• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Florida man pets tiger at zoo. You'll never guess what happens next.

RIP Eko.

fuck that stupid cunt. they should've just let Eko eat him down to the bones. Poor Tiger was just doing what any old Tiger would do because of its nature/instinct and yet it has to be shot dead because of a stupid meat bag? fuck off.

BigBooper

Eh, guy is a utter moron and now will probably be living on the taxpayer's dime for his stupidity, but we don't typically sentence people to death because of stupidity. How many drug ODs are rescued or wreckless drivers are rescued despite their stupidity or carelessness?

Shame about the tiger though. Wonder if they tried scaring it away with close proximity shots or a shot in the paw first.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Yup, after watching the footage it's just like I imagined, a dumb cunt kid that probably thought all animals are cute furry friends. I blame all of those animated movies, people have no respect for nature.

Tschumi

Part of me is sadly glad that Eko's free of a life of captivity.

I wonder if the police agent didn't try shooting the tiger in the foot or something first to try and distract it before going for the kill...

Spaceman292

Banned

29xp-Tiger-Naples-zoo-superJumbo.jpg

RIP you magnificent beast.

I wonder if it'll affect that guy's career. Do you need two arms to scrub toilets?

Tams

Should have just let him die. Idiot.

But that officer seems to have straight up shot the tiger in the head. There appeared to be no attempted to find a good angle to shoot a less lethal body part to shoot. If so, of course it died.

And it's not like a shot antagonising the tiger could have caused the man much more harm, he was already fucked up.

Last edited:

GymWolf

One thing i don't understand is how in the fuck his arm was still in one piece after all that time, in theory a big tiger can chew far harder bones like nothing, an arm is like a toothpick for a tiger.

Was she just playing with his food?

Last edited:
Should have just let him die. Idiot.

But that officer seems to have straight up shot the tiger in the head. There appeared to be no attempted to find a good angle to shoot a less lethal body part to shoot. If so, of course it died.

And it's not like a shot antagonising the tiger could have caused the man much more harm, he was already fucked up.
Probably thinking he wanted to end the animal’s suffering quickly.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

I believe once an animal has attacked a human they have to put it down, but I’m not 100% sure in that. So shooting it in the paw would have just caused it more suffering before they killed it anyway.

Wasn’t that the whole debate with Harambe or whatever that gorilla was? And in the end it was just pretty standard to euthanize an animal that attacks a human bc that means they can’t tame them anymore… or something like that? I dunno I remember that being part of the conversation and ultimately why they euthanized but I’m not sure, maybe someone else can help me out.

Tams

Probably thinking he wanted to end the animal’s suffering quickly.
But he's still alive, just likely less one arm.
I believe once an animal has attacked a human they have to put it down, but I’m not 100% sure in that. So shooting it in the paw would have just caused it more suffering before they killed it anyway.

Wasn’t that the whole debate with Harambe or whatever that gorilla was? And in the end it was just pretty standard to euthanize an animal that attacks a human bc that means they can’t tame them anymore… or something like that? I dunno I remember that being part of the conversation and ultimately why they euthanized but I’m not sure, maybe someone else can help me out.
That's not a police officers job though.

No, the man, obviously.

But the officer could have acted better.
Generally, it’s considered merciful the end an animal’s suffering as quickly as possible. Particularly on the case of the tiger. Let’s saw you shoot it in the leg. First there is no guarantee the tiger lets go. Second, whether it let go or not, you have a wounded tiger now that is even more dangerous than it was before. Once they decided to save the man, I don’t see how there was a better option. Maybe some kind of tranquilizer but the cop asked about it in the video and it doesn’t seem like they could do it.

Last edited:

trikster40

I wouldn’t have shot the tiger, that dumbass deserves to go through life with one less arm.

