• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FootballGAF 2020/2021 |OT| Attending every single game from our home stands.

Dark Rider

Pogba: I’ve always fought and will always fight for MUFC , my teammates and the fans. Bla bla is not important. The future is far, today is what matters and I am 1000% involved! Always strong together.. all has been clear between the club and myself and that will never change.....

Good, stay at Manchester United.

Dark Rider

Sergio Ramos beats Derby Record, He has now made 43 derby appearances and becomes the player with the most games ahead of Gento and Sanchís between Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid under his belt.

[Opta] Karim Benzema becomes the non Spanish Real Madrid player with most appearances for the club. Benzema now has 528 appearances for the club and overtakes Roberto Carlos. Overall he is 8th on the list.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Goal] Arsene Wenger on Pogba : "I believe that you have to explain to a player that no matter what his future plan is, his interest and his job is to perform at the present [club]. It's the best way to prepare your future, to play well in the present."

Dark Rider

[telefoot]Verratti on future of Neymar and Mbappe:“Every day I ask Neymar and Mbappé to stay. Sometimes I say to Kylian: 'did you sign, did you sign?' I think it won't be long before they come to an agreement, because they are both happy here.”

Dark Rider

Official: BVB sacks manager Lucien Favre

[Borussia Dortmund on Twitter] Edin Terzic takes over for Lucien Favre until Summer 2021.

Last edited:

Dark Rider

Hasenhüttl on being emotional after the game: "Yes, I had tears in my eyes because it's different playing in front of the fans, you can feel how much they enjoy watching us." | Post-Match Interview

Dark Rider

[Talksport] Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored more goals against Arsenal than he has for Arsenal at the Emirates this season

:pie_thinking:

Dark Rider

[Marca] Having been relegated twice in 2 years from La Liga to the Spanish 3rd division, Deportivo La Coruña lose at their home, 32000-capacity Estadio Riazor, to their Galician derby rivals Celta de Vigo's B team

Dark Rider

[James Olley] Patrice Evra to Sky Sports: "Thierry Henry, one day he invited me to his house to watch Arsenal. He turned on the TV, the first image he saw on the screen was Xhaka leading Arsenal. Thierry Henry turned off the TV. He said 'I can't watch my team & Xhaka being the captain.'"

Dark Rider

UEFA Champions League Round of 16 Draw Results

3ab6c8rc05561.png

So it is Atalanta that will knock us out :pie_thinking:

What's everyone comments and predictions? :messenger_beaming:

Dark Rider

Roma and Lazio will take part together in a project against world hunger - the two clubs will play the upcoming matches with the World Food Programme’s logo on their kits. Today the two respective club owners will take part in the presentation at the Stadio Olimpico

Dark Rider

Juventus president Andrea Agnelli after drawing Porto in the Champions League: ‘We need to find a stool for Bonucci.’

Dark Rider

[Romano] Arsenal's Edu: ''Arteta is doing a great job. We are in the process to have a beautiful future with Mikel. If you can sign 20 players, which we’re not going to do, that’s not going to work anyway. Why people expect a magician to go ‘Boom! Come here, Messi’? That’s not going to happen"

Dark Rider

Simone Inzaghi’s Lazio travel to face Filippo Inzaghi’s Benevento tonight. Their father Giancarlo Inzaghi wants the match to end in a draw

Boss Mog

I thought a draw would've been fairer on the night, but props to Liverpool. Despite the loss, what a performance by Lloris; there's nothing he could do on the 2 goals but he was able to stop everything that was in his power to stop.

Dark Rider

[Madrid Zone] Real Madrid have asked Sergio Ramos to wait with contract negotiations because they trust him. They know he’s not going to sign a secret contract with another club, if he wants to leave, he’ll say it. @ FabrizioRomano

Dark Rider

Russia's banned from competing in the 2022 World Cup in Qatar but will be allowed to play at next year's delayed Euro 2020 tournament because European football's governing body Uefa is not defined as a "major event organisation" with regards to rulings on anti-doping breaches.

🔥

Prison Mike

Banned
Russia's banned from competing in the 2022 World Cup in Qatar but will be allowed to play at next year's delayed Euro 2020 tournament because European football's governing body Uefa is not defined as a "major event organisation" with regards to rulings on anti-doping breaches.

🔥
Tough on the athletes that actually stick by rules n train hard but yeah.

Dark Rider

Marcos Llorente: "Every training session with Simeone is like a war"

Dark Rider

The World’s Highest Paid Footballers 1.Lionel Messi $126 million - 2.Cristiano Ronaldo $117 million - 3.Neymar $96 Million - 4. Mbappe $42 million - 5.Salah $37 million - 6.Pogba $28 million - 7.Griezmann $33 million - 8.Bale $29 Million - 9.Lewandowski $28 Million - 10.De Gea $27 Million.

Dark Rider

Jose Mourinho questions how Bayern Munich's Hansi Flick missed out to Jurgen Klopp as Fifa coach of the year: "I believe he only won the Champions League, Bundesliga, Pokal, the name of their cup, European Cup, German Super Cup - he only won five. And the biggest one of all. Poor Flick."

Dark Rider

[Fútbol en Movistar]: Diego Costa post-match interview: "He wasn't scoring, the bastard (Suárez)... now I'm back and he scores twice!"

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Dark Rider

[Herbert] Mikel Arteta says that Arsenal's league position does not reflect their performances. He said: 'Usually, if you are in this place in the table, you get battered by teams. It hasn't happened. We are [often] better than the opponent. We dominate teams.'

Dark Rider

[Real Madrid] Florentino Pérez: "Despite the pandemic, the club has managed to close the 2019/20 financial year with a positive economic result of 313,000 euros."

doing better than many.

Florentino Perez: The reshaping of football mustn't wait and Real Madrid will form part of it.

Dark Rider

Karim Benzema is the POTY of La Liga for the 2019/2020 season!

:messenger_beaming:

I would have given it to Ramos personally

[FC Barcelona] Lionel Messi receives a record-breaking 7th Pichichi trophy. The Barcelona captain scored 25 goals in 33 league games to clinch his 4th consecutive top-scorer award

Last edited:

Dark Rider

[Opta Jose] Diego Pablo Simeone has reached 300 victories in 499 games with Atlético (60.1%). He is the South American LaLiga manager with the most victories in all competitions ever.

Top Bottom