• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Costa looks like he wants to murder Willian
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

This is Believe FCs face when you shoot from 40 yards
costa2up33.png

yella

It's got a bit more defensive stability to it but you still have a ton of players who are unwilling to track back and help defend. They also should just play Coentrao on the right. He'll get the hang of it eventually, and even on the wrong wing he's a better fullback then Arbeloa.

Ronaldo doesn't have time for that, he's getting all his things sorted for the return to Old Trafford.

They can't have James, Ronaldo and Bale on the field at the same time. It's simple. One of them has to come on as a sub in most games. They also need a midfield sweeper in order to get the most out of Modric and Kross (Illara or Pepe would be my recommendations).

Honestly, looking at the personnel Madrid have, an experimentation with 3-5-2 may help them out, at least with removing some of their defensive frailties...

Zabojnik

Asamoah playing in the CM against Malmo in the place of Vidal. Allegri and Conte must have felt that he fully transformed himself into a LWB, really, if it takes an injury crisis to put him back in the position he's been playing in for years.

I think it was more a case of us sticking with 352 and having no LWB alternative to speak of. Now though, with Evra and the rumored switch to 433 ... He just might have a shot.

Not sure.

He was really good in the academy but then not so good for the u21s. He has talent though, technically he is good.

We don't manage our young players well IMO, they've moved him about too much.

Remember when we saw him in the milk cup and we said his playing style was similar to Thiago? The dumb coaches at United then proceeded to play him further up the field as the #10 and had a sub par season for the u21s.

Not sure.

He was really good in the academy but then not so good for the u21s. He has talent though, technically he is good.

We don't manage our young players well IMO, they've moved him about too much.

Did Fergie just give up on everything else at the end...

Scouting setup sucked.
Youth setup below par.
Team rebuilding non existent.
All wingers came in decent and turned to shit
New defenders came in decent and turned to shit

Tubie

Casillas is staying, so no point in putting Navas here. I would choose Carvajal over arbolol any day but unfortunately he's injured. Same goes for Coentrao replacing Marcello. 4-3-3 is simply not working with this new team so we should try the 4-3-1-2 with a true DM with Illara. Sub Modric for Isco later in game.

1An7Nqv.png

Isco and James can't play together. Leaves us extremely vulnerable.

Fergie

Banned
Bayern Munich manager Pep Guardiola has warned Manchester United they can't afford his best players and claimed the likes of Arjen Robben, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Thomas Muller don't want to leave for the Barclays Premier League anyway.

United manager Louis van Gaal had the three Bayern stars on his initial hit list at Old Trafford but summer moves for the trio never really got off the ground.

Asked this afternoon if he had to say no to Van Gaal, Guardiola nodded and said: 'They [United] didn't have enough money.

'I saw they spent a lot of money. It’s good for my friend Louis. It’s part of the game.

'All of the clubs in the world want the players of anther club. It depends on the player. If the player wants to play he will play. If he wants to stay he will stay.'

Asked for his views on United’s failure to play in the Champions League this season, Guardiola added: 'It’s a good lesson for the big clubs.

'They think: ‘We are unbeatable and strong’ and they are not here. Maybe the next season they are out.

'That’s why football is magnificent.

'Every single week you have to be ready. Every week you have got to show you are ready.'

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Casillas is staying, so no point in putting Navas here. I would choose Carvajal over arbolol any day but unfortunately he's injured. Same goes for Coentrao replacing Marcello. 4-3-3 is simply not working with this new team so we should try the 4-3-1-2 with a true DM with Illara. Sub Modric for Isco later in game.

1An7Nqv.png

Dropping Modric for anybody is completely stupid, he is their most important midfielder. Ancelotti would have to be crazy to replace him with inferior players just because of their transfer fees.

Jarnet87

Did Fergie just give up on everything else at the end...

Scouting setup sucked.
Youth setup below par.
Team rebuilding non existent.
All wingers came in decent and turned to shit
New defenders came in decent and turned to shit

I like to believe that he lost his mind instead of just not giving a fuck about anything other then winning a couple more trophies, but it seems like that is the case.

Walshy

I like to believe that he lost his mind instead of just not giving a fuck about anything other then winning a couple more trophies, but it seems like that is the case.
Maybe he didn't expect certain players to stall in their development?

Smalling, Jones, Rafael, Cleverley etc all was decent enough players when van Persie carried United to the title.

Not saying he didn't leave a lot of mess to clear up for the new management, but not many people would of expected so many of United's players turn to shit.

Empty

Smalling, Jones, Rafael, Cleverley etc all was decent enough players when van Persie carried United to the title.

Not saying he didn't leave a lot of mess to clear up for the new management, but not many people would of expected so many of United's players turn to shit.

the defense was catastrophic that season

though i blame jones and smalling's lack of development on injuries as much as anything (rafael's injury record too, meaning they had to fill in at right back regularly)

WJD

At least 2 of them are still decent enough players.

Doesn't change the fact that Fergie's squad reinvestment was generally poor, though probably borne from his own ability to get the most out of mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom