Prime 3. You'd think FPS developers on Wii would know how to do passable controls on Wii by now. :/

Bring on The Conduit, SEGA! :D

freddy

Banned
I think I'll pass on this one, Mr. Bond, on any platform.

donny2112 said:
Does anyone know if Call of Duty: World at War Wii has better controller sensitivity settings than this?

Here's what I've seen from Bozon at IGN:

Control options for World at War seem to fit somewhere between Treyarch's COD3, and Heroes 2, as the game has a few pre-sets for the cursor's bounding box, turn sensitivity, and motion control detection. Unlike Heroes 2 and Conduit though, those setting are - as we mentioned - presets, so you'll only have a few different options in tweaking it. We instantly tightened everything as much as possible to get a better feel for the max sensitivity, and while it worked well enough for us to navigate and battle it out on the field, it could still be much, much tighter, and we'd be lying if we said it didn't affect our game at least a bit. With what little time is left in the game's development, we'd highly suggest that Treyarch boots up Heroes 2 again, cranks up the sensitivity in that game, and then adjusts their range of cursor control accordingly.

IGN said:
We've had areas in the game that were nearly impossible to beat due to lag, with the screen dropping to two to three frames per second at times, and with IR control following suit, every dip in performance means a loss in control.
Two to three frames per second? :lol :lol :lol

jrricky

Banned
Stabby McSter said:
wow, you preordered it?
Yeah, expected another Everything or Nothing stroll. Now Im really disappointed.

EDIT:What the hell was I thinking, EA made Everything or Nothing and Treyarch/Activision took the license to mess it up. :/

MiniDitka said:
I like how it's just a random scene with nothing going on. This just screams quality :lol .

Judging by the demo the game is shit anyways, regardless of slowdown or bad gfx (not that they're good with everything cranked up on PC though).

Top Bottom