• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Funny little story for Bayern-GAF. After today's match, I saw Mitchell Weiser on the tram. He looked quite sad. Drunk as I was, I yelled "Vizebayern! Have fun with Toni Kroos" to cheer him up. He didn't look much happier :(

ROFL awesome. Hope he'll get a fair chance at Bayern

what did he say?

I said that people should stop hating on him, that Gomez was the reason we were there in the first place and that nobody could honestly think that he's the reason we lost.

Fry

rpKZl.jpg

Damn Pirlo, guy is so good it's not even fair.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta: "Today we saw Bayern vs Juventus."

Lol..not really, but close.

I thought Hummels had a really poor game tonight, especially in the first 45 minutes. He was a bit all over the place.

He did.

They should cash in on him. And preferably punish him further by sending him to Serie A.
BUv81.png

elsk

Banned
he played behind the striker in the group matches and those were the absolutely worst games I've seen from him.
worst is relative, tho. he was still decent but not as good as you'd expect from him

That's because Gómez was the striker. Gómez can't even receive a through ball (that's how it's called in english, right?), to having a #10 behind him is useless.

He works at Bayern because the whole team is build to make him score, LvG made it that way when Olic and Klose were injured and Gómez was the only available option. Then Jupp took over and he continue the same tactics because he was our best striker last season.

Ozil great as always when Klose started in the match against Greece.

Funny little story for Bayern-GAF. After today's match, I saw Mitchell Weiser on the tram. He looked quite sad. Drunk as I was, I yelled "Vizebayern! Have fun with Toni Kroos" to cheer him up. He didn't look much happier :(

Haha, nice. He's a very weird looking guy tho :p

You know, I kinda wish we'd have fucked up in the group stages. We need bigger changes to actually win something and I don't see them happening now. Everything will be talked good beginning tomorrow and we'll fail the same way in 2014.

- new coach
- Khedira as captain
- drop Podolski (at least as starter)
- Boateng is no true RB and will hardly play that at Bayern, so play either Jantschke or Schmelzer
- have the balls to bench a player like Schweinsteiger if he's shit at the moment
- either play Gomez all the time or use Klose/Reus/Schieber (believe in Klopp)

fuenf

I thought Hummels had a really poor game tonight, especially in the first 45 minutes. He was a bit all over the place.

He did.

They should cash in on him. And preferably punish him further by sending him to Serie A.

Not really, that's Mats Hummels for you. He's an "active" defender (that's the way Dortmund plays): he wants to get the ball as fast as possible and tries to distribute it equally fast. This works more often than not but when it doesnt it just looks bad. His positioning isnt the best either but he makes up for it with his workrate & will. The high defensive line of the German team doesnt do him any favors either.

Badstuber is the polar opposite, he's as passive as it gets and tries to do the most with his positioning. He doesnt really disturb the opposing players all that much, when he's cought offguard he needs a fast paced / reactive CB besides him, that's why Badstuber / Boateng worked at Bayern.

Today Badstuber / Hummels just got unlucky, had Badstuber been the guy on Cassano and Hummels on Balotelli they most likely would've defended the first goal. Dont forget that Boateng isnt a natural RB either, so Hummels was more often than not left for himself. You could say that Italy just exposed them / the German tactics.

elsk

Banned
Here's an idea for a comic/cartoon:

The whole team (cartoon) carrying Gómez on their shoulders, they all tired and barely being able to do so, Gómez with a "I'm awesome" smile scoring a header by barely moving his head. In the background the text: "Mario Gomez: 1, rest of the team: 0".

Bring it. :D

fuenf

Here's an idea for a comic/cartoon:

The whole team (cartoon) carrying Gómez on their shoulders, tired and barely being able to do so, Gómez with a "I'm awesome" smile scoring a header by barely moving his head. In the background the text: "Mario Gomez: 1, rest of the team: 0".

Bring it. :D

Elsk I'm sorry but you are once again showing that you dont know anything about Gomez (as a person at least) / Germany or Bayern. He takes zero credit for his goals and puts the team before everything else. You can think of him as a player what you want but he's got a good character.

You know, I kinda wish we'd have fucked up in the group stages. We need bigger changes to actually win something and I don't see them happening now. Everything will be talked good beginning tomorrow and we'll fail the same way in 2014.

- new coach
- Khedira as captain
- drop Podolski (at least as starter)
- Boateng is no true RB and will hardly play that at Bayern, so play either Jantschke or Schmelzer
- have the balls to bench a player like Schweinsteiger if he's shit at the moment
- either play Gomez all the time or use Klose/Reus/Schieber (believe in Klopp)

drop the first two points. but i can agree with everything else.

elsk

Banned
ifl6MBl4ee9Tv.png

[IMGf]http://i.minus.com/i165FonXAuhSi.gif[/IMG]

[IMGf]http://i.minus.com/i0Lu7V4n8F66R.gif[/IMG]

He had 3 great goals since he came to Bayern, those are 2 of them. The other one is very similar to the Turkey goal but against Hoffenheim I think.

Find another 2 goals like that and I will shut up.
And that's not a through ball pass. The second one is.

Elsk I'm sorry but you are once again showing that you dont know anything about Gomez (as a person at least) / Germany or Bayern. He takes zero credit for his goals and puts the team before everything else. You can think of him as a player what you want but he's got a good character.

I like him as person, but he sucks and hurts all the teams where he plays... he needs the whole team to work for him so he can score goals.
I've been following Bayern for quite a bit.

Scum

Germany has a great squad. They're young too, so that's even better. Just need to switch players about and ruffle the tactics a bit is all.

Which reminds me. Do Germany have a promising LB? Surely Lahm would be better on the right?

Khedira's a fine player and plays winning football, but he doesnt have the pedigree to be captain.

I love Khedira though. Works his ass off and very clever. If he improved his tackling he would be an improved version of Makelele.

Clegg

Germany cound have done with a top quality CM this evening.

Keith Andrews would have been an improvement on Schweinsteiger.

fuenf

Even Milner and Downing would've helped our midfield :(

edit: to clarify i've no idea who this Keith Andrews lad is. i just figured that he's better than those two.

So sad to see. Schweinsteiger was really playing better than he ever played earlier in the season.

This is the thing with this German team. Their attacking players, Oezil, Gomez, Podolski doesn't play with enough aggression. When Schweinsteiger's feeling it and playing on top form, you can tell immediately because his so good at making huge runs into the box and opening up for other guys.

Hixx

Even Milner and Downing would've helped our midfield :(

edit: to clarify i've no idea who this Keith Andrews lad is. i just figured that he's better than those two.

lets not crazy

Also Keith Andrews being linked with SAFC made me delete him from FM

coz I'm just that petulant

fuenf

So sad to see. Schweinsteiger was really playing better than he ever played earlier in the season.

This is the thing with this German team. Their attacking players, Oezil, Gomez, Podolski doesn't play with enough aggression. When Schweinsteiger's feeling it and playing on top form, you can tell immediately because his so good at making huge runs into the box and opening up for other guys.

To be totally honest i could never really understand the Schweinsteiger love, especially in the foreign press. He's a very good player, maybe even world class but he's "just" a complete player. He can do everything you could ask for but he doesnt really possess that one killer skill other world class players have. He's the motor that can complete a good team, but he's not really a player that can carry a team.

It's also interesting to note that over the course of his career he has moved back more and more. He started on the wings, wanted to be a "10" had his best phase as an "8" and now plays the 6.

I'd still buy him for 50 million. He'd be our Ba replacement and Newcastle United official model off the pitch. :)

I wish we were in such a position that your financial advise would be viable.

Edit: Also, 'Model off the pitch'? Why would we need him when we've got this sex machine:

4cNMW.jpg

i would like to slap cabayes face with my cock

but not in a sexual way

I would slap every single member in this thread with my cock, mostly because it would be hilarious. Nocerino though? I would toss his salad, watch him sleep and when he wakes up just look in his eyes for hours.

To be totally honest i could never really understand the Schweinsteiger love, especially in the foreign press. He's a very good player, maybe even world class but he's "just" a complete player. He can do everything you could ask for but he doesnt really possess that one killer skill other world class players have. He's the motor that can complete a good team, but he's not really a player that can carry a team.

It's also interesting to note that over the course of his career he has moved back more and more. He started on the wings, wanted to be a "10" had his best phase as an "8" and now plays the 6.

Dude. You're letting the last two months cloud your judgment. Go back to the City game. He put that midfield in his back pocket.

fuenf

you guys disgust me. :)

Dude. You're letting the last two months cloud your judgment. Go back to the City game. He put that midfield in his back pocket.

Could be true, these past months have been devastating. Like i said before i really like him as a player but i just think that he's not the right player sometimes.

GorillaJu

Trying not to get my hopes up but some Icelandic fool on RAWK, apparently with a good source, is saying the Gylf will be a Liverpool player on Monday morning.

Hold me, elseanio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom