• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
jbi4Pocb7Hbw9q.jpg

jbty7Piyc0lRcZ.jpg

H....how?
KuGsj.gif

I want to hate you, Pogba. Stop it.

-

Bonus:

Pirlo's debut in Serie A

tumblr_mllrvb4VVQ1r30r4xo1_500.gif

Yeah, this defeat was predictable, we've been running a lot since November, plus we've been against the three best teams in Italy in a row. I'm still not worried about the CL spot, on Sunday Balotelli will be back and we'll have Catania at home, we just need to win that one and everybody will calm down.

Of course, if we managed to get to the 2nd place everything would've been much better, but it's fine, seeing how we started the season. Let's secure this 3rd place, buy a couple of decent players and see how we'll do in August with the CL playoffs.

feel

:_(

I miss being a Ronaldo fan in the United/EPL days. He's amazing at Madrid but it's just not the same (la liga is boring).

Gaf, has it already happen that a team went undefeated throughout a season only to finish 2nd ?

gj6tage.png

I'm talking of Porto.
Oh well, Benfica is strong this year I don't see us getting back (they're 4 points ahead now with today's win). Deserved for them, there's always next year.

Dat Pacos Ferreira. I have a bunch of friends in Pacos De Ferreira (the city/region), haven't talked to them in years, they must be ecstatic about the team's performance this year and possibly playing europe next year. I remember going with them to games when the team was still in like the 3rd or 4th division lol.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah, this defeat was predictable, we've been running a lot since November, plus we've been against the three best teams in Italy in a row. I'm still not worried about the CL spot, on Sunday Balotelli will be back and we'll have Catania at home, we just need to win that one and everybody will calm down.

Of course, if we managed to get to the 2nd place everything would've been much better, but it's fine, seeing how we started the season. Let's secure this 3rd place, buy a couple of decent players and see how we'll do in August with the CL playoffs.
Stevan Jovetic and Fiorentina are going to take that spot from you. Only 1 point now!

And I hope like heck United beat Villa tomorrow but because the kick off is so late I'm going to miss the game. Kick off is 7am NZ time but I'll be starting work at that time so I'll record the game and watch it when I get home again.

Kenka

Perugia in 1978-79.

Two unbeaten teams in one league is a new one though!
Oh wow. Unbeatean and 2nd ? Sogno possibile.

:_(
Oh well, Benfica is strong this year I don't see us getting back (they're 4 points ahead now with today's win). Deserved for them, there's always next year.
How did Benfica manage to get all the good players they have had these last 5 years ? I remember that it was impossible for them to compete with Porto before Trapattoni arrived. Money injection, or another explanation ?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
103 – At Bayern Mario Gomez has the best minutes per goal ratio of all players with 20+ goals in the history of the Bundesliga.

Napoli will bottle it, you can count on that.

Kenka

103 – At Bayern Mario Gomez has the best minutes per goal ratio of all players with 20+ goals in the history of the Bundesliga.
You mean he is above (Gerd) Müller ?

That would be unheard of. But again, Messi smashed one of his records not long ago so why wouldn't we eventually find a better striker than him in Germany. In all cases, Gomez could bring more if he played more.
Amazing that a guy like him is on the bench.

By the way, Zeit has an update on the whole Hoeneß situation. Apparently the problem is the interest on money he got loaned in 2000, some 10-20 million euros. The whole "hundreds of millions" was apparently bullshit.

It's not bullshit after all. The "hundreds of millions" part was from a Stern article that only said "someone from the Bundesliga", not Hoeneß. When the Hoeneß stuff came out, someone put those two stories together thinking it was Hoeneß. But seems like he isn't, well, was worth a shot I guess. Wouldn't be surprised if the other one was that nasty fucker Tönnies.

I keep reading Lahm has his best season since a long time. While that might be true because he hasn't been that great in the last few years. That best RB in the Bundesliga is a myth. Stats this season:

Lahm (27 played, 0 goals, 10 assissts)
Piszczek (27 played, 2 goals, 9 assissts)

And that's the Piszczek who's hip needs surgery. Philipp please.

spidye

I keep reading Lahm has his best season since a long time. While that might be true because he hasn't been that great in the last few years. That best RB in the Bundesliga is a myth. Stats this season:

and the defensive stats?

and for cl:
lahm: 9 games played 5 assists
piszczek 9 games played 1 assist

Wes

venison crêpe
"Brendan Rodgers has told Luis Suárez that no player is irreplaceable after the Liverpool striker disgraced himself by sinking his teeth into Branislav Ivanovic during Chelsea's 2-2 draw at Anfield."

