• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK to ban XL Bully Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm89

The number of people who let their dogs off a leash when they shouldn't drives me up a wall.

The problem will be partially the owner not being responsible, but you aren't winning with the type of numpties(not everyone) who own these types of dogs.

The whole keep your dog on a muzzle and will allow it which seems to be the middle ground they've reached to allow existing owners to still keep their dog won't work on some of the bell ends who own them.

Last edited:

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
vyHKRH4.jpg

Any large-sized dog can be raised to be highly aggressive and violent, and even then it takes a responsible person to handle and raise those dogs correctly.

What sucks is that lots of criminals and wannebe-gangsters tend to get these dogs for their 'image', and do a shitty job at raising them, leading to these kinds of incidents, and those same people are responsible for the kind of backyard breeding that leads to even more aggressive dogs.

A better solution would be to implement strict rules as to who can own these types of dogs (background checks?), and more importantly who can breed them.

You can ban Bully Dogs all you want, but the same people will just move on to Rottweilers, Dobermans, Cane Corsos or German Shepards.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I seen one of these animals at my towns local park at a music event with kids and families everywhere. It seen another tiny dog and the way it stared at it was like it was a tiny burger ready to be devoured. My kids were there and I never took my eyes off it, and kept the kids well away from it. If it attacked me I wouldn’t have a chance, never mind a small child. Once they get hold their jaws are so unbelievably strong, you stand little chance of walking away without some nasty injuries at best, dead at worst.

That’s the difference with these dogs and say a Labrador. If a Labrador bit me I’m fairly sure I could give it a good fight back if it got aggressive (which it wouldn’t). These dogs are bred to hunt and kill. Having them as pets is just asking for trouble in my eyes.

chlorate

If you ban the American Bully XL we’ll just breed the American Bully XXL. Do you want Saint Bernard-sized pit bulls walking around?

Biden’s new dog Commander has bit 12 people so far and he’s a purebred German Shepherd

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

Go_Ly_Dow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom