• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Florida Joker' demanding $2M from Rockstar for parodying him in GTA6

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Iirc, this guy was arrested for standing at the side of the road and pointing a gun at passing cars.

Ok, that may be the case. People do all sorts of things and redeem themselves later on. I'm not sure it's in anyone's interest to make that harder?

Stuart360

To be fair i watched a few 'trailer reaction' vids and numerous people were like 'Florida Joker!', and 'There he is!', etc.
I dont have a clue who he is but a lot of people seemingly do.

nemiroff

Gold Member
I don't get it at all, it's clearly not the same person. Not the same face, not the same hair, not the same tattoos. So what the fuck. This probably stems from the video that douchebag Tmartn's made, where he took random video captures and matched them with the GTA6 trailer. Not exactly an amazing feat in this day and age where there are millions of sources to pick from. Nothing to see here and "the joker" won't get a fucking penny out of this.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Never thought the clown was based on a real person, always thought Rockstar was taking a dig at the purple forum, considering the color on his hair.

nemiroff

Gold Member
The girl that twerked on the moving car has a better case.

Nope. Not even the same delicious thickness. Awkwardly holding on for her dear life, doing a pathetic attempt at twerking her skinny ass.

Same with the other idiotic comparisons in Tmrtns clickbait video. If Lindsey Lohan couldn't do it, this is not even going to move the needle.

Every time a game shows someone brushing their teeth, good times, most of us can sue! (nah, it doesn't work like that)

Last edited:

FrankWza

plus early access to the game hahaha
Can't he just buy a console with the 2 mil?

Happy Game Of Thrones GIF

Last edited:

Killer8

That reminds me when Lindsay Lohan sue Rockstar for the same reason.
That didn't go well for her.

That was always baffling to me since it didn't even look like her. Much closer to Kate Upton, although I believe Rockstar hired a look-a-like model specifically for it.

Raven117

Yeah…. I’m sure rockstar who already defended a similar suit from Lindsey lohan (with real lawyers) in no way understands IP law.

They might as well bankrupt the company right now.

Shubh_C63

I mean... It's not some coincidence, rockstar did intentionally copy the likeness of a lot of people in that trailer.
I was surprised at how uncreative that was, like 1:1 copies of each of those Florida videos.

I think the dude could actually win this.
I'm sure Rockstar had explored this possibility.

And thus I'm sure Rockstar lawyers had iron clad defense against it.

angrod14

They learned their lesson from the hangover, dont copy the tattoos exactly and you should be fine

LOL. Only in this world a reference could be deemed as a copyright violation.

Last edited:
Not surprised he’s trying to get money off rockstar. This is the laziest I’ve seen rockstar. Literally copying and pasting real life events into the game. They didn’t even bother to put their own spin on it or drastically change the characters likeness. I don’t know if he will win anything but he should definitely sue.

Quantum253

And yet that video will go viral, since the thirst for GTA content is real, make this dude internet famous, and pay out in the end regardless whether R* even acknowledges it....

They clearly ripped him. Whether there’s money to be gained from a lawsuit, I have no idea. Regardless, I’m sure he can make it work for him.

Deerock71

I don't get it at all, it's clearly not the same person. Not the same face, not the same hair, not the same tattoos. So what the fuck. This probably stems from the video that douchebag Tmartn's made, where he took random video captures and matched them with the GTA6 trailer. Not exactly an amazing feat in this day and age where there are millions of sources to pick from. Nothing to see here and "the joker" won't get a fucking penny out of this.
Satoru Iwata Idk GIF

-Zelda-

Banned
This dude gonna look so weird if he hits 80 years old. Why do people do this sort of thing to themselves? I mean, arm or back tats are one thing, but all over the face like that? Wild...
Forget 80, prob be real bad by 40's.

Top Bottom