• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Xbox One S impressions from a lucky Norwegian

If it's silent when playing games too that would be really nice. Shame the regular PS4 won't get such an update - hopefully the PS4 Neo is quieter and cooler though.

Xenoflare

Even though I know it's still bigger than a PS4, I still wanna see a direct comparison.

How does it compare to a PS3 slim? That's the console on my table right now.

Edit: Oh the important question, how much actual free space is on that 2TB drive?

etta

my hard graphic balls
The controller isn't exactly the same as Xbox One?
It's got enhanced range, Bluetooth, grips, and from the looks of it the sticks are very slightly shorter, but I can't be certain on that.
Oh boo, its only a single disc too. When do they usually bring out more 360 games that can run on the one?
They release games to backward compatibilty very regularly, almost on a weekly basis. Like I edited in the first post, it's got 12,000 votes so I am sure they are aware it is in demand.

It's impressive that they managed to reduce the size as much as they did (when you consider there isn't a massive power brick anymore), but I honestly don't like the look. A lot of that comes down to it being white. I feel like it just accentuates all the exhaust holes (or whatever they are).

Tommi84

The controler looks awesome and I'd buy it if I had a gaming PC, but seriously the design of Box itself is horrible and seriously can't comprehend who'd want it in the living room.

gamz

The controler looks awesome and I'd buy it if I had a gaming PC, but seriously the design of Box itself is horrible and seriously can't comprehend who'd want it in the living room.

I want it in my living room and make love to it. It's sexy as hell!

Peltz

Ugh, the top view is not very pleasing XD

But otherwise it looks so good. It's amazing how close it is from the xbone, but at the same time looking sexy whereas xbone was a very boring design.
Looks like an onboard speaker rather than ventilation. Of course, I know better.

jelly

Really hate the holes with the distinction of the fan gaps. Just because it's white I presume, black wouldn't show it?

Not a deal breaker, never going to see the top in the shelf.

It's got enhanced range, Bluetooth, grips, and from the looks of it the sticks are very slightly shorter, but I can't be certain on that.

They release games to backward compatibilty very regularly, almost on a weekly basis. Like I edited in the first post, it's got 12,000 votes so I am sure they are aware it is in demand.

But not Bluetooth for Bluetooth headphones/earpieces though, right?

Rich!

I dunno, the clearly viewable fan cutout (when viewed from the top) is kind of a bummer. That shit is hidden perfectly in the current Xbone.

nope, I love that

I think it's very aesthetically pleasing, in an almost retro 70s sort of way. The entire console has a really sleek flair to it, and speaking as someone who has absolutely no interest in buying an xbone, it's vastly superior in looks to the PS4

awaits the dogpiling from sony fans

RdN

Looks really good.

I don't see a reason to upgrade my Xbone to the Slim. The current one performs great, dead silent and with an external HDD plugged in, I have no worries about space.

The only gain would be HDR, but I don't have a compatible TV and have absolutely no plans to buy a new one anytime soon.

I am, however, very interested in the new controller. I think we all know how much of an issue the current Xbox One controller is right now, with a lot of reliability issues, mainly the dreaded drift in the thumbsticks.

If this new model is able to fix these issues, it will be a must buy as soon as it's available as a stand alone product (and maybe even an Elite version of it).

molnizzle

nope, I love that

You love... this?

microsoft-xbox-one-s-comparison-to-old-xbox-7354-007.jpg

The circular fan cut-out is so bad. Wish it blended like the current bone.

ss_lemonade

So I haven't really been keeping up with this revision but why does it not look as small as that one comparison image that appeared when the S was announced?

1924825_0.jpg

Or was that just a fake mockup?

CrayToes

So I haven't really been keeping up with this revision but why does it not look as small as that one comparison image that appeared when the S was announced?

1924825_0.jpg

Wow, you should make a thread. MS deserves more flak for this.

c0de

1924825_0.jpg

Misleading. There was a thread of shame about it.

Guess Who

Banned

1924825_0.jpg

Microsoft should've gotten more flak for that image.

EDIT: God dammit.

Noobcraft

1924825_0.jpg

I suspect someone said "make it 40% smaller" to one of the graphic design guys and they reduced each dimension by 40%. There was a thread about it.

Xenoflare

1924825_0.jpg

That is a 40 percent reduction in every dimension resulting an overall shrinkage of somewhere like 75%

and yeah, there was a thread about how this graphic is misleading

RowdyReverb

Doesn't look 40% smaller like MS claims,but overall looks good except I don't like White consoles in general.
If the S keeps the same proportions, a 40% reduction in volume is only a roughly 15% reduction in the length of each dimension. So it wouldn't look terribly drastic, especially in photos.

Top Bottom