• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Dark Rider

Juventus confirms that executive Fabio Paratici is under investigation in the Suarez case

Dark Rider

Mihajlović reveals he tried a new formation in training to find mole in squad: “ I tried a new formation to find out who the fuck is leaking to journalists... If I find out who’s speaking I’ll stick him to the wall and he will never play again. And when I find him, things will get ugly”

Azurro

Banned
This is the shittiest Juventus side I've seen in the last three or four years. I think even Allegri's last year at Juve wasn't so dreadful.

I don't know who's playing there against Torino, but it isn't Juve.

Dark Rider

This is the shittiest Juventus side I've seen in the last three or four years. I think even Allegri's last year at Juve wasn't so dreadful.

I don't know who's playing there against Torino, but it isn't Juve.

Is it Pirlo? or the players? or both?
Juventus should on paper be one of the favorites on all fronts but instead they feel dead inside.

Azurro

Banned
Is it Pirlo? or the players? or both?
Juventus should on paper be one of the favorites on all fronts but instead they feel dead inside.

I think it's mostly the coach. The team managed to turn it around, but honestly they look confused on the pitch, the team isn't balanced and the constant rotation of roles is not helping.

Thankfully Alex Sandro is back and is giving the team more defensive solidity and balance, but honestly, Pirlo needs to get his shit together, stop it with hybrid formations the players don't understand and that he does not have time during training to explain, and go with something more simple, more defined roles on the pitch that's easier for the players to execute.

Dark Rider

I think it's mostly the coach. The team managed to turn it around, but honestly they look confused on the pitch, the team isn't balanced and the constant rotation of roles is not helping.

Thankfully Alex Sandro is back and is giving the team more defensive solidity and balance, but honestly, Pirlo needs to get his shit together, stop it with hybrid formations the players don't understand and that he does not have time during training to explain, and go with something more simple, more defined roles on the pitch that's easier for the players to execute.

Pirlo is the stubborn type I feel he won't change and instead ask the players to get better at executing his vision.
Yes he will either get sacked or relegated back to the youth/second team.

Azurro

Banned
Pirlo is the stubborn type I feel he won't change and instead ask the players to get better at executing his vision.
Yes he will either get sacked or relegated back to the youth/second team.

Honestly I'm just tired of the yo-yo performances, it feels like the team gets results despite of the tactics and not because of it.

Dark Rider

Honestly I'm just tired of the yo-yo performances, it feels like the team gets results despite of the tactics and not because of it.

There is a rift between the players and the manager that is clear for all, what the club will do about it is the question: sack the manager or kick the players out.
Most likely sack the manager.

Dark Rider

Mino Raiola: "Zlatan is in such good shape sometimes he continues to do push ups when I am sitting on him, and you know I am not light. He can play on until he’s 50 years old, but he only wants to play at the top level."

Dark Rider

[Duncan Alexander] After 10 games, Liverpool and Man United have let in more goals than Sheffield United who have 1 point so far

Dark Rider

[OptaJose] 2 - Atléti have only conceded two goals after their first 10 LaLiga 2020/21 games, the joint-lowest figure at this stage of the season in LaLiga ever (alongside Deportivo de La Coruña in 1993/94). Invulnerable.

Dark Rider

[Michael Yohkin] Cadiz have beaten Barcelona for the first time since the sensational 4-0 triumph on May 11, 1991. Alvaro Gimenez, who scored the opener tonight, was born 8 days later. Ronald Koeman played for Barca that day.

Dark Rider

[MisterChip] Cádiz is the first newly promoted team to defeat the three historic teams (Madrid, Barça, and Athletic) since Cádiz themselves did it in 1981-2

DKehoe

They really need to make him stop him doing this. He’s going to hurt someone.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[FC Augsburg] FC Augsburg official twitter account tweeted 'Respect us' after someone's tweet saying Xhaka is an Augsburg level player

Dark Rider

[Romano] Mino Raiola to Tuttosport: “I can say that it’s over for Paul Pogba at Manchester United”. 🔴

[Romano] Mino Raiola: “I think that the best solution for both Pogba and Man Utd is that he goes in the next transfer window. If not, the Old Trafford club know that they risk losing him on a free transfer as it is not Paul's intention to extend his contract”.

Please don't come to Real Madrid

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Romano]Raiola on Haaland's future:“I can’t talk about Haaland release clause. Rumors say Real Madrid want him? This is not new to me... but he is very happy with Borussia Dortmund. Erling wants to win the UCL. When he’ll leave the club, it will be for his ambition and not for money”.

Dark Rider

Raiola: "Ibrahimovic would've got 8 Ballon D'ors if public voted. He has the talent of Messi and willpower of Ronaldo"

I don't think he will.

Dark Rider

Juventus director Fabio Paratici and vice-president Pavel Nedved suspended until the 21st of December and fined by the Sports Judge after 'serious insults' and 'disrespectful expressions' addressed to the refeeres during the game against Torino

Dark Rider

[Romano] Fabio Paratici: "Pogba back to Juve? We love Paul, he’s an amazing player but he’s playing for Manchester United now. We know so well the value of Paul Pogba. We also know his price, so we will see what happens”

Dark Rider

We finished top of our group and kept our record of never being knocked out of the champions league group stage ever but we are in shambles so I expect us to get knocked out the next round so the question is who will the draw set to the task?

Dark Rider

[Mohamed Bouhafsi] Nasser Al Khelaifi, PSG owner, exclu @RMCsport : “We’ve opened talks to keep Mbappé and Neymar. I’m confident because they want to stay here”.

Dark Rider

[Goal] Karim Benzema joins Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo as the only players to score 50 goals in the UCL group stage.

:messenger_beaming:

Dark Rider

[MisterChip] Real Madrid advances and remains as the only team to ever progressed out of every group in Champions League history (29/29).

Dark Rider

Luka Modric is willing to continue even with a reduced salary, knowing that the economic situation is tightening. His wish, so often expressed is to retire at Real Madrid. And at 35 years of age and at this level, he is showing that he still has the sense to be an important player.

Dark Rider

[Wolfsberger AC] have qualified for the Europa League knockout stage for the first time in their history, record signing 800k €; city population site 25k

Dark Rider

Spain will be the only country to have all 7 representatives in Champions League and Europa League qualify for the knockout phase

Dark Rider

[MARCA] Marcos Llorente: 'It was very clear to me that I had to leave Real Madrid. When Atlético's offer came, I didn't doubt it for a minute. When a player has minutes he grows and becomes better and that's what's happening to me now'

Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Vinicius Jr: "I thought the rivalry was more between the first teams, but they (Atleti’s B team) fouled me more than 20 times and they tried to bite me! At the time I thought it could not be anything, but then you see the video and he did try to bite me. And I was booked!"

Dark Rider

[Football Daily]"If you don't enjoy to watch don't watch" Jose Mourinho's response to critics who say his Tottenham team are boring to watch

Dark Rider

[Scott Strasser] Ten minutes into his first Bundesliga game back from injury, Alphonso Davies clocks a speed of 35.94 km/h - a season record so far.

Dark Rider

[BBC Sport] Atleti's 26 game unbeaten run in La Liga has ended

[Melchor Ruiz] Diego Simeone: "They have deservedly won. They have been superior and better from the beginning. In the 2nd half we improved somewhat, but they have been better"

Real Madrid ended it :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:
Top Bottom