Why are we so quick to forget that we are not the top predator in the food chain? We are right above cows and pigs.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

the officer did what he had to do.

in that situation he knew he could end the whole affair with one pull of the trigger straight to the tigers head, which he did. he didnt know what would have happened had he fired a warning shot or just hit him in the paw. for all he knew it could have made the situation worse, caused the tiger needless pain and suffering, caused the man more pain and suffering or death. there were too many variables. the only 100% sure way to stop the situation and save the mans life (which despite how you feel is absolutely the officers job in that moment), was to neutralize the tiger and go from there.

the officer did a fine job and blaming him for anything in this situation is naive and shortsighted

the officer did what he had to do.

in that situation he knew he could end the whole affair with one pull of the trigger straight to the tigers head, which he did. he didnt know what would have happened had he fired a warning shot or just hit him in the paw. for all he knew it could have made the situation worse, caused the tiger needless pain and suffering, caused the man more pain and suffering or death. there were too many variables. the only 100% sure way to stop the situation and save the mans life (which despite how you feel is absolutely the officers job in that moment), was to neutralize the tiger and go from there.

the officer did a fine job and blaming him for anything in this situation is naive and shortsighted

I don’t think the officer is in the wrong. Firing a warning shot probably would have been the best initial response; it’s loud enough that it might have actually startled it enough to get him loose (if you google how to survive a tiger attack making noise like that is one of the first things suggested). But hindsight is 20/20, it’s not a situation they train police for, and it’s a situation that required a quick response, so I can’t blame him for not pulling out his phone and googling the best way to handle it.

One thing i don't understand is how in the fuck his arm was still in one piece after all that time, in theory a big tiger can chew far harder bones like nothing, an arm is like a toothpick for a tiger.

Was she just playing with his food?

With the way the cage was with the grid bars he had to have offered the tiger his hand to have gotten stuck like that. To the tiger that‘s like they were just offered an interesting squeaky toy (and boy did that fucker squeak). The tiger is basically acting like any normal cat playing with anything that acts like prey…and in that case it was likely the hand and not the actual person that set it off. It wasn’t treating the arm as food but simply something to play with; this is an animal with heavy prey instincts that hasn’t encountered any actual prey in it’s life.

Last edited:
Why in these situations is it always the animal that gets shot.

Shoot the guy then let the Tiger play with the corpse.

If some fucking idiot decides to play around with wild animals then fuck 'em.

Last edited:

TonyK

And they killed the tiger because of that fucking stupid person??? I mean, how many humans there are in the planet? And tigers?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Shoot the guy then let the Tiger play with the corpse.

If some fucking idiot decides to play around with wild animals then fuck 'em.
Lets Go Reaction GIF

Tiger wasn’t letting go, should have had two options for the moron.

We can end your suffering, or get all Civil War era, take a swig of whisky and bite down hard on this wooden pike. *reaches for the bone saw*

Last edited:

Ebidramon

Banned
In case you really don't know, it's because human life is, no matter how stupid, a higher priority than that of a tiger.

If there existed some holy animals like millions of pegasi with sacred blood or something, and they were just provoked by some idiot human, personally if I knew that that person is in danger, I would have exterminated every single pegasi that ever lived to save them.

It may sound absurd, and it actually is, but for most of us, normal people, nothing is more precious than a human life, regardless of their IQ.

Braag

I understand why they shot the tiger (human life and all) but I have absolutely no sympathy towards the guy for losing his arm most likely. He's still alive and that should be enough, let his missing arm always remind him for being a dumbass and causing an endangered species lose its life.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
We as a society put faaaaaaaaar too much value on human life. Should have put a bullet in this fucktard and let the tiger eat him whole.
Absolutely even if you cut tiger life worth 1000x times and multiply it with the numbers of them alive vs number of people alive... You know just do the math. Besides he caused that himself, so like how is that a animal responsibility. It honestly makes me sick, how the fuck this was the procedure how to "save lives". But it's Florida...

I am not blaming officer by the way, just the procedure of how this all is treated. Same with shooting when horse gets his leg broken while racing... etc.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Zoo owner:

iu

*Nightwing

I hope the ghost of that tiger both has his way with and haunts, both the cop that should’ve stood by and watched and the one armed idiot

Justice for Eko

Aggelos

"The investigation will determine whether criminal charges will be filed against River Rosenquist."

You bet your ass they hafta file criminal charges against that simpleton, because he entered a restricted/forbidden area, and thought it would be a great idea to pet the tiger.
The aftermath of all that is a dead tiger and the guy got his hand mauled - what a clusterfuck.

Top Bottom