• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT6| doicare about injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Ideally I'd give the england capitancy to a youngster who is going to be in the team for the next 6 years and is unlikely to get himself in to stupid situations on or off the pitch.

As no outfield player meets those qualities I'd go with Scott Parker.

Kozak

Banned
LOL at Gerrard as England captain. He's not even a great Liverpool captain. He seems too placid, he's weirdly uninspiring, and he's not the stoic figure you need in a timeless captain.

Brilliant player, not such a great leader, in my opinion.

Parker or Ferdinand for the Euro's, Micah Richards thereafter. I've never been big on having your keeper as your captain.

Steven Gerrards a great captain. Inspiring player.

GorillaJu

I don't even give a shit of RVP scores. He's my FPL captain but all my friends in my league captained him this week anyway, so I break even no matter how many goals he scores.

GorillaJu

Meh, agree to disagree. Wonderful player, but as a leader I think he lacks that hard edge.

It was him as captain that won Liverpool the 2005 Champions League, really. The whole team had completely given up, but he inspired them to victory. There was also that time last year when he came on as a second half substitute, resurrected the team and scored a hat trick against Napoli.

Messi

man, arsenal's passing game has regressed greatly.

fabregas2-saidaonline.jpg

Sorry

GorillaJu

Fabregas has an identical hair-line / thickness to me. Makes me feel better about how much higher it is than 10 years ago :p

It was him as captain that won Liverpool the 2005 Champions League, really. The whole team had completely given up, but he inspired them to victory. There was also that time last year when he came on as a second half substitute, resurrected the team and scored a hat trick against Napoli.

He also lead Liverpool to FA Cup glory against West Ham in that awesome final the year after which he scored in twice to keep them in it, including that stunning last minute equaliser.

bud

http://www.saidaonline.com/en/newsgfx/fabregas2-saidaonline.jpg[IMG]

[spoiler]Sorry[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

it's not just that, though.

why is song the one trying to give all those through passes? it looks desperate.

GorillaJu

He also lead Liverpool to FA Cup glory against West Ham in that awesome final the year after which he scored in twice to keep them in it, including that stunning last minute equaliser.

Yea. I think he's a fantastic captain. Contrast him with Fabregas, who I don't think was a particularly good captain. He was more of a "well he's our best player so he's our captain" pick, but doesn't really have a presence and is one of the first to start looking lazy when the team is down.

Arsenal games have such horrible atmosphere at home. It's like people enjoy it as connoisseurs, not fans. You can practically hear everyone farting into wine glasses to take a whiff of their own stink.

Slizz

Ahhhh new thread, feels so pure...

Got a great hangover going on right now, need to eat but the thought of food is making me wanna throw up. Debating whether or not I should jus force myself to throw up...

Oh new Brie-tar too holllaaaaa

That was more our mistake than anything. Ball falls to Gerrard about 30 yards out and Lionel Scaloni BACKS OFF and lets him have the space he needs to hit a scorcher and equalise.

Bah, I'm still bitter about that loss. Worst of all, it's almost treated like an afterthought by most Liverpool fans, whereas for us it would have been our first meaningful piece of silverware since 1980.

Messi

Ahhhh new thread, feels so pure...

Got a great hangover going on right now, need to eat but the thought of food is making me wanna throw up. Debating whether or not I should jus force myself to throw up...

Oh new Brie-tar too holllaaaaa

Not a fan of the new avatar, not sure why.

What a free kick from Pedersen! Cleanly struck. The week I get him out of my FF squad of course.... Hope Dempsey will prove me right and bag 3 against City...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom