• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Zero Escape 3 screenshots

Mariip

this looks so good @___@

new zero is so classy too @_@... kinda reminds me of someone but i'm not keeping my hopes up :T i wonder why his/her screenshots aren't in the online version, oh well~~

Zero%20Escape%20Vol_%202_%20Virtue's%20Last%20Reward%20(2).jpg
2126152-015.jpg

NotLiquid

It definetly has a more vibrant and colourful style. Also these outlines irk me for some reason. They look kinda cheap.

I feel like the outlines make the models a bit more vibrant. VLR's models looked incredibly flat and while the shading quality was part of it, the lines help here.

Akane acting all demure and fainty, weak girl. I got two games of knowledge of your conniving bitch ass, you ain't tricking shit outta me

Fardeen

this game is the only reason i still have my vita, hope this game gets announced on steam so that i can sell that console

NotLiquid

Outlines make it look more flat. It gives it a 2-D feel.

It still has a more vibrant depth to it than anything did in VLR and I get the sense that's what they were explicitly going for as a compromise between the 2D artwork of the series and the cost-effective 3D approach. Atlus in particular utilizes that kind of technique really well in games like Catherine and Persona 5. It looks decent enough in stills and the strengths will most likely depend on the animation.

These models are from a game with actual gameplay so, yeah.
Oh yes. The way they managed to translate the 2D art into 3D models for this game is crazy good, I always forget. They were very nicely animated, too.

ZTD models remind me of D4 and Persona 5 to a degree. While not amazing, the look is obviously a step up from VLR.

I miss sprites. :(

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Looks awesome million times better than VLR. I can't wait!

Ashby

I wonder if I can get away with playing this without having played through VLR. 999 is one of my favorite DS games but I completely bounced off of VLR. Hearing that 3 is going to be more like 999 has got me excited for it but I still don't want to go back to VLR.

Wait, is that really supposed to be Junpei and Akane? Why the fuck would they give them purple hair? Why change designs so drastically in a series with such vital continuity?

Edit: I say this as someone who never got very far in VLR. Maybe they already changed them in that game, idk.

Lusankya

I wonder if I can get away with playing this without having played through VLR. 999 is one of my favorite DS games but I completely bounced off of VLR. Hearing that 3 is going to be more like 999 has got me excited for it but I still don't want to go back to VLR.

No way. ZTD is as direct of a sequel of VLR as it gets. You absolutely have to play VLR before, I mean why wouldn't you? VLR is an awesome game anyways.

Edit: What the heck is wrong with all those people here who haven't played VLR? Most news of ZTD will spoil VLR for you.

NotLiquid

Highly recommended you play through VLR, and stay away from ZE threads until you do. ZTD is said to be trying to be welcoming to series newcomers by mainly having you play as new characters, but considering the amount of things that are riding on VLR's story threads and the mere existence of certain elements in this game being spoiler territory, I highly suggest playing that game before this one considering you've already dipped your feet into 999 (plus it will probably be more satisfying).

Nachos

So far, it looks like VLR is much more important to the plot than 999 will be. They're treating 3 as a soft reboot for the series in Japan, meaning the game'll feed new players a lot of the necessary context, but VLR still has a really good story that sets up pretty much all of ZTD.

MegaMelon

1) You need to play VLR
2) You need to get out off and stay out off any threads regarding Zero Time Dilemma till you've finished VLR

cbq

Models look quite nice. Much better than VLR.
When I saw Participant 6 artwork, I would never have thought that's Akane.
In game she looks even less like her.

Now the questions is: do go on a blackout right now, or wait to see the first trailer :p

Shahed

Yeah much better than VLR

Also did they say they're doing first person view for the protagonist the whole game like 999 and VLR? Because if so that rules out the blond guy.

DNAbro

Also did they say they're doing first person view for the protagonist the whole game like 999 and VLR? Because if so that rules out the blond guy.

We already know the protagonists.

Carlos(blond guy), Diana, and Q.

BowieZ

Banned
I find the use of light-shading (or whatever it's called) quite attractive. Really adds a slight realistic sense of depth and position.

Lusankya

We already know the three protagonists: Carlos (blonde guy), Q and Diana. There is no first person perspective during the cineman scenes.

Everyone is separated into teams of 3. If I had to guess, it's 3rd-person in the cinema scenes and 1st-person in the puzzle rooms.

Looks completely stellar.

I'm most excited for the dynamic camera angles and animations. This level of presentation is going to make some scenes tense as hell, I'd imagine.

OH and I hope the dub is as ace as the one for VLR. This game deserves it.

Lotto

Need to see it in motion first, it looks okay, like they're trying to replicate the Telltale games style/Borderlands. VLR was fine, i didn't really find it offensive.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looks vastly better than VLR, the outlines on the models give it much more of a 999 vibe than the sterile 3D they used before.

The designs are not as good as Nishimura's, but at least the 3D modeling quality is better than Virtue's Last Reward. Maybe the game will have actual animation this time!

mStudios

Junpei will be Zero this time.

Screenshot this post and comeback 9 months later from now.

On another note: ZeroEscape 2 art style was amazing. wtf are you guys talking about. Look at this beauty:

gfs_252011_2_4.jpg

1.jpg

Looks completely stellar.

OH and I hope the dub is as ace as the one for VLR. This game deserves it.
I wouldn't expect anything less. I loved the voice acting in VLR.

On another note: ZeroEscape 2 art style was amazing. wtf are you guys talking about. Look at this beauty:

gfs_252011_2_4.jpg

1.jpg
100% agree. But I'll reserve judgement till I play the new game.

NotLiquid

gfs_252011_2_4.jpg

1.jpg

Yeah but that's because Phi can never look bad.
Yes she looks fine with the shorts too, shut up.

Top Bottom