• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida man decides to shoot Hurricane Irma

Scoops

Banned
man-of-steel-pa-kent-gif.gif

Pardon my ignorance but what movie is this from?

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Pretty funny. Clearly just being goofy for a laugh.

People reading about it and getting riled up worry me.
Ya'll know that redneck types also think resnecks are funny and like ironically playing into the tropes for a laugh right?

Whales

Banned
god damn are some people idiots

the "lets all blow our fans in the direction of irma to blow it away" was funny

but this? just 100% stupid and dangerous, how long until a stray bullet hits someone?

lightus

Shop that with a hurricane blowing it away.

Haha so funny! People in Florida are so dumb! Let's keep making fun of them while they lose their homes and loved ones!

On topic: I always assumed those Facebook groups were a joke. I know he doesn't think it would actually work but didn't think they actually go shoot at a storm.

Dhx

Haha so funny! People in Florida are so dumb! Let's keep making fun of them while they lose their homes and loved ones!

On topic: I always assumed those Facebook groups were a joke. I know he doesn't think it would actually work but didn't think they actually go shoot at a storm.

Don't let logic get in the way. Tens of thousands of Floridians are going to stand outside and fire relentlessly into the hurricane! They said so by joining a joke Facebook group.

Hey, what do you know it was a joke and he wasn't serious but hey the internet y'all.

http://wsvn.com/news/local/florida-mans-joke-about-shooting-irma-gets-taken-seriously/

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man says his Facebook event inviting people to shoot at Hurricane Irma was a joke that got out of hand, saying Sunday that he never expected anyone to take his suggestion seriously.

More than 50,000 people had signed up by Sunday after 22-year Ryon Edwards of Daytona Beach posted the invitation with the note, “YO SO THIS GOOFY LOOKING WINDY HEADA** NAMED IRMA SAID THEY PULLING UP ON US, LETS SHOW IRMA THAT WE SHOOT FIRST.”

Edwards told The Associated Press on Sunday in a Facebook message it “seems the joke may have gone over many people’s heads. I’ve got people in my inbox mad as hell because they think this is actually happening. I don’t know whether to laugh or sigh.”

Most, but not all, Facebook responders seemed to understand that Edwards was not serious, posting photos and comments making fun of Florida stereotypes, including pot-bellied men dressed only in their underwear holding handguns and rifles.

“I’ve learned that about 50 percent of the world could not understand sarcasm to save their lives. Carry on,”
he wrote.

Might want to update the OP.

On the other hand.

I just wanted to say, I love this image. Giant Robo is the best.

People are joking about these idiots killing themselves, but that undermines the actual danger; that their bullets will end up causing damage/injury/death to something or someone else.

Anybody caught doing this should be charged with public endangerment.

The fact that everyone was actually worried about people being stupid enough to do this should speak volumes how tragically non-existant expectations for Americans are.

also would this be Poe's Law in effrect?

Mindlog

All out of 9mm and switching to buckshot. When the storm stops I stop. Until then I continue to exercise my legal right to stand my ground.

vareon

nobody is doing this

do you honestly believe he was doing this? and it wasn't a clear joke?

Hey, what do you know it was a joke and he wasn't serious but hey the internet y'all.

http://wsvn.com/news/local/florida-mans-joke-about-shooting-irma-gets-taken-seriously/

Might want to update the OP.

On the other hand.

I just wanted to say, I love this image. Giant Robo is the best.

1) This joke was doable enough that some people could do it, even as a joke. We had a Scream Like Goku event just a few days ago.
2) Unlike Scream Like Goku event, this one has a potential danger however freakish that might be. People are right to issue warnings because there *might* be someone stupid enough to do this.

Top Bottom