• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fold or hang t-shirts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

Pretty simple question. Should I fold or hang t-shirts? I can't find a consensus anywhere.

I recently ordered over 150 humorous t-shirts. As they're arriving, I realize I want to keep these in good shape, so how should I store them? I have had issues of shoulder bulges caused by hangars, but I also think for visibility of my collection, hangars are better. Plus, I hate folding.

Are there good, cheap hangars that won't stretch t-shirts? PEACE.

FUME5

I fold T shirts, hang shirts.

I'm one of those people who irons my gear before I wear it, not iron it and then chuck it in the closet.

Now, post one of these humorous designs.

One of them better say "PEACE".

aku:jiki

How and why does one order 150 humorous t-shirts at once?

Also, I fold because the neck stretches on hangers and I'm not about to buy some fancy hangers.

jts

...hate me...
Fold.

Aw6smQZ.gif

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Ironing and folding. What am I, an animal?

Kiko

Fold, I only hang shirts and business wear. I have a walking closet but my wife sues like 85% of it...

Dabanton

Fold them all. It's laborious but worth it in the end, as your shirts will stay looking good instead of getting stretched.

150 Shirts?!?!?!? I don't believe you.

I hang everything except for clothes that I only wear around home and wouldn't go out in public in (stuff with holes, wrong size, stains, etc).

Apt101

My t-shirts are all boring. They're either solid, washed-out colors, or Polo/Ralph Lauren - which scream "I'm of that age where I still care, but no longer really no how, to fashion".

The only real thing to do would to post an "150 days, 150 humorous T-Shirts" thread.

also if you've ordered them, the'll surely come folded or in plastic packets.
just keep them in there till you wear them

potam

Banned
The only real thing to do would to post an "150 days, 150 humorous T-Shirts" thread.

also if you've ordered them, the'll surely come folded or in plastic packets.
just keep them in there till you where them

nothin' like rockin' your new HUMOROUS shirts with them fresh creases in them, nahmean? He'd probably have to carry a stick just to beat away all the ladies

smurfx

get some go again
how are you going to do it op? i figure by the time you get to the 150th shirt you will be all laughed out.

Pimpwerx

How and why does one order 150 humorous t-shirts at once?

Also, I fold because the neck stretches on hangers and I'm not about to buy some fancy hangers.
Hadn't bought clothes in about a decade. Decided to revamp my wardrobe. I'm moving to the hottest city in the world this year, so shirts, tees and tanks are in order. Found some funny tees at a night market in Bangkok and decided I would do nothing but funny tees, wacky and vibrant buttoned shirts, with a healthy support of tank tops and jerseys. I was looking for cheap but funny tees, and stumbled upon one that had $5-6 shirts and a large selection. I ended up adding 50 shirts in quick order, then just figured I'd buy most of the catalog and basically never wear the same shirt twice in a year. I'm also collecting Vans Classic Slip-ons. I bought 13 of those recently, and plan on getting another 7 this week.

I have a mohawk, and got a nice reaction to the limited stuff I brought on my last trip. So I'm going all in on the simple style. Plus, I'm a tutor so every day is casual Friday. I wear tees and shorts/jeans every day. So it works in that regard too. I just want to make sure the shirts can be stored easily without creasing. I don't want to iron because I almost always damage shirts prematurely. Even with my digital iron. I hate folding, but if it can be done without leaving creases, that'll work. PEACE.

Button up shirts are hanged, t-shirts are folded. There's no reason to hang t-shirts really considering that most materials used for them don't suffer from weird creases when folded.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I just have all my tshirts in a basket as well as various other clothes that I don't hang.

Then iron pre wearing.

Kup

I will never own 150 t-shirts in my life. And I wear t-shirts.

I hang mine on hangers in a wardrobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom