• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Florida Joker' demanding $2M from Rockstar for parodying him in GTA6

if he hits 80 years old.
Season 23 Laughing GIF by The Voice

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
That reminds me when Lindsay Lohan sue Rockstar for the same reason.
That didn't go well for her.
It was the same reason. They thought one of the female characters was her likeness. I think it was actually the woman on front of the case.

Good luck to him. Take Two are a dirty pile of shite. They don't mind taking what they can get from anyone.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

That's because you don't understand why it's creative. Luckily Rockstar gets it though.

Another person that just doesn't get it. Creativity isn't for everyone.
You are either so full of yourself or you are just so dumb, there are no words for it. You are the dark samurai from Nioh 2, the dark samurai from a very dark place.

Lethal01

That's because you don't understand why it's creative. Luckily Rockstar gets it though.

Another person that just doesn't get it. Creativity isn't for everyone.
sure buddy, for anyone else, i'm not saying there is anything wrong with putting mems on your media, its just not creative.
They could use it as a base to do creative things but its not creative by itself

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
You are either so full of yourself or you are just so dumb, there are no words for it. You are the dark samurai from Nioh 2, the dark samurai from a very dark place.

No you simply just like hating on something that obviously was a huge hit. You're not thinking this trailer through.

sure buddy, for anyone else, i'm not saying there is anything wrong with putting mems on your media, its just not creative.
They could use it as a base to do creative things but its not creative by itself

The creative part is making it a trailer, that more than likely WON'T be in the final game at all. The point is to grab attention. The best way to do it is to make fun on videos and people that have been memed online. I doubt they'll be a mission in the game where you need to fight Hammer Lady or something.

WitchHunter

No you simply just like hating on something that obviously was a huge hit. You're not thinking this trailer through.

The creative part is making it a trailer, that more than likely WON'T be in the final game at all. The point is to grab attention. The best way to do it is to make fun on videos and people that have been memed online. I doubt they'll be a mission in the game where you need to fight Hammer Lady or something.
Hate? Criticism. The problem is that games used to be fun, not literally money-making things optimised to a state where everything else is secondary. I agree that you are so obsessed with your worldview that you now prefer the money others make by pissing on others to a game that brings you joy. Very nice position you are in, really...

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Haven't seen this posted yet in this thread. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
GA7yG7ca4AAuHJQ

Imagine if they did pay out to one person, they'd be inundated with claims.

That would, to me, signal that anyone considering wasting their time on this should know that is exactly what they're doing - wasting their time.

Tbf, this woman (no idea who she is, currently) might just be having fun with a few minutes in the spotlight too.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Hate? Criticism. The problem is that games used to be fun, not literally money-making things optimised to a state where everything else is secondary. I agree that you are so obsessed with your worldview that you now prefer the money others make by pissing on others to a game that brings you joy. Very nice position you are in, really...

Games are still fun. VERY fun actually. More fun today than they've ever been (mainly due to the amount of games available). I can tell GTA 6 will bring me alot of joy. It's almost impossible for it not to be very fun at this point.

MiguelItUp

People are ridiculous, especially when your whole "schtick" is looking like a character from a well known IP. But then you try to ask for money, lmao. Hell, they couldn't make it look more like him because it'd look too much like the Joker so it'd get them in trouble, lmao.

Honestly, for as many people as there are in this country. Of course there's gonna be a few people that look almost exactly like NPCs ina GTA game, lmao. It's hilarious.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
This dude is clout chasing as well, Not one person heard of him or cared, and now that he's all over the news (gaming news) he's getting attention. Hes not the first person to tattoo his face and I don't think they look familiar at all. In fact there are tons of images on google for people with dark eye tattoos. Guys a joke and couldn't afford to sue anyone. No legit lawyer would take the case. The only ones who would are looking for free advertising of their firm. Zero chance he gets a coffee for his claims.

Rockstar always has references from real life but I feel like they went all out to copy/paste what happened in the news instead of having their own spin. This guy will get nothing because well not even one tattoo matches him BUT the placement does so everyone knows its him as inspiration. Just think they could of made him have long hair or different color hair or whatever.

reinking

Gold Member
I am warning all video game publishers right now. If you put an average looking white guy with no tattoos in your game, I am suing.

...like that is ever going to happen. 😜

Top Bottom