#BringBackAndy

FootballFan

The new American WiiU adverts are painful. :(

5knHq7L.gif

So bad.. and trying to obviously get the message across that it's different from the wii.

"It's so different!" "People don't know how different this is"

I remember walking through the mall with my brother and he thought the WiiU was a controller for a new wii game. lol

Blablurn

Nobody cares about random piszcek

Salazar

"Brendan Rodgers has told Luis Suárez that no player is irreplaceable after the Liverpool striker disgraced himself by sinking his teeth into Branislav Ivanovic during Chelsea's 2-2 draw at Anfield."

#BringBackAndy

The number of RAWK posters who profess to be "ok, generally speaking" with biting and being bitten continues to rise.

dc89

"Actual Wii U owners"

So bad.. and trying to obviously get the message across that it's different from the wii.

"It's so different!" "People don't know how different this is"

I remember walking through the mall with my brother and he thought the WiiU was a controller for a new wii game. lol

:( yup. And yes FootballFan. The casual market that Nintendo dominated with the Wii all think the same.

Noirulus

How about Carvajal? :S

and the defensive stats?

and for cl:
lahm: 9 games played 5 assists
piszczek 9 games played 1 assist

Don't know, Piszczek's are probably worse but like I said he really needs surgery and is pretty much just waiting for us to drop out of the CL lol. He doesn't look in shape when playing more than 2 or 3 games without a break.

And 4 of those assists are against a shitty Lille side but yeah, I guess he's better there.

Milan will hold the annual general meeting with the board and the shareholders. Galliani will probably announce a €7m loss during 2012, quite a jump from the €67m in 2011 and the €70m in 2010. Of course, a great part of it is because of the Ibra+Thiago thing, then again the club is really trying to cut everything without sacrificing the first/youth teams.
Stevan Jovetic and Fiorentina are going to take that spot from you. Only 1 point now!
I don't see this or
Napoli will bottle it, you can count on that.
this happen, to be honest.

Kenka

Milan will hold the annual general meeting with the board and the shareholders. Galliani will probably announce a €7m loss during 2012, quite a jump from the €67m in 2011 and the €70m in 2010. Of course, a great part of it is because of the Ibra+Thiago thing, then again the club is really trying to cut everything without sacrificing the first/youth teams.

I don't see this or

this happen, to be honest.
Do Milan co-own the San Siro along with Inter ?

Kenka

Along with Inter and the Milan municipality (iirc, we own 45%, Inter owns 45%, Milan municipality owns 10%).
OK, that's a nice cushion in bad times. I am actually surprised they own the stadium, and I hope they can raise their matchday and commercial revenue by making San Siro more attractive to supporters and businesses alike.

Alas, I went to San Siro once and it is located in the middle of nowhere with no decent public transportation hub nearby. A huge shame for a club like this.

OK, that's a nice cushion in bad times. I am actually surprised they own the stadium, and I hope they can raise their matchday and commercial revenue by making San Siro more attractive to supporters and businesses alike.

Alas, I went to San Siro once and it is located in the middle of nowhere with no decent public transportation hub nearby. A huge shame for a club like this.

Unfortunately, thinking about raising matchday revenue is pretty difficult: the general economic situation in Italy is pretty though right now, a lot of people who used to go to the stadium can't do that anymore because tickets are expansive and so on. Even Juve had to raise their tickets this year, and from time to time you can still see some holes in their standings.

And I don't think that we'll see new things in San Siro until one of the two clubs completely own it (and the municipality let said club to do whatever they want): it's an old stadium, not perfectly built (the awful grass of the past few years was there mostly because of a section of the standings built in the early 90s) which needs a lot of work to get on par with the Allianz Arena, the Santiago Bernabeu or the Juventus Stadium.

Having our own stadium would mean a lot and show how much Berlusconi actually wants Milan to grow, but of course it's expensive and it would be hard to find new investors. If we ever get some Arabian/Russian money, then a "Milan Stadium" wouldn't be unthinkable.

Top Bottom