• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida man decides to shoot Hurricane Irma

Velcro Fly

Had a 13 year old boy get hit and killed by a falling bullet just a couple months ago where I live. It was incredibly shocking and sad. He was out playing basketball with his friends and boom just fell over. They didn't know what was wrong at first.

People like this are the reason we should have stricter gun laws. Some people are just too stupid.

Kibbles

Wait, I thought these were all just Facebook jokes about DBZ & stuff. Some person's actually doing this?!
That reminds me I saw some video of a bunch of worshippers singing religious songs on the beach with their hands up to the sky trying to pray the storm away or some shit, assholes had children with them, pretty sickening.

tornado_hunter.png

CTLance

Now all we need to do is appeal to the overly dumb animal friends as well.
Tell them that Floridian Alligators need parachutes to survive the incoming catastrophe, then send any volunteers that show up into the swamps. Worst comes to worst, the gun nutters can shoot at flying 'gators during their storm shootout.

Signed, not a hungry Alligator.

Joking aside, arrrrgh, it burns.

Had a 13 year old boy get hit and killed by a falling bullet just a couple months ago where I live. It was incredibly shocking and sad. He was out playing basketball with his friends and boom just fell over. They didn't know what was wrong at first.

People like this are the reason we should have stricter gun laws. Some people are just too stupid.

Laws already exist. It's already illegal in most states to do this, so if you're caught you do jail time.

Yes, that's what we need, a bunch of jackasses shooting thousands of bullets into the air with the potential to kill someone later.
Shoot beer cans or something you redneck fucks.

In regards to 'reality' and physics and what not, what are the odds a bullet would swirl around and potentially hit someone with enough force to injure not in the direction the bullet was shot?

Like zero. The winds aren't going to be enough to adjust the trajectory of the bullet without slowing the bullet down to resistance.

If they all fired at the storm while it was pointed at the ocean it wouldn't do much but scare a few already scared fish. The problem is if they tried shooting it over land and suddenly you have people being hit by stray bullets just like when people celebrate by firing guns into the air any other time.

GHG

Gold Member
I saw the title and though he was going to shoot it as in "shoot" video of it. Little did I know...

MURICA.

ok, but what if we used multiple nukes

Leaving aside the ridiculous number of multi-megaton warheads you'd need to match the power of a hurricane, leaving aside also the question of why you'd think it would be a good idea to add to the thermal energy that drives the hurricane, there are test ban treaties.

Leaving aside the ridiculous number of multi-megaton warheads you'd need to match the power of a hurricane, leaving aside also the question of why you'd think it would be a good idea to add to the thermal energy that drives the hurricane, there are test ban treaties.

sure, right. But what if we used like a bunch of nukes?

I hope he hit that storm hard. It was coming from him, he needed to strike back.

Do Americans feel embarrassed for other Americans ?

Sometimes, but these kinds of stories rarely happen. Most people aren't that dumb to fire at storms anyway, they just usually run, despite what people on this thread are joking about.

HylianTom

Banned
2017 news headline: "825 Florida Men missing at sea after attempting to shoot hurricane Irma"

2020 news headline: "As of 332AM, Eastern Time, we can make a call for the Great State of Florida, by a margin of 624 votes. Its 29 electoral votes will go to.. Al Franken."

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
2017 news headline: "825 Florida Men missing at sea after attempting to shoot hurricane Irma"

2020 news headline: "As of 332AM, Eastern Time, we can make a call for the Great State of Florida, by a margin of 624 votes. Its 29 electoral votes will go to.. Al Franken."

Can the primary just go to Kasich instead?

What if we used lasers?

Top Bottom