• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flossing is tough

Status
Not open for further replies.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
I've resolved to pick it up as I know it breeds healthy teeth, but man, is it hard, especially the rear teeth. Any tips? And I assume it'll get less painful the more regularly I do it, right?

border

Get one of those electric flosser devices....

And I'm pretty sure that it stays painful.....though your gums will bleed less.

Drexon

Banned
petaren.gif

Dunno what they're called over there, but I hear you can attach floss string to these things and save money that way.

And yes (sheesh, does ppl not know these things?), it gets less painful after a few days, it's just like beginning to brush your teeth after you realize they're falling out from not brushing for years and years (*cough*). Takes about a week.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Yeah, I bought a tube of Crest the other day and it came with some free samples of those disposable plastic jobbies. I'll try that tomorrow.

I wish I could be a small animal and just die before my teeth have a chance to rot on me.

carpal

My mother gives me a harder time about me not flossing my teeth than she does about me smoking. I guess it must be pretty 'portant, huh!

sspeedy

yeah i need to make a habit out of it too but i can't. last time i did my rear teeth, i had spit all over my hands and spat out a nice wad of blood :D
must...start....flossing....

AntoneM

good man, you can floss now and have healthy teeth pretty much the rest of your life, or you can not floss, and when you're 50 you can get 10 grand (current dollars) of work done, who knows how much it will cost then with inflation and everything. How do I know this? I worked for the AZ State Dental Board for 2 years!

golem

johnson and johnson reach floride is the shizzle... the rope entwined design really makes it easy to use

Inumaru

Gotta admit, that Reach Access thing looks pretty slick. I bought one of those Oral-B Hummingbird flossers, but it's pretty "meh". It just vibrates, so it ends up not doing much, but I guess that's what you get for $7. The back-and-forth of the Access looks like it might work though. How much do those cost?

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
flossing is a bitch but i do it every night. If you want health teeth and to prevent gingervitis or pockets in your gums-which eventually leads to bone loss and your teeth falling out then flossing is your friend. Hell i spent 3K on braces may as well spend 20 minutes flossing. I also have a water pik that shots high power water up the gums. to clean everything out.

Wp70web.jpg

hanzo

Banned
<---- Dentist

Flossing is more important than brushing but u got to do both 2x daily. Reach in the back? Use the prethreaded ones, ans spend time there. The molars are where u need to concentrate the most.

VPhys

Poody said:
Hell i spent 3K on braces may as well spend 20 minutes flossing. I also have a water pik that shots high power water up the gums. to clean everything out.

Wp70web.jpg

Dude 20 minutes! Some people just WAY overfloss. Once you get some practice It should not take you more than 2 minutes to floss your teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom