• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Linius

Wtf :lol

KXn.gif

Think it's pretty cynical of the club and Suarez to drop in that the money will go to the Hillsborough Justice campaign myself.

That's irrelevant. Just trying to make it look better for him. I actually find that to be in really poor taste, but maybe it's just me.

rossonero

Along with Inter and the Milan municipality (iirc, we own 45%, Inter owns 45%, Milan municipality owns 10%).

That's the first time I hear that. As far as I know, neither Inter nor we own San Siro but we're renting it from the municipality. We've tried to buy it several times but no go. There were some rumors about Inter wanting to build their own and us trying to buy San Siro in 2017 when the current lease expires.

some travel site said:
The city of Milan owns Stadio San Siro now, and both AC Milan and Inter are considered “tenants.” The stadium was initially the property and home of only AC Milan, with Inter moving in only in 1947. There have been recent rumblings that Inter may soon be building their own stadium and moving out again, but until they’re actually playing on a new pitch there’s no reason to make any changes to your travel plans.

Also the last time Galliani talked about San Siro he said:

Galliani said:
“It’s not possible for Milan to do what Juventus, because of the Milano municipality,” Galliani said. “We tried to buy San Siro, but the Milano municipality wanted an absurd amount of money. We’ll continue to play at San Siro. It will be modernized but with the problems that follow when you share it with another club.

That's the first time I hear that. As far as I know, neither Inter nor we own San Siro but we're renting it from the municipality. We've tried to buy it several times but no go. There were some rumors about Inter wanting to build their own and us trying to buy San Siro in 2017 when the current lease expires.

Also the last time Galliani talked about San Siro he said:

Strange, I heard that quite a lot, even Galliani said something about that a few years ago, with those percentages.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
My folks are gonna be there tonight, season ticket holders for about 4 years now, coudlnt be happier for them if United win, they had to miss the celebrations season before last cause of illness.

dc89

But PR pervades the whole, no ?

Well he's not hired to just sit at a desk all day. But yeah, PR does rule the roost. But sometimes, you gotta give others a chance.

Think it's pretty cynical of the club and Suarez to drop in that the money will go to the Hillsborough Justice campaign myself.

That's irrelevant. Just trying to make it look better for him. I actually find that to be in really poor taste, but maybe it's just me.

I see what you mean.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I was watching Souness and Redknapp argue yesterday about Liverpool taking a pre-emptive stance and punishing him, possibly in excess of, what the FA would charge him. I think that was always fanciable thinking, hes far too important for Liverpool to make such a statement and risk losing him for long periods at the start of the season. So if anyone expected that then I can see how the fine is somewhat a spit in the face as it completely undersells what actually happened. Personally I think the fine is an appropriate first step but I would have preferred some acknowledgement from Liverpool to the effect that they expect and support an "x game ban", but football is football.

606 was wonderful listening last night, a few Liverpool supports who had not seen the incident blaming the media for overreacting because its Suarez :D

Kenka

Unfortunately, thinking about raising matchday revenue is pretty difficult: the general economic situation in Italy is pretty though right now, a lot of people who used to go to the stadium can't do that anymore because tickets are expansive and so on. Even Juve had to raise their tickets this year, and from time to time you can still see some holes in their standings.

And I don't think that we'll see new things in San Siro until one of the two clubs completely own it (and the municipality let said club to do whatever they want): it's an old stadium, not perfectly built (the awful grass of the past few years was there mostly because of a section of the standings built in the early 90s) which needs a lot of work to get on par with the Allianz Arena, the Santiago Bernabeu or the Juventus Stadium.

Having our own stadium would mean a lot and show how much Berlusconi actually wants Milan to grow, but of course it's expensive and it would be hard to find new investors. If we ever get some Arabian/Russian money, then a "Milan Stadium" wouldn't be unthinkable.
Damn the economy. I was seating in a train next to a Varese girl who complained about being laid off in Malpensa because the handler she worked for lost its contract with Lufthansa, resulting in the entire staff to be laid off. Worse, no social plan was proposed to the girl's team and they all ended unemployed. The former is a bit strange because Northern Italy always was competitive so you wonder why you would lay off people there (the competition which won the contract prolongation is in Roma), and the latter shows that the government doesn't care if people lose their purchasing power. I found the situation of this girl absolutely absurd.

Mr Cola

BBC:

Houston, we have lift off.

Doesnt the BBC also have a story about him accepting the apology?

Awkward ;D

Every major club in Europe will be rubbing thier hands over this. Liverpool are stupid if they sell him.

There is 0 chance, the only way Liverpool would get rid of him is if he did a Barton and got himself locked up, even then it would take a serious charge and EVEN then if they could get him back on the field in a few years I think they would.

Mr Cola

BBC's ticker

Merseyside Police confirm no action will be taken against Liverpool striker Luis Suarez following his bite on Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic yesterday.

2 minutes ago

elseanio

There will be none of this in Abu Dhabi tonight:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/6b5c1ab9bb4ef9ccc0d8323246e7d99b/tumblr_ml9nzfwXkE1rn6i5go1_400.gif[IMG]

Unless De Gea does this:

[IMG]http://img.izismile.com/img/img5/20120329/1000/daily_gifdump_123_06.gif

That's gotta be some match fixing..

Clegg

I was very impressed with the way AVB changed the game for Spurs yesterday. They were much better when Huddlestone went to CM and Bale pushed further up the pitch.

Sloppy from City though. Yaya remains a beast of a player who nobody criticises even when he plays lazily like he did yesterday.

And Dzeko played like a man who couldn't wait to leave the club. He was shocking.

Elsk would have been ashamed.

Damn the economy. I was seating in a train next to a Varese girl who complained about being laid off in Malpensa because the handler she worked for lost its contract with Lufthansa, resulting in the entire staff to be laid off. Worse, no social plan was proposed to the girl's team and they all ended unemployed. The former is a bit strange because Northern Italy always was competitive so you wonder why you would lay off people there (the competition which won the contract prolongation is in Roma), and the latter shows that the government doesn't care if people lose their purchasing power. I found the situation of this girl absolutely absurd.

That's a pretty common situation in Italy. Every day hundreds of small enterprises are being shutdown because they're bankrupt, and people struggle to find a job. And when they find it, it has a low pay, which forces family to sacrifice unnecessary stuff, like going to the stadium. I mean, I had the chance to go to the Juventus Stadium to watch Juve-Bayern, but it would've cost me around €70-80 (I would've drove there, I live around 90km from Turin). Sure, it was a quarter final game, but it was just too expansive for my wallet, and that's how a lot of supporters think nowadays here.

Top Bottom