• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football/Fútbol/Fussball/Calcio/Soccer Thread 2011/12 |OT4| Why always Tokyo Sexwale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

It was actually quite a great trips and that was my first time being there. One thing that made me go WTF was the long stretching queue for busses. I always thought the jokes about English people liking queues were just a mere joke untill I have seen those lines in Haymarket shopping and Hicross shopping centre. I was really standing there baflled. They don't have that in Birmingham nor in London.

lol, yeah its true. Great town though.

If you ever get a chance, grab a car and get into the countryside in that area, Leicestershire, Rutland etc al absolutely picture perfect landscapes.

faridmon

lol, yeah its true. Great town though.

If you ever get a chance, grab a car and get into the countryside in that area, Leicestershire, Rutland etc al absolutely picture perfect landscapes.

Yeah, I should have done this, but I was there because of a business trip. I did meet quite friendly people and next I go there (I will go there, I loved it!) I will do as you have just suggested.

dc89

*casts mind back a week*

Did Fergie make some comments about it doesn't really matter who's to come boxing day, its more important to be top at the turn of the new year. I'm pretty sure he did.

Happy New Year Fergie.

I bet city love us now.

Just watching Motd back and that really is shockingly poor from de gea, he's just too small as well look at Hanley next to him it was so easy for him. Fergie moaning about the penalty incident is priceless it really wasn't even close to being controversial.

Anyway those fireworks in London were ridiculous

Labadal

I bet city love us now.

Just watching Motd back and that really is shockingly poor from de gea, he's just too small as well look at Hanley next to him it was so easy for him. Fergie moaning about the penalty incident is priceless it really wasn't even close to being controversial.

Anyway those fireworks in London were ridiculous

That son of yours is adorable. I feel sorry for him, growing up as a Rovers fan won't be easy. :(

Messi

That son of yours is adorable. I feel sorry for him, growing up as a Rovers fan won't be easy. :(

044159e6e0b6bbae9a223ead74efee75883a7b7.gif

Masterfull trolling.

The Woody outfit is a nice touch though.

Labadal

Dont sweat it at this rate we won't exist in a few years.

You guys have to let me enjoy the moment we don't get them often

I actually like Rovers. I don't have a second team or anything, but if I had, Rovers would be it. They were my second favorite team when I was younger and didn't know any better.

Transfer predictions anyone?

Cahill to Chelsea obviously
Bent to Liverpool hopefully
Lassana Diarra on loan to Liverpool unlikely
Tevez to Milan perhaps? Or will they wait till the summer?

*casts mind back a week*

Did Fergie make some comments about it doesn't really matter who's to come boxing day, its more important to be top at the turn of the new year. I'm pretty sure he did.

Happy New Year Fergie.

Good try dc but you're no Kermitz

Kermit where art thou!?

Ya, happy new year.
Predictions:
- Germany will win the Euro. Someone else will help us with Spain though (they'll be lucky to win too).
- Dortmund will win the Bundesliga and cup, because Bayern will be too occupied with CL since they'll make it to the final...buut
- will lose to Madrid
- Man Utd. will manage to win EPL, while Hotspurs will beat City in the cup final.
- Juve will win in Italy, Napoli claims the cup
- Madrid: league, Barca: cup

Also I hate how the last pages of the theard became clutterd with nonsentsical Suarez discussions - it's not like there no football going on either. So obnoxious...

Also I hate how the last pages of the theard became clutterd with nonsentsical Suarez discussions - it's not like there no football going on either. So obnoxious...

Yes God forbid we talk about the report that FA released, now that we have been waiting for it for so long. It's not like we didn't talk about football while it was being played.

elsk

Banned
Ya, happy new year.
Predictions:
- Germany will win the Euro. Someone else will help us with Spain though (they'll be lucky to win too).
- Dortmund will win the Bundesliga and cup, because Bayern will be too occupied with CL since they'll make it to the final...buut
- will lose to Madrid
- Man Utd. will manage to win EPL, while Hotspurs will beat City in the cup final.

Wow, very bad 2012 for Barcelona eh?

Yes God forbid we talk about the report that FA released, now that we have been waiting for it for so long. It's not like we didn't talk about football while it was being played.

I sort of get the interest, but page after page after page...ugh. But I guess those scandals and all the dumb yellow press crap is a big part of the EPL appeal.

yeah elsk, I feel like barca will have a shitty season.

I sort of get the interest, but page after page after page...ugh. But I guess those scandals and all the dumb yellow press crap is a big part of the EPL appeal.

It's not really just a scandal or dumb yellow pages press crap though, it's one of liverpools most important players getting suspended for a long time because of racism. Of course that is going to be a big subject. It's easy to just scroll past it or ignore the thread for when news about it has just been released if you hate it that much.

rodvik

Ya, happy new year.
Predictions:
- will lose to Madrid

Big shouts. Here are mine.

-England to win the Euros, there, I said it. Ireland to make it to the knock out stages.
-Bayern to win the CL against Barca
-City to win the EPL
-Napoli to lose the league on the last day. Heartbreakers I am telling ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom