• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Dark Rider

I understand your logic but come on man, I hate it when fans congrats the other team before the games has even started, no matter schedule and form. Yes, everything points to us getting knocked out, but the Champions League is also about them miracles. Who thought Liverpool was gonna win the final against Milan? Who thought Barca would knock out PSG just this season? Yes, we meet Atletico and Barca too, and yes, our form has been kind of horrendous but come on dude, don't just give up like that.

Don't get me wrong I'm not abandoning my team I stand by my team winning or losing. I know unexpected things happen but my stance is that the expected happens more often than not and I should know and acknowledge that this is what I will most likely see happening, I'm not saying it's impossible that miracles happen but they shouldn't be treated as what most likely will happen at least from a fan point of view as for the players they are required to do it as it is their job to do it but for me as a fan I like to be realistic. Sorry for ruining your enthusiasm for the matches it is not my intention.

Goddamn, and how can you even think the La Liga is gone? We are up 2 points with one match in hand. It's looking good in the league.

so 2 points up, lets assume we win the game in hand and that put us 5 points clear. In this time frame we have to play 3 other top 5 teams. If we lose both the clasico and the derby we will be one point behind

Form is one thing and we don't have it in us at the moment but on top of that keep in mind that in the same time frame Bayern will only face one other top 5 team while Real Madrid will face 3 other top 5 teams. Real Madrid is in a dire situation here

Thank you, exactly my point on top of the form not being on point

So congrats to all Bayern fans you are advancing to the semi-final
blud believe me we can't win all of those game, in fact because we have all of them clumped together at the same time we will be exhausted and dead fam
both UCL and La Liga gone with the wind
no one want to be in our position now :(
I hope so. I`d love nothing more than seeing Madrid getting their shit pushed in.

faYo9NF.gif

Saying that, not sure what to expect out of leg 1. :\ Also Bayern play Dortmund during this time as well, but I wouldn't be surprised seeing rotation in that game since the BL title is in the bag. On top of that, Bayern have the deepest team in the world atm so they can afford it.

Goddamn, and how can you even think the La Liga is gone? We are up 2 points with one match in hand. It's looking good in the league.
So a natural pessimist lol.. makes no sense at all to proclaim La Liga lost with that standing. I don't even know how to respond to that...

Dark Rider

I hope so. I`d love nothing more than seeing Madrid getting their shit pushed in.

faYo9NF.gif

why would a Bayern fan hate Real Madrid? what have we ever done to you m8?

Saying that, not sure what to expect out of leg 1. :\ Also Bayern play Dortmund during this time as well, but I wouldn't be surprised seeing rotation in that game since the BL title is in the bag. On top of that, Bayern have the deepest team in the world atm so they can afford it.

1) Dortmund with all due respect is not top 5 team at the moment.
2) Add to that they are plagued with injuries as it stands at the moment so you will play them while they are out of form AND missing players.
3) Add to that the BL is done you can even field your toddlers and lose the game and it would have zero effect on Bayern season.
4) Add to that that Carlo always prioritize the UCL over the league so your team will play that game reserving energy and putting in the least effort possible.
5) Add to that (as you pointed out yourself) Bayern having a deep squad so your players will not be exhausted like ours.
6) It was you who was happy and confident about leg 1 being in the Allianz Arena touting that the match will be in your favor.

So a natural pessimist lol.. makes no sense at all to proclaim La Liga lost with that standing. I don't even know how to respond to that...

2 points in hand
3 potential points to be had (yes unless we actually win them you can't just assume you have them)
5 potential points up in total

we have to play 2 top 5 teams in between the Bayern matches (another top 5 team)
AND they are no less than the Madrid derby and the Classico
if we lose both that means we lost 6 points which means we will be 1 point behind and no longer at the top of the table.

I don't think anyone in their right might can say losing to Barcelona and Atliteco Madrid is not a big possibility they are two of the top 5 teams in the world and these matches are a derby and a classico. The team facing them all is another top 5 team that is true but they have to square against them all while out of form and be dead exhausted so losing is not a far fetched possibility in fact I say its the most likely.

blud I don't think anyone want to be in our position now, we are dead fam

why would a Bayern fan hate Real Madrid? what have we ever done to you m8?
Are you serious? When did you start watching footy lol? This is the GOAT European rivalry dude.
1) Dortmund with all due respect is not top 5 team at the moment.
2) Add to that they are plagued with injuries as it stands at the moment so you will play them while they are out of form AND missing players.
3) Add to that the BL is done you can even field your toddlers and lose the game and it would have zero effect on Bayern season.
4) Add to that that Carlo always prioritize the UCL over the league so your team will play that game reserving energy and putting in the least effort possible.
5) Add to that (as you pointed out yourself) Bayern having a deep squad so your players will not be exhausted like ours.
6) It was you who was happy and confident about leg 1 being in the Allianz Arena touting that the match will be in your favor.
I think Bayern wins overall but I agree with the sentiment of the other poster that I hate when fans count losses before the ties even happen. That type of loser mentality has no place in sports when it comes to teams in the same level, even less so when it comes to one of the best teams in the world and current CL champs. You can believe one side or the other wins but waving a white flag when you don't have a monumental injury issue is ridiculous.

2 points in hand
3 potential points to be had (yes unless we actually win them you can't just assume you have them)
5 potential points up in total

we have to play 2 top 5 teams in between the Bayern matches (another top 5 team)
AND they are no less than the Madrid derby and the Classico
if we lose both that means we lost 6 points which means we will be 1 point behind and no longer at the top of the table.

I don't think anyone in their right might can say losing to Barcelona and Atliteco Madrid is not a big possibility they are two of the top 5 teams in the world and these matches are a derby and a classico. The team facing them all is another top 5 team that is true but they have to square against them all while out of form and be dead exhausted so losing is not a far fetched possibility in fact I say its the most likely.

blud I don't think anyone want to be in our position now, we are dead fam
I don't know your point here lol.. This sounds like it's not 100% clear we'll win La Liga so we will lose because we have big games in small stretches. Yes if you lose several games, you fall behind. That's why you play the games? You'd think you're an Osauna fan reading your posts?!

Dark Rider

Are you serious? When did you start watching footy lol? This is the GOAT European rivalry dude.

Ages ago trust me. I thought Manchester United would be the most hated team for you after 1999
yes yes last time we met in the UCL we handed you your biggest defeat in your home filed in your entire European history so I understand the flare in hate but at least it wasn't the final m8
(I hope you don't pay that back)

I think Bayern wins overall but I agree with the sentiment of the other poster that I hate when fans count losses before the ties even happen. That type of loser mentality has no place in sports when it comes to teams in the same level, even less so when it comes to one of the best teams in the world and current CL champs. You can believe one side or the other wins but waving a white flag when you don't have a monumental injury issue is ridiculous.

I'm not waving a white flag. Looking at the circumstances it is more likely and expected for Bayern to advance I'm just stating that, I agree I sound blunt and yes I will be behind my team as usual to overcome and beat the odds but I'm just not pretending that any of it is in our favor that is all.

I don't know your point here lol.. This sounds like it's not 100% clear we'll win La Liga so we will lose because we have big games in small stretches. Yes if you lose several games, you fall behind. That's why you play the games?

My point is: looking at who we are playing in this stretch of time the realistic thing to happen is to not get perfect results (ESPECIALLY with our current form) and thus lose something. We might be able to recover if we lose points in La Liga but we can't recover in the UCL as we will be out. The hope is to get it perfect and we win all. The blunt realistic view is we will not get out of this with perfect sheet and the question is what is the damage? I hope it is minimal so we can carry on in both competition but it is HIGHLY possible we lose both too. I don't turn a blind to either possibility.

You'd think you're an Osauna fan reading your posts?!

Actually to be frank here I would love it if CA Osasuna was dissolved.

Syder

Liverpool fined £100,000 and given ban on signing academy players
Liverpool have been fined £100,000 by the Premier League and handed a two-year ban on signing academy players from other clubs for a rule breach.

It relates to the club's approach to a 12-year-old academy player at Stoke City in September last year.

Liverpool will be banned from signing any academy players who have been registered with a Premier League or EFL club in the previous 18 months.

This second year of the ban will be suspended for a three-year period.

In September 2016 Liverpool made an application to register the Stoke City Academy player and compensation was agreed.

But the application was rejected by the Premier League Board.

An investigation by the Premier League found that Liverpool spoke to the youngster and his family before they should have and also paid for him and some of his family to attend a game at Anfield.

Liverpool also offered to pay the player's school fees, which were being paid by Stoke at this time, but this was a breach of newly-introduced regulations which state a benefit can only be offered if it is applicable to all youngsters across the club's academy and this was not the case.

Premier League rules ban the offer of any inducements from clubs to encourage a move.

Liverpool have admitted the rule breaches.

Audioboxer

Fraudiola and Flopp proving the power of Fraudinhos unbeaten run.

Watching the Chelsea City game myself. I'll get to Persona 5 later. Really wanted to see City win this and Tottenham win to make things interesting. Tottenham down 1-0 though, lol.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Both City and Chelsea have good creative players, so it's a pleasure to watch the game as an outsider. Quite above the average (ManUnited) Premier League game.

Audioboxer

If there's one club playing just as boring as Man Utd just now it is Arsenal.

Tottenham just doing their end of season implosion.

Top Bottom