• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Dark Rider

Why are you saying that? Everyone got a chance to proceed. It's the Champions League.

yes. But I know when my team doesn't have it in them. Besides it has been decades since the last time the same team won it two years in a row and we haven't done that since 1960

Dark Rider

Yeah I'm not feeling it either but let's hope.

Bayern is a top 5 team and I think they will advance so all I ask for is no big defeats
I know we are top 5 team too but as I said our team doesn't look like they have it in them.

The fact that we need to play both Barcelona AND Atletico Madrid (both top 5 teams) while trying to get past Bayern Munchen doesn't help either. We are dead fam

Audioboxer

Can we please be able to get a cross past the 1st defender?!?!

Same all season from crosses, corners and free kicks.

Yas lets go boys for the next 1-1 result. Some absolutely terrible performances from some players again. You'd be tempted to start saying some players aren't playing for Mourinho.

I'd be selling Lingard. He does one good thing every so often but for a player of his age he's a mid table side player at best.

Same all season from crosses, corners and free kicks.

Yas lets go boys for the next 1-1 result. Some absolutely terrible performances from some players again. You'd be tempted to start saying some players aren't playing for Mourinho.

I'd be selling Lingard. He does one good thing every so often but for a player of his age he's a mid table side player at best.

We clearly lack a leader on the pitch like Keane, Scholes and Giggs were. Also, I'm getting so frustrated watching us just try to pass around teams. At least Young is trying to dribble the fucking ball!

Audioboxer

We clearly lack a leader on the pitch like Keane, Scholes and Giggs were. Also, I'm getting so frustrated watching us just try to pass around teams. At least Young is trying to dribble the fucking ball!

Passing and creativity are woeful as well. No invention, creativity or risk taking. That is Fellaini summed up to a tee, though. He can barely pass the ball let alone thread a killer pass or put a ball behind the defenders. Carrick is better at that but as usual when he and Fellaini team up they play as two holding midfielders.

Going to have to risk Pogba and I'd be getting Lingard to fuck. Man Utd have 45 mins to save their CL chances. Are we bollocks winning the EL with these kind of performances.

I just dont understand how the fuck they still have refs in this sport. they could use footage to make calls like offside etc. look at tennis, look at icehockey, both have it and sport has improved.

Zlatan was NOT offside fuckers!

I have had it with refs ruining this sport.

We are such fucking garbage in the opponent's box!

I just dont understand how the fuck they still have refs in this sport. they could use footage to make calls like offside etc. look at tennis, look at icehockey, both have it and sport has improved.

Zlatan was NOT offside fuckers!
Yeah, it's BS. We have been on the lucky end of some offsides goals this season though...

There are just too many people on this squad who aren't fit to wear the United shirt. I'd put in players like Fletcher, Park and O'Shea over a bunch of these high paid frauds.

I have no idea why there are still no cameras watching penalty box and offside.

Also there should be NO red cards being dealt unless there is a footage review over the incident.

This sport needs a fucking tune up.

Audioboxer

Drawchester United... again.

Not good enough, players need fined wages for these kinds of performances.

Lingard and Rashford were absolutely trash. As was Fellaini.

Yeah tbf can't blame him after this lol.

Reckon Mourinho's job is safe even if you finish below the Ev/Arsenal?

If he doesn't get CL football, nope. Too many seasons and money spent without it now.

Clear Out is needed at United for sure, not just for players but at all levels.

The fact that we can't convert our potential talents into proper players is very worrying.

Audioboxer

Clear Out is needed at United for sure, not just for players but at all levels.

The fact that we can't convert our potential talents into proper players is very worrying.

Lingard is 24, he's had his chance with "potential". Definitely needs sold. Rashford is still young but if he has another season like this then... Lingard 2.0.

Not even bothered if Martial gets sold now. We need wingers anyway, not inside forwards who... cannot score. What use would Martial or Rashford be as a #9 when they can't convert reliably?

Zasa

Barca vs Sevilla tomorrow right before the Chelsea vs Man City match. What a great day of football. Hopefully Sevilla show their early season form here.

SMH Bayern, only team in my acca to lose. At least my Championship acca came in spectacularly (+ those Leicester snakes).

Drawchester United... again.

Not good enough, players need fined wages for these kinds of performances.

Lingard and Rashford were absolutely trash. As was Fellaini.

If he doesn't get CL football, nope. Too many seasons and money spent without it now.

Was he ever not trash ?

Jarnet87

Rashford has been so clumsy and awful today. Would've liked to see Martial on instead of him today.

Further down the path of Macheda he goes.

I think I am done recording these midweek games. Just going to look at the final score when it's done, I mean we know it's a draw anyways. Last thing I want to do after a long day of work is watch United fumble around for 90 minutes.

Mou deserves another year, and he needs more than 3 or 4 players when you consider just having to replace what we have lost since January and likely to get rid of over the summer.

F34R

Liverpool win and a Chelsea win/draw so City loses some ground. I want 3rd!

If I was going for the concession of 3rd, I'd agree with a Chelsea/City draw and a Liverpool win. I want to keep pushing for the top spot at the table. I don't them to play for settling for the 3rd spot. If they play at their best, and can only get the 3rd spot, then I'm ok with that.

If I was going for the concession of 3rd, I'd agree with a Chelsea/City draw and a Liverpool win. I want to keep pushing for the top spot at the table. I don't them to play for settling for the 3rd spot. If they play at their best, and can only get the 3rd spot, then I'm ok with that.

Fair enough. I'd be more optimistic doing this if Mane, Henderson and Lallana being fit.

Clydefrog

Chelsea and Spurs final premier league fixtures:
CFC
F6pl1sR.png

THFC
DHaNNiA.png

Final scores:

Chelsea = 86 pts

Spurs = 82 pts

Costa has been off his game for weeks and Chelsea's defense is not exactly in form right now, I can see this being a very close finish. As much as I want to panic after that Palace game, we were very unlucky to come out of it with a loss.

DBT85

Further down the path of Macheda he goes.

I think I am done recording these midweek games. Just going to look at the final score when it's done, I mean we know it's a draw anyways. Last thing I want to do after a long day of work is watch United fumble around for 90 minutes.

Mou deserves another year, and he needs more than 3 or 4 players when you consider just having to replace what we have lost since January and likely to get rid of over the summer.

I can;t see Mou getting the chop even if we don;t get top 4. I've no doubt there is a break clause in the contract that they could get rid of him, but I can't see it happening. Opposition likes to go on about how we're doing as well as we did with Gaal and all sorts of other stuff, but I've genuinely been generally excited to tune in this year most of the time. There have been so many game where we've battered people and just not scored and we've rarely looked like getting beat. Those two facts alone are a huge improvement.

I do wonder about what will become of Martial and Rashford with Zlatan taking the top spot. Though next season I fully expect Rooney to be gone so that'll free up some space for someone at least. Wouldn't be surprised if Shaw is out the door too.

Will be an interesting off season. Though I think we now have to put everything into the Europa as I can't see us making up 4 points on City or 5 on Pool, assuming we win our game in hand which itself isn't close to certain.

Dark Rider

bayern madrid is always 50-50 when they meet in CL, regardless of form

Form is one thing and we don't have it in us at the moment but on top of that keep in mind that in the same time frame Bayern will only face one other top 5 team while Real Madrid will face 3 other top 5 teams. Real Madrid is in a dire situation here

Real Madrid face Atletico, Bayern (twice) and Barcelona over a two week period in April.

Thank you, exactly my point on top of the form not being on point

So congrats to all Bayern fans you are advancing to the semi-final
blud believe me we can't win all of those game, in fact because we have all of them clumped together at the same time we will be exhausted and dead fam
both UCL and La Liga gone with the wind
no one want to be in our position now :(

Pachimari

So congrats to all Bayern fans you are advancing to the semi-final

I understand your logic but come on man, I hate it when fans congrats the other team before the games has even started, no matter schedule and form. Yes, everything points to us getting knocked out, but the Champions League is also about them miracles. Who thought Liverpool was gonna win the final against Milan? Who thought Barca would knock out PSG just this season? Yes, we meet Atletico and Barca too, and yes, our form has been kind of horrendous but come on dude, don't just give up like that.

Goddamn, and how can you even think the La Liga is gone? We are up 2 points with one match in hand. It's looking good in the league.

Top Bottom