• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/2014 |OT1| Moyes, Master of Muppets

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOwm-S7CAAEPysD.jpg:large
image.php

Salvadora

Why would I be jealous when we have Clevgod and Fabregas

Tom "0 outstanding attributes" Cleverley?

Real talk: I'm worried about Wilshere. He looks nowhere near his level pre-injury, which I suppose is to be expected, but I can't deny that some of my darker thoughts have me wondering if he will ever be like that again. We saw it happen with Ramsey.

Turok_TTZ

Mourinho is a known liar when it comes to transfer talk, keep a grain of salt with ye when it comes to w/e Mou says.

Meanwhile I'm starting to like napoli a bit more now.

Turok_TTZ

You know nothing Pulga.
This. Negredo is actually a decent striker. As expected of a former madrid cantera.
Pellegrini knows what he is doing. I wouldn't bet against pellegrini to not make use of Negredo.

^ Insider info is correct at the time it is reported. many variables can change soon after that can alter the outcome.

Meanwhile, come on napoli, sign higuain so we can has moneyz for lolBALE.

jtb

Banned
Tom "0 outstanding attributes" Cleverley?

Real talk: I'm worried about Wilshere. He looks nowhere near his level pre-injury, which I suppose is to be expected, but I can't deny that some of my darker thoughts have me wondering if he will ever be like that again. We saw it happen with Ramsey.

you and me both. his highlight of last season was basically getting sent off at Old Trafford. I really hope getting a full pre-season in will help ease him back in. Though taking 6 weeks off at the end of last season wasn't exactly reassuring with regards to putting his ankle problem behind him... I have zero faith in Wenger's handling of an injury prone player as it is.

Surprisingly good finish from homeless Jesus, I think I'll stop watching now the tie's pretty much over. There's Friday Night Lights recorded, I don't care how disappointing the 5th series team is :p

Turok_TTZ

I question why spanish press keeps linking us with Aguero. its been like this for bloody years. No we are not signing aguero for the nth time accursed press!

^ Mourinho has done worse.

Meier

fuck why on earth didnt they patch the mgs3 controls... i think I've died for the 30th time now (3hours in)

I guess it's been almost 10 years since I've played it but I don't remember it being particularly hard or the controls being particularly bad.

fuenf

I guess it's been almost 10 years since I've played it but I don't remember it being particularly hard or the controls being particularly bad.

I dont know I guess I play it wrong, now I just rushed through and everything was fine no shooting but no stealth either.

AND OCELOT has to be the worst character ever his cut scenes are worse than John Woo's MI2

Turok_TTZ

Varane is back training with the team for the first part of today's preseason training session. Aw yiss, Varane's recovery is progressing well!

Meier

I dont know I guess I play it wrong, now I just rushed through and everything was fine no shooting but no stealth either.

AND OCELOT has to be the worst character ever his cut scenes are worse than John Woo's MI2

Haha, the cut scenes are definitely over the top. The ones with EVA are completely absurd.. but they're just so fun in a campy, Bond-esque way. The gameplay though in MGS3 is just sublime. I loved the camo system.. definitely makes for some very interesting stealth.

CQC takes some definite getting used to.

Wilbur

Banned
If I was Moyes I would take Mata for Rooney with no extra cash, younger and way more consistent, and would probably actually want to play for the club.

The problem is that they don't play in the same position, nor is Mata in the exact position we are looking for. Fabregas and Thiago are offensive sure, but they can also - and normally do - play deeper than Mata has proven able to, and much better defensively than Mata is.

I think he's a stunning player, as consistently brilliant as you'll find anywhere nowadays, but at the moment I'm fearing that he'd just be another Shinji like player we'd try and fit into a 4-4-2

K1LLER7

The problem is that they don't play in the same position, nor is Mata in the exact position we are looking for. Fabregas and Thiago are offensive sure, but they can also - and normally do - play deeper than Mata has proven able to, and much better defensively than Mata is.

I think he's a stunning player, as consistently brilliant as you'll find anywhere nowadays, but at the moment I'm fearing that he'd just be another Shinji like player we'd try and fit into a 4-4-2

Moyes wants 1 attacking mid and 1 defensive.

Mata and Fellani would be perfect.

Salvadora

you and me both. his highlight of last season was basically getting sent off at Old Trafford. I really hope getting a full pre-season in will help ease him back in. Though taking 6 weeks off at the end of last season wasn't exactly reassuring with regards to putting his ankle problem behind him... I have zero faith in Wenger's handling of an injury prone player as it is.
It was plain to see he was being overplayed.

A whole season missed at such a young age, and basically thrown to the wolves week in week out. I fully expect this season to be no different, with the added bonus of the world cup at the end. If Wilshere isn't on the operating table I will be very surprised. I can't believe I fed into Diaby's bullshit too.

I just expected to see... something. Wilshere hasn't had that world class spark he had before, that's what concerns me the most.
Fm

The fuck

If you told me Levy had asked for that, I would've believed you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom