• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe them.

He probably put it in yesterday.

LOL at the top comment...

HG9ufgh.png

Labadal

Is Boga any good?

Also, opinions on Lemar? It seems that SOMEONE will sign him. I can't say that I have seen him play much. I saw him once or twice for France but I don't get the hype.

sammex

The owner is the biggest problem

Nah. They don't have a bad squad, but Wenger utilises it horrendously.

Even with weaknesses you can still get to a certain level and they're well below that

They were set to get rid of Wenger and modernise the club internal management structure this summer until the owner decided against it and to offer him the 2 year deal. So it's kind of both.

Obviously the situation isn't 1:1! But I just mean the club is rotten: the board, the management, the players, all of them. And then you have their best players wanting out, fans turning against the management, fans fighting amongst each other etc. It's very similar to us back then imo.

The Arsenal board made a bad call but they seem interested in the club and sport. H&G only ever wanted to make money, they didn't even like football. Rest is kinda similar in that the players can tell when a club is in a bad shape and want out/give up.

A lot of the infighting was cos of Rafa Benitez - some fans couldn't forgive that he tried to buy Gareth Barry to replace Alonso, then the following summer when Alonso did leave he bought poorly in Aquilani who barely played cos he was always injured. Some were frustrated by how we played in a very regimented style and rotated players, yet he won us the CL with a crap squad, got us to a semi the next year, then another final and we were the top ranked team in Europe, and peak Gerrard and Torres were the envy of all sides. Then after constant top 4 finishes and coming 2nd the year before, missing the title by 2 points to one of Ferguson's best United sides who went on a massive win streak, fans all turned on him in 09/10 and even then he still came an extra time diego forlan goal away from a Europa cup final.

Makes me think how true this article turned out to be (the original is no longer on the irish independents website but it's preserved on RAWK). It accurately predicted how we'd struggle after sacking Benitez and sums up how bad things had become with the owners siphoning money out of the club

In six months, the Benitez era will seem like a golden age

Beefy

Some dude claiming to work for ESPN is saying Liverpool have had a £81m plus add ons bid accepted for Van Dijk. Dude is lying like fuck, but seriously I would drive Van Dijk to Liverpool for that much. 😂

MikeBison

Think he was the first one to report Keita being in the UK today.

Nah. He's been saying cryptic shit about it being a done deal for months. This deal pretty much blindsided everyone. Think Paul Joyce was the first person to put anything about it out there.

Someone who wants to play football?

He's 24 and only won the fa cup. If he wants to challenge himself he'll go to the club where he can win the league, compete in Europe, don't see Liverpool doing that anytime soon when they can't defend.

Also if his competition really is Moses, I don't doubt he has the chance to take his place and play regularly.

Someone who doesn't want to be loaned out or sit on the bench?

don't think we're playing £35m for either or those things. Kid has to prove himself worthy of a starting spot but this is bottom of the barrel stuff really.

Not sure we loan out many £35m players

Beefy

He also supports chelsea though.
I remember his tweets and Facebook posts reading us doing well in the champions league.
Yup I posted link above.
And he has to compete with Moses for RWB. Pretty sure he can do that and get a starting spot. His crosses are better than Moses already.
And there is no way in hell he will be loaned out this year.

What if he's just mates with Ryan Bertrand or something?

Even if he is a Chelsea fan, I really don't think it matters. Luke Shaw didn't go there because he didn't think he'd play.

I think the actual problem was we refused to pay the wages he wanted as well as £30m, whether he'd have actually chosen us above united I don't know, not sure he fancied playing for Jose either…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom