• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida man pets tiger at zoo. You'll never guess what happens next.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

A man who worked for a cleaning service at the Naples Zoo in Florida was seriously injured on Wednesday when a tiger bit his arm after he went into a restricted area and reached into the animal’s enclosure, the authorities said.

The first sheriff’s deputy to arrive at the zoo kicked the tiger enclosure and tried to get the animal to release the man’s arm from its mouth but was “forced to shoot” the Malayan tiger, the Collier County Sheriff’s Office said.

The zoo said that the 8-year-old tiger, named Eko, which it acquired in December 2019, had died.

The man, later identified as 26-year-old River Rosenquist of Naples, Fla., was taken to a hospital by Collier County emergency medical services, the sheriff’s office said.
The sheriff’s office said Mr. Rosenquist, who worked for a cleaning service hired by the zoo, had entered an “unauthorized area” near a tiger enclosure after the zoo had closed for the day. The cleaning company is responsible for cleaning restrooms and the gift shop, not animal enclosures, the sheriff’s office said.

“Preliminary information” indicated that Mr. Rosenquist “was either petting or feeding the animal, both of which are unauthorized and dangerous activities,” the sheriff’s office said.

29xp-Tiger-Naples-zoo-superJumbo.jpg

RIP you magnificent beast.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Hope he gets charged. He is the cause of the animals death.

I'm sure he'll get some slap on the wrist disorderly conduct charge or something like that. You're right tho. This guy is a fucking moron and caused the death of this highly endangered animal. There's only 2000 of these left in the wild.

Then again, almost getting your arm ripped off is a pretty severe punishment in itself. Imagine what that wait for the cops was like while your arm is inside a pissed off tigers mouth.

What a moronic asshole! 7+ billion people is way, way, way too many already, and if me disappearing would cause ten such idiots to follow suit, I would vanish with a giant smile. This is the sort of news that pisses you off...Why would you go out of your way to pet a tiger?

"Malayan tigers have been classified as critically endangered".

I hope the zoo can sue the trespasser for ultimately causing the death of the tiger.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
"Malayan tigers have been classified as critically endangered".

I hope the zoo can sue the trespasser for ultimately causing the death of the tiger.

And if you watch the video, the guy is begging the cop to shoot it.

To the cops credit, he tried to get shake the fence and yell at it to get it to let go but it wouldn't. Then asked if anyone had a tranquilizer, and they didn't so he kinda had to shoot it.

Narasumas

To the cops credit, he tried to get shake the fence and yell at it to get it to let go but it wouldn't. Then asked if anyone had a tranquilizer, and they didn't so he kinda had to shoot it.
Why does a zoo with tigers not have tranqs on standby and accessible in case of emergencies?

“Break glass in case of idiot entering enclosure”

Couldn’t find video in link sorry.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
You'd think having tranquillisers for dangerous animals would be compulsory wouldn't you?
Tranquilizers? Sure.

Tranquillizer "guns"? That's some Hollywood bullshit for the most part.. so is really any media where you just magically get anesthetized by some "one shot makes anyone sleep" dose. Anesthesiologists don't just show up to surgery withy a syringe and plunge you lol A simple "dart" with a magically perfect dose, that zoo staff expertly shoots? Not happening.

Last edited:
Tranquilizers? Sure.

Tranquillizer "guns"? That's some Hollywood bullshit for the most part.. so is really any media where you just magically get anesthetized by some "one shot makes anyone sleep" dose. Anesthesiologists don't just show up to surgery withy a syringe and plunge you lol A simple "dart" with a magically perfect dose, that zoo staff expertly shoots? Not happening.
I don't know I don't run a zoo I was just using common sense. Where the fuck were the security.

Narasumas

Tranquilizers? Sure.

I’m on the board for our local zoo here, and for the cheetah and lion enclosures they do have defense tranqs available per species and body weights as a preventative just in case measure. They’re not available to the public or anything but the trained staff has access. …and they are guns just so you know.

Sure it doesn’t insta knock you out but they do sedate.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I’m on the board for our local zoo here, and for the cheetah and lion enclosures they do have defense tranqs available per species and body weights as a preventative just in case measure. They’re not available to the public or anything but the trained staff has access. …and they are guns just so you know.

Sure it doesn’t insta knock you out but they do sedate.
Interesting!

I don’t work for a zoo and was just making shit up.

I just found the bodycam fottage raw and unedited and that was horrific to watch. You even hear the sheriff ask if they have a tranquilliser. It's amateur hour at that zoo for sure.

Atrus

Gold Member
He stuck his hand through the tiny fence holes to touch a tiger and in the bodycam footage cries about how he's going to die and begs the officer to shoot it. I'm curious about why they didn't use pepper spray (I mean fuck the dudes discomfort) since officers carry those on them as far as I know.

This dude better be mentally ill or intellectually disabled to explain his actions, or else he should have had the arm tourniqueted and handed a hacksaw to get out of the problem he created.

He stuck his hand through the tiny fence holes to touch a tiger and in the bodycam footage cries about how he's going to die and begs the officer to shoot it. I'm curious about why they didn't use pepper spray (I mean fuck the dudes discomfort) since officers carry those on them as far as I know.

This dude better be mentally ill or intellectually disabled to explain his actions, or else he should have had the arm tourniqueted and handed a hacksaw to get out of the problem he created.
Absolutely! I didn't think of the pepper spray, I bet the tiger would've let go with a tin of that stuff emptied into its face. I wonder if that went through the officers mind at some point after the incident. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Saber

Gold Member
*Reads sign
WARNING! DANGEROUS ANIMAL! DO NOT APPROACH OR PET IT!

People nowadays: Nah...thats probably a lie.

I seriously feel pity for the tigers. For having to endure the stupidity of humans and put themselves at risk of extinction. They don't deserve that.

lifa-cobex

Replace the Tiger with the man.

Replace the sign from "Tiger" to "A dumb Cunt".

"Please do not feed the Dumb cunt.
The average age of a dumb cunt is around 26. However this is not due to old age as the average dumb cunt will feel the need to try and befriend a dangerous carnivore.
Scientists are baffled by this behavior as the average modern human knows the dangers of committing such an act. However many dumb cunts will go against this basic instinct of self preservation."

"Please keep limbs to yourself as the dumb cunt my try and befriend you"

LordCBH

Should’ve just let the tiger have him if he’s dumb enough to try to pet it. We should be encouraging stupid people to weed themselves out of the gene pool.

Narasumas

That’s actually a potentially great idea for the officer’s situation. No clue, but I’d be willing to bet that a good dose of spray to the tiger’s face and he would drop the arm in an instant. Haven’t seen the video so not entirely sure of the situation/setup.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Almost as dumb as this motherfucker.

Ignore the graphic warning, I promise there is absolutely nothing graphic/disturbing about this video aside from seeing a bear charge a guy. He does supposedly get bit but he doesn't even make a sound and just comments in the video as if he stubbed his toe. Trust me, there is nothing disturbing about this video, aside from the stupidity of the guy recording.

Read the comments, they're gold.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Almost as dumb as this motherfucker.

Ignore the graphic warning, I promise there is absolutely nothing graphic/disturbing about this video aside from seeing a bear charge a guy. He does supposedly get bit but he doesn't even make a sound and just comments in the video as if he stubbed his toe. Trust me, there is nothing disturbing about this video, aside from the stupidity of the guy recording.

Read the comments, they're gold.

That was a grizzly too. What an absolute moron.

Top Bottom