• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Florida Joker' demanding $2M from Rockstar for parodying him in GTA6

Pejo

Gold Member
Shit if this takes off, Indian Joker is definitely gonna sue Capcom for Luke.

20230516001053_1-scaled.jpg

Griffon

I mean... It's not some coincidence, rockstar did intentionally copy the likeness of a lot of people in that trailer.
I was surprised at how uncreative that was, like 1:1 copies of each of those Florida videos.

I think the dude could actually win this.

Last edited:

kikkis

I mean... It's not some coincidence, rockstar did intentionally copy the likeness of a lot of people in that trailer.
I was surprised at how uncreative that was, like 1:1 copies of each of those Florida videos.

That was my issue with this, I didn't think just copying some viral videos is good satire or like you said even creative.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

It's one of the most creative things I've seen in an open world game. Most people don't spend their whole lives (20 hours a day) online learning about every meme created like a lame.

Stafford

Dude is getting very annoying now.

Same as the leaker from 2022. Apparently he said that as soon as he's back home, he will start hacking again.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Who owns that field in Madagascar that looks like the field from the FF8 intro? That person is due some CACHE MONIES too!

midnightAI

Looking at the NPC, not a single tattoo is identical to this guy's. Rockstar has been doing this dance for decades, they know how to cover their asses.
There is no denying that it is him though, all of those Twitter like incidents in the trailer are based on real events.

Still doesn't mean he'll get anything from it however as it's a parody

Last edited:
There is no denying that it is him though, all of those Twitter like incidents in the trailer are based on real events.

Still doesn't mean he'll get anything from it however as it's a patody
He shouldn’t complain though, he looks much healthier and charismatic in the video game. If anything, he should pay Rockstar 2 million dollars for their overly positive representation of him. Also, he needs to be forced to buy a copy of gta6 and stream the complete game live

midnightAI

He shouldn’t complain though, he looks much healthier and charismatic in the video game. If anything, he should pay Rockstar 2 million dollars for their overly positive representation of him. Also, he needs to be forced to buy a copy of gta6 and stream the complete game live
Oh, I agree completely, he could make a killing (with a knife not a gun though) just by streaming.

Dr.D00p

If he was smart he should demand a 0.2% cut of the gross profits for the next 15yrs.

..that will be worth far more than 2 million.

Portugeezer

That reminds me when Lindsay Lohan sue Rockstar for the same reason.
That didn't go well for her.
To be fair, her case had no leg to stand on. She was clout chasing.

The likeness of this guy is stronger but wholly due to face tattoos... at the end of the day, he doesn't own the rights to face tattoos.

I agree with midnightAI midnightAI , guy should hop on Twitch around GTA6 launch and try use the likeness to his benefit.

winjer

Gold Member
To be fair, her case had no leg to stand on. She was clout chasing.

The likeness of this guy is stronger but wholly due to face tattoos... at the end of the day, he doesn't own the rights to face tattoos.

I agree with midnightAI midnightAI , guy should hop on Twitch around GTA6 launch and try use the likeness to his benefit.

I'm pretty sure that the legal department of 2K and Rockstar took a look at these things, to make sure there is enough distinction.
A multi billion dollar company, dealing with a multi billion dollar property, won't risk getting sued like this. Especially after the Lohan trial.

If this guy really sues Rockstar, he will probably lose. And Rockstar might decide to make him pay the costs of the trial, just to set an example for other opportunistic cases.

Last edited:

GooseMan69

If you genuinely think this guy with a sub 80 IQ can take on Rockstar’s team of the most elite lawyers money can buy, I’m not sure what to tell you. He would have a better chance beating Lebron in a game of 1 on 1.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I think there's a bit of an ethics question here really. I'm not familiar with this guy or the other people that have been featured in the video. Did they want to be famous?

If you got filmed doing something silly after having a few drinks, say, that briefly went viral, was slightly embarrassing and then blew over would you want Rockstar to copy it and put it in what'll surely end up being viewed by billions of people? Is that ok?

Is this guy bright enough to avoid making decisions that could leave him a laughing stock? Is it ok to point and laugh at people who aren't able to see the long term consequences of their decisions?

I'm not sure that Rockstar, the corporate behemoth, aren't punching down on some people who aren't likely to be having the best time and can't defend themselves.

Edit: obviously the guy will get nowhere with this claim, I expect his legal team don't exist and if any claim were to be formally made, Rockstar's lawyers would crush it. I'm more interested, not in if he has a case, more should we be ok with giant companies using people who are down on their luck as props to promote their multi billion dollar products.

Last edited:
Top Bottom